It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe A Mini-stroke

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I wanted you all to know that I may have had a mini-stroke last night.I was standing
in front of my kitchen sink,when suddenly, my lower left lip,left hand and arm and my
left heel started to tingle and feel slightly numb.This lasted for about 2 minutes and
I felt okay after I sat down a bit.A couple of hours later,the same thing again with
the exception of my lip.
I called my doctor this morning and was seen, she thinks I might have had a mini-stroke.
I will be having a brain scan on monday and will know more after getting the scan results.
I will appreciate prayers from members for my upcoming tests.I almost forgot...I have
to have a stress test done on my heart as well.Love you all,Mama

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Sending positive energy your way.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Hope everything turns out good for you. My father had what we found out after the fact a mini-stroke, three days later he had the major stroke.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Feel better Mama.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

My husband has had 3 strokes and when I first started feeling those
sensations,I thought I was having a stroke.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thank-you,and I know I will be okay,I am one tough Mama.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Sending prayers, love and light your way mama! My Husband had two mini strokes. I will be watching this thread closely.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Praying for you xo

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
People get ministrokes more than the realize. Yours was a warning shot. I have knowledge of foods that increase risk, lectins in veggies and grains and albumin type chemistry in animal based foods. There are also foods that help to stop agglutination of blood. Balancing them and establishing reasonable homeostasis is important to having an event in either direction. It isn't that hard to balance the chemistry and just moderation and a balanced diet takes care of most of the problem. I eat most of my veggies cooked well, that takes care of most of the problem with lectins.

Try to research some of this stuff, you may also need to go on blood thinners if you don't want to avoid certain foods that cause more risk....like some supposedly healthy veggies they are always pushing as healthy.

Stay alive and healthy so you can keep posting here. Strokes are no fun, they can cause serious crippling.
edit on 10-5-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Will be thinking of you Mama, take good care!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The easy part of all of this is telling you guys here about my episode.
The hard part is telling my mom and my children.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It is very strange to star and flag this thread because... well, did it anyway as a sign of well wishes and support!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hope the tests show you are ok and they can monitor you better from now on.

I had a massive stroke in 2010. I’m not sure if I had mini strokes before it as a warning. The only thing I noticed was one day the left side of my face drooped. It went back to normal after a few hours so I just ignored it.

The massive stroke was due to a DVT which sent a blood clot into my brain. I most likely should have been on blood thinners, but the consistency of my blood was never checked, even though I had told my doctors my mother died of a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lung) at age 41.

Good luck and good thing you are getting it looked at.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I hope you get good news.

You have all the good my prayers can do.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I had something similar happen to me several years ago. I felt a tingling on one side of my body. There was no drooping on my face and I could grip hard with my hand. I went to the ER, and they ran a brain scan - it didn’t show any sign of a stroke. It happened a few times, and it freaked me out. At the time I was taking estrogen replacement, and I suspect I was on too high of a dose. I went to a lower dose, and the tingling went away.

Not saying that’s what’s happening to you, but just sharing my experience.

Best of luck to you.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Praying for you Mamabeth!

edit on 10-5-2018 by InvisibleLady because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
I wanted you all to know that I may have had a mini-stroke last night.I was standing
in front of my kitchen sink,when suddenly, my lower left lip,left hand and arm and my
left heel started to tingle and feel slightly numb.This lasted for about 2 minutes and
I felt okay after I sat down a bit.A couple of hours later,the same thing again with
the exception of my lip.
I called my doctor this morning and was seen, she thinks I might have had a mini-stroke.
I will be having a brain scan on monday and will know more after getting the scan results.
I will appreciate prayers from members for my upcoming tests.I almost forgot...I have
to have a stress test done on my heart as well.Love you all,Mama

I had one.. 13 yrs back.. Still here... No after effects.

Take care, God Bless.. Pray you're ok.!
Best,
Mysterioustranger

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

When you think that you are having a stroke, it is best to get treatment immediately. Don't wait.

If the stroke is ischemic, they can give clot reducing medication before damage is significant (and permanent).

If the stroke is hemorrhagic, it can get much worse, very rapidly.

Either way, speed of response is key. Call emergency!

Mamma, I bless you with health and have asked God for His healing and wish for a good recovery.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: InvisibleLady

Praying for you Mamabeth. Did you take an aspirin right away? That is the only medical advice I feel led to share.
I had a sister-in-law (47) who had similar symptoms and she was fine, nothing showed on her tests. I say that to let you know we just never know, and so don't go in with fear until you know what the tests reveal. You are keeping tabs on your blood pressure?

Aspirin might not be good if the stroke is hemorrhagic.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Thank you Chr0naut!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join