It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MPD: Student Carrying ‘Trump’ Flag Assaulted Outside School

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Minneapolis police say no arrests have been made after a student carrying a flag with the word “Trump” on it was assaulted outside of Southwest High School.

This, during a planned walkout during National School Walkout Day. The incident took place off campus, across the street from the school.

As students were observing a moment of silence, two students confronted the flag-bearing student across the street from campus. Six other students joined in the confrontation, taking away his flag, damaging his camera and inflicting minor injuries.

Source: MPD: Student Carrying ‘Trump’ Flag Assaulted Outside School

So, the actual reports elsewhere I have read state the injuries consisted of a broken arm, in multiple places. Since when is a broken arm considered a "minor" injury? The press continues to play down any and all violent actions by the anti-trump movement.

Why am I not surprised.

I hope his family sues the perpetrators for assault, and the school for negligence in allowing and condoning this walkout to occur during the time when they should be teaching classes and not condoning walkouts. Is that what the local taxpayers are giving them money for now?

ETA: Additional news reporting.
Source: Student with ‘Trump’ flag assaulted by mob during National School Walkout
edit on 5/10/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Leftist ideology.

You can say whatever you want, but if it is something we don't like, we will beat you and silence you.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
What the hell is a "National School Walkout Day."

+1 more 
posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

It was an organized protest over school shootings and violence. So, obviously, these douchebags thought that using violence to suppress another students free speech right was justified during a moment of silence for the victims of school violence.

Flipping genius!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Leftist ideology.

You can say whatever you want, but if it is something we don't like, we will beat you and silence you.

I think it has more to do with high school ideology than anything political. But hey, why let this go to waste? Politicize it.

Paint millions of people with the same brush because of what some high school kids did.

Seems legit.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Leftist ideology.

I think it has more to do with high school ideology than anything political. But hey, why let this go to waste? Politicize it.

Paint millions of people with the same brush because of what some high school kids did.

Seems legit.

So, beating a student carrying a Trump flag is not political now???? Really???

Please, I hope you can read and open your eyes. This WAS politically motivated.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

It was an organized protest over school shootings and violence. So, obviously, these douchebags thought that using violence to suppress another students free speech right was justified during a moment of silence for the victims of school violence.

Flipping genius!

Cool. So why did this dude feel it was appropriate to do this "during a moment of silence for the victims of school violence"? Not condoning the violence but damn, use some of the grey matter god supplied.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Yes because we don't have multiple instances of adults doing this and liberals supporting groups advocating it.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Would this be considered a "hate" crime? If there are different races evolved, shouldn't it be?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Flipping genius!

Cool. So why did this dude feel it was appropriate to do this "during a moment of silence for the victims of school violence"? Not condoning the violence but damn, use some of the grey matter god supplied.

It doesn't say, but it seems logical that he had it with him the entire time, and the attackers chose that moment since he was likely not paying attention while recognizing the moment of silence.

Free speech, regardless, should not be suppressed by either political adherents. I would feel the same if it was a student carrying an Obama or Hillary flag and they were attacked for their political belief.

There is no excuse for this type of reaction.....AT ALL.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Seems legit.

Can we finally quit with the "broad brush" excuses?

This crap happens every week in college campuses, high schools, everywhere.

This isn't a one-off.

This can't be brushed away.

This is happening almost daily and is being supported by those who embrace a leftist ideology.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: underwerks

Yes because we don't have multiple instances of adults doing this and liberals supporting groups advocating it.

And, your point of this statement was, what exactly?

Sounds like deflection and whataboutism to me. We are talking about THIS incident, not the fantasy ones in your head.

Can we stay on topic please....thanks

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Flipping genius!

So it was a moment of silence and he was just carrying a flag. Did the flag make noise, I wonder? Loud enough to get beat up?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

There is no excuse for this type of reaction.....AT ALL.

I agree. That said if this was a reaction an action must have happened. Maybe that action, which seems to be seeking a reaction, wasn't the wisest course. That said wtf does Trump have to do with the issue of gun violence? This was a flag. Not a t-shirt or something similar. Flag in this instance seems provocative. He got his reaction. Not one I would have participated in but I haven't been in high school in almost 40 years. My kids are well past that age too so I'm not familiar with the atmosphere of today's schools.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Blame the victim, cause .. Trump

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

My point was this is not an isolated incident as the poster implied but part of a larger campaign waged by liberals to silence all dissident thoughts.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I reiterate. WTF does Trump have to do with gun violence?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

At this rate the left will be stoning people and throwing them off roofs in no time.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Who cares. If you don't like it unfriend him on Facebook. What does your confusion have to do with him being assaulted and deserving it?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Cause that’s just what we do in America; regardless, or aren’t you paying attention.
edit on 5/10/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join