It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The issue with atheism

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: peter vlar

Tell us what you do believe as an atheist?

How sad that someone I once considered a friend because we were capable of having civil discourse despite having differing opinions on faith, has to resort to petty, infantile ad hominem attacks.

Tell me again where I said I was an Atheist? I've always been quite clear that I'm an agnostic. But it wouldn't matter if I still had faith and went to church as I used to because I was baptized a Catholic and you were all too happy to mock me for that. Is your life so hollow and empty that you need to S# on someone else plate to feel better about yourself?

It's pretty sad that you are so frightened of anything that doesn't agree with your insular little corner of the world view that you attack people over nothing and in fact, create something in your own mind to justify such childish rhetoric. Are you sure you're not a closet liberal? Because this thread appears to be covered in snowflakes. Or maybe jesus just needs a bottle of Head and Shoulders?

Put something on the table or atheism is
for cowards.

No Randy, people who run their mouth from the safety of a computer screen is for cowards. PM me for my address if you like. I'm more than happy to discuss the matter of cowardice in person.

Nothing but cowards mocking what
others believe.

Who am I mocking? Pointing out someone's logical fallacy isn't mockery. You're the one doing all of the mockery, not me. But please, continue to puff out your chest like you're Billy the Kid of the internet

I'm a believer because I have the guts to
to confront your narrow minded bigotry.

Hiding behind the anonymity of the internet isn't confronting anything and doesn't make you brave or courageous. It puts you well below what you accuse me of. It's pathetic.

Or maybe I'm just stupid

You know, I was about to comment to the person who called you stupid about the level of immaturity and lack of couth required for such petty ad hominem attacks. I'm glad I scrolled farther down the page first.

Oh noz Burn the Bibles! They're evil!

Right... because I've ever intimated anything resembling such a statement.

How pathetic is that?

Put down the pipe because you must be high as a kite to seriously lob such infantile accusations against me. But I'm the bigot? Get over yourself Randy. At one point, I had a great deal of respect for you and considered you as much of a friend as one can have through the anonymity of a message board and mistakenly thought that we had some common ground aside from disagreeing on this one minor issue. Apparently I'm the stupid one. Glad that got sorted out. I'll stop here before I get a posting ban for typing what I would like to. Feel free to carry on, though you may want to check and see if you need a diaper change if you're this cranky.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I'll say it for you.

You believe in man.

And nothing is more worthy of ridicule.

No Randy, Your nonsensical ad hominem attacks that have zero basis in reality are worthy of ridicule. Keep 'em coming though champ. If nothing else, watching you lose your grip on sanity while accusing me of things I've neither done nor said is hilarious.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

If I was told that I'm going to die one day, would that be a fact or foretelling of my future?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Why are you taking it so personal?

You just answered me by saying basically
I'm more of it.

I'm not attacking you. Unbelievable.

I'm not here to be your friend.

I'm pointing out how ridiculous it is
to believe in man tho.

Oh so only atheists get to ridicule Believers
I get it now.

I apologize profusely.

Atheism has no business ridiculing anyone
ever.

And don't act like you never have Peter.

Sorry about your feelings.
edit on Rpm51518v58201800000055 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Put down the pipe because you must be high as a kite to seriously lob such infantile accusations against me.

Put down the what Peter?
What an absolute contradiction?
Huh Wow

Really nice.

Intelligent
edit on Rpm51518v55201800000054 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I see none of the things you're talking about, pride comes before the fall.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

a reply to: Woodcarver

Explaining that molecules are inanimate?
That's your answer? Everyone knows that.
It does nothing to explain your thinking
against the only observable evidence that
life only comes from life. Did you just
abandon the scientific method? Why not
just say life doesn't come only from
life because fire engines? Quit dodging the
question?
Yes, but those inanimate molecules combine to form living beings. Therefore, life is made up of inanimate molecules.

How many times have you seen that
happen?
Where is your observable evidence?
Just because molecules bond together
doesn't mean they spring to life. You're
talking bs to even suggest that they do.
You're funny.

Molecules that are allowed to last for billions
of years in a hostile environment?
Get the hell off me!
So was this when the earth was still all
molten?

You only believe such preposterous poppy
cock because some man said it's okay.
Without it ever being proved to you in
any way.
edit on Rpm51518v39201800000011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Sounds like you believe in miracles.

edit on Rpm51518v46201800000033 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
A belief in the non-existence in God is still a belief. You have no way to prove that God does not exist.

Absolutely correct - I have no way to prove something does not exist.

If you claim God exists, then prove it. If you cannot, I don't believe you.

That's it. that's all. Simple.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Nothing you write matters because you're
wrong.

Of course, Randyvs at his best

How can those who have no soul
believe in God?

THere's no evidence there is a soul or that life continues once you die. Having a soul or not makes no difference in choosing to believe in a God or not.

To you I'm just stupid.

Correct

But it's obvious you are the one who lacks.

Lacks....what? Don't leave me hanging sweetie.
edit on 16-5-2018 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH
You see, regardless of what you think, you are ugly person, insulting because someoen doesn't believe as you do and you can't handle it, intolerant is all you are

Oh Bless, another precious snowflake has been triggered.

What do science do that is good for you? If all you do is use it to insult people? You may work in science but doesn't mean you respect it or love it or use it for what it is for

That makes zero sense. I've been a proponent of science and the scientific method since the outset. I respect the process of what it does and what it achieves.

It's given us everything you can see around you: homes, clean water, health and medical services, your mobile phone, your car, the computer you're using to type you inane retort.

A belief in God has given us... well, zero as far as I can tell or even worse, it's taken us backwards, when the Church actively KILLED people who dared confront it with scientific facts.

. Right now you are not and i don't care you think i'm ignorant foolish girl, i head that before and got slapped before too because i don't sit and listen, i'll never bend.

Never bend to what? Facts?? Truth? I don't give a sniff if you're a girl. WHy bring up your gender? Do you feel that is relevant? I don't.

I know better than to let myself be put down for an old guy full of hate or whatever

Or whatever.

I like science and i plan to study neurobiology. I will never let this way of looking at science lead the way because i don't want to be like that, always looking for someone that can be put down becasue i think i know better

Good for you and I hope you do well. You are obviously a very, VERY sensitive little girl so I'll make this simple for you -- I use the facts presented by science to argue AGAINST the claim that there is a God, or than man was literally made from dust and the breath of God, or that science itself is a religion, or a church, etc.

If you think you can study science AND appease the Randyvs' of the world then I wish you the best of luck because no matter what you learn in neurobiology, it will never convince the God fearing religious. Especially when you know the facts and they do not.

Kick yourself in your bollocks for letting yourself grow to be like this

Oooh. You've just described my Saturday evenings

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Where is your observable evidence?

The evidence is HERE, Randyvs.

Scientists actually did it. It was observed and documented.

And no, it doesn't mean God does or does not exist. All it says is the organic compounds necessary for life (as we know it on Earth) *can* come from otherwise inorganic elements, contrary to your statement that only life can come from life.

See? No hate, no animosity. Just facts.

What say you, Big R?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

And you don't question that at all? How is it
something like that isn't happening everyday
outside a lab? Granted I get it it's away to
theorize something other than God did it.
But it doesn't come close to proving complex
organisms come to life after hang'n for billions
of years in a hostile environment does it?

Don't forget I'm just stupid now soo...

See what I'm say'n? That lab test didn't just
happen by itself did it?

And the odds of it ever happening on it's
own are not only equel to a miracle. To
result in the world we see today it take
a billion times that one miracle.

Or maybe someone was there to make sure it happened? That's what your experiment tells
me.

Oh and just an observation of your facts.
edit on Ram51618v23201800000059 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
a reply to: EasternShadow

If I was told that I'm going to die one day, would that be a fact or foretelling of my future?

Everyone dies. It's a fact. But if someone tell you're going to die in specific hour and date, then it would be foretelling your future. Why is it different? It's different because no one knows the exact time a person would die.

I advise you not to believe in any future foretelling. Because if you do, well... Accident does happen due to our clumsiness.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   

And you don't question that at all?

Of course I do. But I trust the results because, if I were so inclined, I could replicate them myself. Like any scientific experiment.

If someone says jumping off the top of a 30 storey building will kill you, I don't need to test that myself. Every time that has happened, the person splats into the ground. I don't need to 'question' the test -- the science behind gravity, aerodynamics, material dynamics, biology, etc, all say that I would die. I don't need to 'question' it if all te supporting evidence is available, repeatable and testable, all producing the same result.

How is it something like that isn't happening everyday
outside a lab? Granted I get it it's away to theorize something other than God did it.
But it doesn't come close to proving complex organisms come to life after hang'n for billions
of years in a hostile environment does it?

Ahh yes you're right. That experiment does not explain the complexity and diversity of life. No contest there.

But evolution does. Gene mutation, survival of the fittest does. And that was further down the line after the inorganic compounds, through a set of ideal conditions, combined to create organics and then to single cells, etc.

It wasn't like, dump a couple things into a test tube and out pops a wombat. There's a super long, long process in between, which is what the theory of evolution attempts to answer and in my opinion, answers quite well. We also have plenty of evidence to show that is also true.

Don't forget I'm just stupid now soo...

See what I'm say'n? That lab test didn't just
happen by itself did it?

Good Christ, man. I give you a perfect example of how it CAN happen in nature, and you yet again push the goals posts even further.

Are you implying all matter in the universe is managed by God? Each sub atomic particle is personally managed by God??

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

I am implying that experiments don't just
happen by themselves. And at best they only
duplicate with what is already here. You
choose to believe that can happen outside a
lab with out a scientist?

Science doesn't ever just happen. No
experiment ever happens with out
someone there. The very act you use to
prove we don't need a God to explain things?
Proves we do.

Good Christ, man. I give you a perfect example of how it CAN happen in nature, and you yet again push the goals posts even further. 

But you didn't you gave me a lab experiment.
Not at all the goal.
edit on Ram51618v00201800000010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
THere's no evidence there is a soul or that life continues once you die.

Scientist from Russia claimed he could prove the evidence of soul. It's an interesting read.
Can Science Prove Souls Exist?

Here is another reading. I say his methodology is sound.

His one paper called ‘‘The Explanatory Value of the Idea of Reincarnation’’ had thousands of requests for reprints by scientists all over the world. His findings were also published in peer reviewed journals the Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, and the International Journal of Comparative Sociology.

Scientific Proof Of Reincarnation. Yes, the Soul Exists

originally posted by: noonebutme
Having a soul or not makes no difference in choosing to believe in a God or not.

Nope. But it does prove that life doesn't spontaneously happen, simply by assembling and mixing together, millions complex living organisms. Scientist would have to answer the origin of soul, next. But I guess it shouldn't be a problem.
edit on 16-5-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow
Scientist from Russia claimed he could prove the evidence of soul. It's an interesting read.
Can Science Prove Souls Exist?

Debunked as bunk: www.metabunk.org...

Nope. But it does prove that life doesn't spontaneously happen, simply by assembling and mixing together, millions complex living organisms. Scientist would have to answer the origin of soul, next. But I guess it shouldn't be a problem.

How? How does having a soul prove life doesn't spontaneously happen? You are looking at the "end result" and assuming it just happened. Like looking at a 1000 piece puzzle and saying, "See? How is that possible to be like that?" And you're right - looking at an assembled, complex puzzle in its final format probably IS impossible to go from a single atom to a completed puzzle.

BUT... if you look at it piece by piece. A single piece, made from paper, ink, glue, etc. Then look at the glue components, what makes up paper, the ink. You go backwards to see how the smaller components came together to make a bigger picture.

This is what people are arguing about life. You don't look at a human and say, "See?? It's impossible to get to that from nothing or inorganic components!" And sure.. from a single atom to a full human it is impossible. But you need to UNDERSTAND the process that took billions of years to get here.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I am implying that experiments don't just
happen by themselves. And at best they only
duplicate with what is already here. You
choose to believe that can happen outside a
lab with out a scientist?

Ok, you are intentionally being stupid now. Did you attend school? Did you never learn about biology, history, evolution? Anthropology? Did anything you learn in school ever stay? I can't imagine someone is this ill-informed unless they're trolling.

Science doesn't ever just happen. No
experiment ever happens with out
someone there.

You're right. And 'experiment', defined as a scientific procedure undertaken to make a discovery, test a hypothesis, or demonstrate a known fact is executed by a person.

But the FACT that is demonstrates doesn't exist because of a person. It demonstrates what IS a fact, what IS a truth. Regardless of whether the person is there.

If you want argue semantics, fine. But that doesn't change what experiments demonstrate - facts.

At this point I'm pretty sure you're being intentionally obtuse.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
amazing how for some reality is falling apart

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join