It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The issue with atheism

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Oh come on Randy, nobody has been 'hating' in this thread, don't be lame acting like a theist victim.
If you disagree with comments then challenge them with logical argument...bleating "Haters!!!" is lame and you know it.
Like people who shout "Racist!!!" in threads discussing radical Wahabbi Islam.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
This is what doesn't add up with atheism.

Atheism is the distantiation of God. These people claim to worship nothing, so are in fact claiming to be souvereign/supreme beings, actually God himself.

I wonder what their doctrine is about.

They very much lack souvereignity if you ask me.

or perhaps this is what you call souvereign:

edit on 11-5-2018 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Ruiner1978
Fair enough mate, as I said, I can't comment on whatever experiences you perceived, and I wish you well, but I'm sure you understand why I don't hold any faith as you do. Personal experience is all.
As an aside I'm actually drawn to Therevada Buddhism tenets, they sit well in my interpretation of life and require no faith.

Yeah Bud, I totally get where you're coming from.
Thanks for being reasonable, it's refreshing.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance
You are 100% correct about atheism....

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Oh come on Randy, nobody has been 'hating' in this thread

I have. I hate everyone...

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

edit on 11 5 1818 by Ruiner1978 because: So much so I had to say it twice

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I know I'm having fun watching.

OP a good example to follow right here.

I get way to passionate

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

Fair enough mate, as I said, I can't comment on whatever experiences you perceived, and I wish you well, but I'm sure you understand why I don't hold any faith as you do. Personal experience is all.
As an aside I'm actually drawn to Therevada Buddhism tenets, they sit well in my interpretation of life and require no faith.

Yeah Bud, I totally get where you're coming from.
Thanks for being reasonable, it's refreshing.

Same back at ya, I love the chat, it's always interesting learning stuff about how our fellow humans think.
I gave up being on attack, just enjoy new people and new chat these days.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

PMSL!!!

EDIT
I love everyone even if they are unkind and unfriendly, basic human love, I've been in savage violent situations and then tended for my enemy when he was no longer a threat. Genuine caring love for fellow man who wanted to hurt me but then needed me. Call me a hippy, whatever, I don't need any god to tell me how to be good, I'd even argue like a badass with the alleged Christian god.
Have a good Friday night though mate, it's only ever interesting chat with me. We'd be chatting the same if we were playing a game of pool in my local.

edit on 11-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Oh come on Randy, nobody has been 'hating' in this thread, don't be lame acting like a theist victim.
If you disagree with comments then challenge them with logical argument...bleating "Haters!!!" is lame and you know it.

The truth does hurt doesn't it.
Sorry about that chief.
edit on Rpm51118v54201800000003 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Peeple

Stating your personal opinion isn't definitive proof of existence.

Hold up a sec?
When did this turn into wanting definitive proof of the existence of God??
The issue here was wanting to know WHY people believe in God.

Move the goal posts much? Very scientific!

as a matter of fact, the initial contention was that atheism is presumptuous and conceited. followed by discussion.

is it safe to assume that you clicked the thread because you were interested in sharing why you believe in god? perhaps.

is it safe to assume that definitive proof of god is no longer relevant based on your specific interest? probably not.

is it safe to assume that definitive proof of any kind would make even a little difference in the debate?

...lets just say its okay to dream.

I'm completely unsure of my beliefs. Ever changing and difficult to comprehend myself, let alone put into words. So sharing, no

I don't think any kind proof would make any difference at all.
I think evidence would and should make all the difference in the world. I can certainly show why evidence should make a difference and i can convince you that evidence can sway your opinion.

I meant specifically proof of God.
I think most would still deny due to the real reason most don't want to believe.
well, You were obviously convinced at some point by some piece of information. The question is, was that piece of information reasonable?

I am assuming that it was not, since you do not seem to want to share it here for discussion.

Could you rephrase please? I'm not entirely sure what you're asking?

Do you believe in gods, supreme beings, spirits, or goblins?

I have a belief in possibility, if that gives you any ammo?
I’m not looking for ammo, i am looking for an open and honest conversation. You just asked me to repeat my question. If all you want to do is be vague and beat around the bush, then you’re probably not the kind of person i am looking for.

It’s a simple question. Everybody believes in possibilities, that is not the question i have asked you though. Do you believe in gods, supreme beings, spirits, or goblins?
edit on 11-5-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Hold up a sec?

as a matter of fact, the initial contention was that atheism is presumptuous and conceited. followed by discussion.

is it safe to assume that you clicked the thread because you were interested in sharing why you believe in god? perhaps.

is it safe to assume that definitive proof of god is no longer relevant based on your specific interest? probably not.

is it safe to assume that definitive proof of any kind would make even a little difference in the debate?

I'm completely unsure of my beliefs. Ever changing and difficult to comprehend myself, let alone put into words. So sharing, no

I think evidence would and should make all the difference in the world. I can certainly show why evidence should make a difference and i can convince you that evidence can sway your opinion.

I think most would still deny due to the real reason most don't want to believe.

Oh please please tell me the real reason why I don't want to believe .... please ....

Lol, You already know...

I know my reasons: freedom, personal responsibility, personal accountability, self determination, free will, not wanting to build a prison around myself, wanting to fully experience this reality..

I know I know...it is like we are twins...those were your identical justifications for why people don't believe in god....hmmm, what does that say about YOUR reasons for wanting to believe....

What makes you think I want to believe??

You just blew my mind. That is awesome!!!!

So you are saying you don't really want to believe, but through your personal experiences, you are forced to believe in god?

Did god force themselves on you?

I think you're confused. Where exactly have I stated my subscribed belief?

Do you argue for both sides or is there one particular thought pattern that you are trying to get people to understand?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

The truth does hurt dpesn't it.
Sorry about that chief.

Lol no, not for me at least mate, I haven't even felt a bit cross let alone hate, and I haven't felt that vibe from stuff other people have replied. Quote some hate in case I missed it?
...you gotta admit nobody has been a hater like you are trying to say, that's lame being a pseudo victim, come on man you're above that.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Hold up a sec?

well, You were obviously convinced at some point by some piece of information. The question is, was that piece of information reasonable?

I am assuming that it was not, since you do not seem to want to share it here for discussion.

Could you rephrase please? I'm not entirely sure what you're asking?

Do you believe in gods, supreme beings, spirits, or goblins?

I have a belief in possibility, if that gives you any ammo?
I’m not looking for ammo, i am looking for an open and honest conversation. If all you want to do is be vague and beat around the bush, then you’re probably not the kind of person i am looking for.

It’s a simple question. Everybody believes in possibilities, that is not the question i have asked you though. Do you believe in gods, supreme beings, spirits, or goblins?

Woodcarver, you are trying to bull# a bull#ter....

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

You missed it alright
I've shown the haters the flaw in thier belief
In absolutely nothing. It is ridiculous.
edit on Rpm51118v01201800000025 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Quote the alleged hate then if you're gonna whine about it, maybe I'll agree it's hateful.
I've not read anything hateful in this thread though, and no offence intended but I think you are sidetracking by being overly dramatic. No offence mate but that's how I see it.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Jesus turned water into whine amigo.
Live with it.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

No quote of the alleged hate in this thread then?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Why show you what is obvious or what you already
know?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join