It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The issue with atheism

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

That's where I differ with them too, god, demons... they all exist inside you (personally I'd go further and say inside all life with a consciousness). You are already inspired, right? Creativity, the joy beauty brings that's all there is.
That is god.

If you call it however else that truly doesn't matter.
Enjoy you're much better than most of the dogmatic enemies of love. No doctrine needed.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Ruiner1978

Interesting interjection

I will never understand Randy's experience with whatever it was made him believe in a god, but I imagine he can understand that while I have so far never experienced such a thing in my life I remain a non-believer.
I'm cool with Randy and his faith, we just differ when it is presented as fact.
I keep an open mind, I just don't start blindly believing unknown people's testimonies.

...crap god though, I'd be an A list star on TV and social media if I was a god, I'd reel them in with miracles like back in the day, billions of followers my name trending like a bad boy.
Strange how miracles kinda stopped a couple of thousand years ago...did god die or something?

Great answer!

I'm not sure it's a case of blindly believing unknown people's testimonies though. It's personal experiences. Personal. Subjective.
You know what I mean?

Silent God?
God using social media? Lol
Interesting, got me thinking...

Gotta be following to hear the Tweets.
All i hear is people saying they have the answers and then when i ask what those answers are, they give me their beliefs, or they get mad and run away.

But Woodcarver! You don't want those answers anyway do you!!
You are not interested!
So why exactly are you asking!

Be honest with yourself.
That is what everyone keeps telling me. Usually right after i ask them?

Well it's obviously a "cast not pearls before swine" thing.
I think it is obviously that you people have no idea why you believe the things you do, other than it was what you were taught to believe.

I wasn't brought up believing what I now believe woodie
What you said is about as dumb as saying all atheists have atheist kids and are only atheists because mum and dad said they should be

That's not smart, but in this topic you generally don't show your smarts
I wonder why your capacity for logic goes out the window in this forum
Instead of slinging insults, you could be using this time to constructively formulate an explanation which logically lays out your position.

Woodie, is that you
Seriously, is that you

You don't care about or acknowledge anyones position but your own

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

That's where I differ with them too, god, demons... they all exist inside you (personally I'd go further and say inside all life with a consciousness). You are already inspired, right? Creativity, the joy beauty brings that's all there is.
That is god.

If you call it however else that truly doesn't matter.
Enjoy you're much better than most of the dogmatic enemies of love. No doctrine needed.

What do you Mean that gods and demons exist in inside of people. Are you referring to pathologies? Or are you just saying that people make up thier own beliefs, and those beliefs are more important than reality?

Or are you saying that gods and demons actually reside in people. It just seems like a vague platitude with no real backing other than, it’s what some people believe.

There are no enemies of love. There are just people who would rather stick to their beliefs rather than explore the physical world.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Interesting interjection

I will never understand Randy's experience with whatever it was made him believe in a god, but I imagine he can understand that while I have so far never experienced such a thing in my life I remain a non-believer.
I keep an open mind, I just don't start blindly believing unknown people's testimonies.

...crap god though, I'd be an A list star on TV and social media if I was a god, I'd reel them in with miracles like back in the day, billions of followers my name trending like a bad boy.
Strange how miracles kinda stopped a couple of thousand years ago...did god die or something?

Great answer!

I'm not sure it's a case of blindly believing unknown people's testimonies though. It's personal experiences. Personal. Subjective.
You know what I mean?

Silent God?

All i hear is people saying they have the answers and then when i ask what those answers are, they give me their beliefs, or they get mad and run away.

You are not interested!

Be honest with yourself.

I think it is obviously that you people have no idea why you believe the things you do, other than it was what you were taught to believe.

What you said is about as dumb as saying all atheists have atheist kids and are only atheists because mum and dad said they should be

Instead of slinging insults, you could be using this time to constructively formulate an explanation which logically lays out your position.

Woodie, is that you
Seriously, is that you

still slinging Derogatory claims? Why not join the conversation?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Interesting interjection

Great answer!

You know what I mean?

Silent God?

You are not interested!

Be honest with yourself.

Woodie, is that you
Seriously, is that you

still slinging Derogatory claims? Why not join the conversation?

What do you get out of this, a cheap thrill
You are the worst kinda fundamentalist, you are like one of those Christians who hold up a god hates fags sign, just batting for the other team
There is no conversation with a fundie, just hate

Seriously, what do you get out of all the hate and anger
Be an atheist, good onya, just don't be the worst kind

Find a bit of tolerance

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Interesting interjection

Great answer!

You know what I mean?

Silent God?

You are not interested!

Be honest with yourself.

You people?
Lol once again Woodcarver, you are mistaken.
I was raised in the most unreligious environment you could imagine.

And I already know that that's exactly what you think. Your mind is already made up about other's reasonings. You are not actually interested, and are not asking out of wanting understanding.

This is transparent. You, you are transparent.

Try not to act so let down when people disengage with you. That false sense of achievement and victory you've been getting has got you all carried away with yourself.

it’s not about victory, it’s about exposing a lack of of reasoning. Plenty of people will see this conversation and see the lack of ability to explain their position. I would think if your beliefs are so strong, then it would be easy to explain the path of logic that lead you there.

I have been having this same discussion with raggedy ann and randy for years now, so there is quite a bit of history between us.

I have been asking the same questions for all this time. And still, nobody can logically explain why they believe in gods.

Ahhhhhhh, exposing lack of reasoning, so that's it.

Why is it that I fully understand why people believe what they believe and you "don't"?

And why do I not believe your reasons for your disbelief?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

That will be a long post sorry:

Well the key is consciousness. Everything underlying all matter is basically information.
-1/0/1,
or left spin, neutral, right spin,
or darkness, void, light... (that's all deeply philosophical and one could fill with that whole books, but I try to keep it short)
If I'd take you apart to your smallest particles, which we once thought atoms were (Greek: uncuttable/undevidable)
It's all there is you are a bag of those smallest thing, which are kept together through the forces (you know basic science I don't have to explain that, right?)

In the material world the universe organizes through spacetime.
In the infinitesimally small world of information (approaching zero mass, zero space, etc) there's a different organizing force needed. That which we now best describe as "consciousness".

Matter interacts with matter, information interacts with information.
What is it that makes you "alive"? Consciousness, right? Your grey matter is your perception device, it's where light, sound and all the forms of energy surrounding you get "detected and measured", but your whole body is the consciousness vessel, it's pretty logical, right? Because it's not only your brain which lives.
While your body needs consciousness to move and interact, your consciousness can easily live without the body.
Well kind of.

In a nutshell, time is for the universe, what ego is for consciousness. The consciousness is mostly pure information, spinning, therefor energy and if you remember thermodynamics, no energy ever gets lost.
So where does it go? Your body is bound to the 3dimensions plus time. Your consciousness is so small and so light, it is not.
But it also "clumps", like matter does, forming planets out of dust etc. it forms "egos".

Now I've confused you completely?
edit on 11-5-2018 by Peeple because: Clarification

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I have been having this same discussion with raggedy ann and randy for years now, so there is quite a bit of history between us.

I have been asking the same questions for all this time. And still, nobody can logically explain why they believe in gods.

Really, "raggedy ann" is that your best, that pathetic woodie
Come on, you are better than that

I can't logically explain my beliefs, never said I could, why should I, justify myself to who you think you are to me

Why be a baby about it
Can you logically explain yours, would you, would you just prefer to act all smug and superior, I am disgusted by fundamentalists, you are one of them

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Well the key is consciousness. Everything underlying all matter is basically information.
-1/0/1,
or darkness, void, light... (that's all deeply philosophical and one could fill with that whole books, but I try to keep it short)
If I'd take you apart to your smallest particles, which we once thought atoms were (Greek: uncuttable/undevidable)
It's all there is you are a bag of those smallest thing, which are kept together through the forces (you know basic science I don't have to explain that, right?)

In the infinitesimally small world of information (approaching zero mass, zero space, etc) there's a different organizing force needed. That which we now best describe as "consciousness".

What is it that makes you "alive"? Consciousness, right? Your grey matter is your perception device, it's where light, sound and all the forms of energy surrounding you get "detected and measured", but your whole body is the consciousness vessel, it's pretty logical, right? Because it's not only your brain which lives.
While your body needs consciousness to move and interact, your consciousness can easily live without the body.
Well kind of.

In a nutshell, time is for the universe, what ego is for consciousness. The consciousness is mostly pure information, spinning, therefor energy and if you remember thermodynamics, no energy ever gets lost.
So where does it go? Your body is bound to the 3dimensions plus time. Your consciousness is so small and so light, it is not.
But it also "clumps", like matter does, forming planets out of dust etc. it forms "egos".

I’m sorry, but i am an actual scientist, and what you just wrote sounds very unscientific. More like a bunch of hoodoo blanketed with some words you’ve heard from scientific literature. I know that sounds harsh, and I do not mean to disrespect you, but I’m assuming you do not have any background in academics, especially scientific fields. Am I right about that?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Really, "raggedy ann" is that your best, that pathetic woodie
Come on, you are better than that

I can't logically explain my beliefs, never said I could, why should I, justify myself to who you think you are to me

Why be a baby about it
Can you logically explain yours, would you, would you just prefer to act all smug and superior, I am disgusted by fundamentalists, you are one of them

Why would you cling to believes that you cannot logically explain?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Aww you sound butthurt. Did I crash your dogma?

I'm here to help, if you can stay rational for a second: what didn't you understand?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I'm here to help, if you can stay rational for a second: what didn't you understand?

I don't think he understands he's in the Metaphysics forum...

Woodcarver! Exposing lack of reasoning everywhere!
Coming soon to a forum near you.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Butt hurt? Not at all. Whatever i write is not intended to offend. I just write fast and get to the point.

Your post included a lot of language that is used when describing quarks. I just don’t see how it explains anything. There is nothing philosophical about quarks. They are measurable and have nothing to do with spirituality.

I am confused why you would use this language to describe consciousness. Consciousness is created by neuron cells firing in your brain. There is no science that connects the two, unless you are a scientist working on this in a lab, you would not have any special knowledge of such things.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

i’m fine with you guys ganging up on me instead of addressing the issues here. It just shows everybody else your inability to put your beliefs on the table to be scrutinized, which will lead many to realise that there is no foundation beneath your beliefs.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

-1/0/1,

Well kind of.

Consciousness is not a force in the universe, it only happens in brains. There is no example of a consciousness that is not connected to a brain.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

i’m fine with you guys ganging up on me instead of addressing the issues here. It just shows everybody else your inability to put your beliefs on the table to be scrutinized, which will lead many to realise that there is no foundation beneath your beliefs.

One second Woodcarver. I'm just popping to the Science forums to discuss Georges Bataille's book The Solar Anus and expose some lack of reasoning myself.

Be right back. ok?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Well yes, plenty. For example God. Ascended Masters. Angels. Demons....

Haha you're really desperate now, huh?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Well yes, plenty. For example God. Ascended Masters. Angels. Demons....

Can you prove definitively that they exist?
edit on 11-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I just did.

I mean it's a bit like with alien stuff. There is tons of anecdotal evidence. Subjective reports of people's experience. Only I can back my "belief in god" with logical reasoning.

That's what you guys wanted, not?
edit on 11-5-2018 by Peeple because: Clarification

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Stating your personal opinion isn't definitive proof of existence.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join