It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mossberg Becomes Second Firearms Company To Cut Off Dick's

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Oh that. Well best I can surmise, it is
a. A rather heinous sexual assault, or
b. A sporting goods company deciding to no longer sell guns, and a gun company now refusing to sell them any....to sell.
edit on 11-5-2018 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
After all Dicks are tumbling in the market right now, but not because of the gun ban, no,apparently

Feminism.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

What a bunch of Dicks! Why on Gods green earth would the company hire lobbyists to restrict sales of a product they sell!? Dumbcrap CEO and VP's who don't have a clue to their consumer audience who will stop purchasing from them. Dick's corporate a holes just canned themselves and sales.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
A sporting store that supports gun control... the irony kills me.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This is particularly strange since the majority of Dick's customers are probably outdoor enthusiasts, including a lot of hunters and gun owners. And I know Field and Stream used to be a hunting/fishing mag....have snowflakes taken it over, or is Dick's falling on its own sword for some perverted reason?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

The same types of people who use words like "social justice" as it pertains to firearms.

They want to make-believe their gang culture is anything like real America. Simple fact is that only law abiding Americans purchase firearms of any sort from an FFL. So if Dicks is expecting to draw the anti-gun crowd with this move, they've really made a mistake.

2A folks know how to stick together. And I think the message to us, from Dicks is very, very clear. I'll make my rebuttal equally clear to them, by never giving them another penny from my pocket. Meanwhile, NRA + pro-gun candidate donations will continue mounting

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Dicks is doing their best to promote sexual assault by limiting potential-victims' access to life saving defensive firearms. Including the highly effective AR-15, Mossberg 500/590, and other wonderful HD guns. You can't even find the venerable CZ Scorpion EVO S3, Sig MPX or other sub guns.

Who in their right mind would go there when Cabelas is in the business of empowering individuals to refuse to become a victim or statistic. Smart choice, IMO.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

ha ha ha
that title!!

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
OK. I haven't looked at a F&S magazine since I was probably 14 (I'm 45) but as I recall, didn't they have a picture of a gun on pretty much every other page back in the day? Kind of a sharp turn for them, huh?
edit on 11-5-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
BTW, it isn't much of a surprise all this BS is going on these days. It's what happens when you give every moron who's capable of speech a gazillion watt megaphone.

Ironically, it just might be the First Amendment that undermines all the rest of them.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Was honestly worried about the title lol. The 500 is my favorite gun and I thought Mossberg was committing suicide. Thank G-d it's just pulling the trigger on a glorified golf outlet.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ventian

Mine too. I picked up several of the JIC models, including the lovely mariner coat.

I don't spend much time on water, but never know when you want/need to be near salt-water and have a trusty 12 GA pump with segmenting rifled slugs. Of course I have various incarnations of the 500, some for hunting, some for HD and others as spare parts

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaymp
Cabela's for window shopping, Bass Pro for purchase. Dick's doesn't enter into the equation.

Also, while I consider myself a democrat, I still don't believe in gun control.

I'm very pro gun, but I despise the NRA with their fear mongering marketing tactics. Have you ever seen their videos on YouTube? Sheesh. Pander much?

"Pander much..."

Really? You must be one of those folks who, when you went to K-12, didn't care much for history or civics.

I've got good news and bad news... the good news, is they haven't repealed the 2nd Amendment... yet. The bad news is... anyone who thinks those on the left who say "We DON'T want to ban guns... we just _______(fill in hedge statement here)________" is naive and hasn't followed the history of gun politics at ALL.

I guess the other news is either good or bad, depending on who you (a person, generally) are. The 2nd Amendment wasn't about hunting... it wasn't even about general "self protection".

It was for the EXACT REASON that the other 9 original amendments... because "Men are not angels." The Founders were not paranoid or suspicious about what a central government was, or might do. THEY KNEW ALREADY WHAT A CENTRAL GOVERNMENT WOULD DO... they fought a war against the/their government over despotic behavior by the king, and they were much more versed and articulate about the history of civilizations, and their progression into tyranny, which seemed to be wired into the politics of power, and that power's capacity to corrupt those of weak character.

The 2nd Amendment was to protect the citizens from government. P E R I O D... and I hope it never comes to that.
edit on 11-5-2018 by dasman888 because: Edits

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zoyd23 Dicks just uses the Field and Stream name in their outdoor goods,there is no connection between them and the magazine.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

A lot of them seem to be cutting off Dicks these days. The whole situation is bonkers, makes me wonder the kind of numbers we will see.

Caitlyn Jenner cut off Dicks too, so Ive been told.

😉

Yeah, for the last couple years the threat of the act was popular among distraught LSU fans. Might still be, depending on how this season goes.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I'm more of the REI type, but the last time I was in my local Dick's, it looked like an arsenal.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Several Dick’s and one Field & Stream around here. Shame really as you could get better prices on ammo than Cabela’s and F&S carried more interesting guns before all this started. Poor decisions led to Gander Mtn. riding off into the sunset. Dick’s seems to want to follow suit, yet rather than discounting discontinued items they just pull and destroy. Not a well thought out business model for investors and shareholders.

Start picking out your memento sweatshirts now.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Wow, I actually commented in this thread, I think to the true intention of the OP, yet this fine community here at ATS has turned a real thread, that needs real debate, into a penis, dick, cock, thread.

How mature, I'm glad there are moderators who work diligently to insure there's a good family cock/dick/prick/penis entertainment.

And yes, I've been here before, a long gone member, back to see most are gone; this place is gone.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
As to the original intent of what I think the OP was talking about, it's F-ing amazing that Dick's owns Field, and Stream, yet are going full SJW, and lobbying for gun control?

The conspiracy here, isn't the 12 year old dick/prick/cock/penis jokes for 3 pages, but the fact that a store who's bread, and butter, is now 'bad'. Isn't that strange.... Let's just talk about cocks though; so much better of a topic.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join