It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mossberg Becomes Second Firearms Company To Cut Off Dick's

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: darepairman
Nasty bobbitses.
We hates bobbitses.
edit on 5/10/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

They should be ok through the summer.

When winter hits i see dicks shrinking right and left.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I predict Florida will be Dickless in 2 years.

a reply to: howtonhawky

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The US is full steam ahead to civil war

Mark my words it's coming

Liberals you gonna run 😂

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The US is full steam ahead to civil war

Mark my words it's coming

Liberals you gonna run 😂

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Great to see!

I only give Cabelas and online stores like Brownells my business. There are some great firearms websites (armslist for instance) that connect buyers and sellers across the country

Found some great deals on there. Meanwhile, let these big-box stores (except Cabelas, perhaps a few others) continue to "shoot themselves in the foot" by alienating the crowd most likely to patronize their store.

I have a lot of respect for companies like Mossberg (who make great defensive shotguns) and Magpull (who moved to a free-state in order to produce standard capacity 30 round mags and extended capacity 40/60 round magazines)
edit on 5/10/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Certainly a possibility, given the extreme polarization and de-legitimization of the rule of law (thanks to partisan investigations and double standards). Still, to keep this statement in frame, I'd put those odds around ~10%.

It is not a good thing or something anybody should wish for. The realities of civil war can be witnessed in many nations today. For instance, if the first American civil war is any indication, many innocent lives would be lost and our nation's infrastructure would be reduced to third world standing. Few families or groups would be unaffected by such a tragic and large scale event.

The way I see it, few things are worth dying over. Few things are worth losing X number of family/friends. Politics are not worth it. Petty arguments are not worth it. The only thing worth such tragedy to me is our Constitution and freedom/liberty of our Citizens. And despite the polarization, neither of those things are in immediate danger.

I just hope those egging on conflict/strife realize civil war is nothing like Hollywood portrays. It isn't glamorous and is unlikely to result in some "magic utopia paradise" springing up after ward.

In fact, one surefire way to help America's enemies would be for our nation's own Citizens to reduce our infrastructure/healthcare/security to unprecedented lows. A very terrible idea indeed

There is nothing our country is facing that can't be resolved at the ballot box and by agreeing to mind our own business. Whether or not everyone realizes this is yet to be seen. A more likely scenario I envision is a state (like CA) seceding. Even this would not mean a civil war is inevitable. Provided that both "sides" are rational and have a concerted desire to bring about a peaceful solution.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Damn. I guess the entire country will just have to become more accustomed to smaller Dick's.

Never was a fan of Dick's myself, but hey, if it's your thing, have at it.

That being said, can you really have too many Dick's?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hi Point has cut off Dicks too.Looks like Dicks is gonna lose it all.They shouldn`t have tried to give the shaft to their customers,maybe they should change the name to Bobbits,cause they`re cut off.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Next thing ya know, Dicks will be so small that there will only be parking in the rear....of the store.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp
Damn. I guess the entire country will just have to become more accustomed to smaller Dick's.

Never was a fan of Dick's myself, but hey, if it's your thing, have at it.

That being said, can you really have too many Dick's?

I'd say any Dicks is too many for my taste. My ex would disagree with that vehemently. She preferred a lot of Dicks. The more the merrier. Cause you know...shopping and stuff.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

Good for HiPoint! Great functioning, American made firearm. A little adjustment needed to feed lips, but great for a truck gun or something to stash in a wall safe. Glad to see Hi Point standing with the 2A

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This writer gets my vote for number one title of the year.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
dicks didn't sell may of the types of firearms they are phasing out. In this respect it will not do much to them. What I hope to see are people choosing to vote with their wallets and not spend money in their stores as a way to voice their opinions about all this. Though being the main flow of their cash comes form crap like spandex "sports gear" I'll wager that the bulk of their customers wont have much an opinion about this. How else will hey get their yoga pants?? :-O

Good on any gun makers to stop selling any type of their products in stores like Dicks. I hope makers of other products might follow but I don't think it will happen.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Dick's may have to down-size because of this.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Phage

There's at least one dick around there.

The fact this got 20 stars is telling...
I'm curious to see if the person it's directed at will self reflect or continue on being a sports store.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This is terrible news as I love Dicks. I hope this doesn't cause widespread shrinkage. Chains are pretty volitile in our economy so I'm hoping this one is strong enough to hold on to all the Dicks.

Mossberg is within their rights to cut them off but capitalism directly benefits from Dicks taking our money. I just hope more are erected as a recovery effort.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Here in the UK, we have no Dick's.

Across the pond there they go by Tallywacker's.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Where I am, We have Fin Feather & Fur, are they not as well known as the other sporting goods stores?
They have no online store that I am aware of, but they got it all. I get everything from bow hunting to ammo reloading there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join