It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - The Cliff Notes On Cliffs Notes - Gone But Not Forgotten

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The logo is not disputed.

The name has always been a variation of CliffsNotes.

The name has never been Cliff Notes - as many of us know it was because we owned them..

I have never heard an Effected person claim to be special in any way - ever - and I follow the subject very closely.

The same facts posted by Naysayers are the same facts posted by the Effected. No Effected person is disputing the fact that the name is CliffsNotes.

-----

These statements by Naysayers are in every Mandela Effect thread.

They are working hard to create an image for you.. ..that all Effected people believe themselves to be special, that Effected people think they could never be wrong, that Effected people don't know logos change and don't understand misheard lyrics. They want you to believe Effected people don't understand how memory works.

You know the difference between a flimsy memory and something you're sure of (knowledge).

Don't let them think for you.

edit on 11-5-2018 by Pearj because: some girls are bigger than others, and some girls' mothers are bigger than other girls' mothers.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Awesome, I have always known they were Cliff's Notes, and have always called them Cliff Notes. People called them Cliff Notes when they were Cliff's Notes, ever wonder why it's always something so simple and explainable that "changes" .. because nothing changed. Let me know when it was Margaret's Notes.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It's good to know you called them Cliff Notes.

I hea wha you'r sayin, tha it' norma to leav the las lette of a bran nam - it' muc easie t communicat a bran t othe tha wa - an it avoi confusio tha wa - w al d i righ?. It' jus th wa al peopl tal, nothin coul eve g wron wit tha.

I' awar o th argumen, that' wh I wrot thi i th O:

You could say folks just shorten the brand name for ease.. Like, instead of saying "I like the Beatles", you might say "I like the Beatle"

edit on 11-5-2018 by Pearj because: all my ex's live in Texas - that's why I hang my hat in Tennessee.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Yeah it's so odd to call it Cliff notes when it has an actual cliff on the front.

Enjoy fantasy land.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Oh, I see what you mean... Everyone ignores the GIANT BOLD BRAND NAME - preferring to interpret the pretty mountains instead.. all as "Cliff" oddly.

Ok man! See ya in the next thread!

-----

Same as Half Mask - I got to see Half Mask when I was younger - and everyone I know calls it Half Mask.

You interpret it as Half Mask too right?

We're all going to need to stay on the same page if we're to start calling things by the art on the cover - or things will be crazy like that album Prism With Colors On Black.

Just showing the error in your logic of 'pretty mountain interpretation' in a friendly way, no harm intended.

edit on 11-5-2018 by Pearj because: hey man, you can't hump a jukebox.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

"They are working hard to create an image for you.. ..that all Effected people believe themselves to be special, that Effected people think they could never be wrong, that Effected people don't know logos change and don't understand misheard lyrics. They want you to believe Effected people don't understand how memory works."

Not sure about the "working hard" bit but I like the way that you lump in people who disagree with you as being "them".

Other than that, yes, just about sums up "The Effected" and ME.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

This # freaks me out, just like Berenstein Bears. It was Cliff notes, not the other way around. I heard this stuff started happening after 2012 and something happened and we are on another dimension. I am noticing a lot of little things that have changed, with movie lines and other little things.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

My 17 and my 20 and mu 15 year old kids remember them being called Cliff notes, it was never Cliffs Notes. I asked my husband and he said Cliff notes. Why are some not realizing something happened and others are like no it didn't happen?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: liliththedestroyer

My 17 and my 20 and mu 15 year old kids remember them being called Cliff notes, it was never Cliffs Notes. I asked my husband and he said Cliff notes. Why are some not realizing something happened and others are like no it didn't happen?

Because I am 40 and they have always been CALLED Cliff Notes but they have always actually been Cliff's Notes. I remember thinking how funny it was they started putting a Cliff on the cover because everyone said the name wrong.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: liliththedestroyer

I'm not sure why some don't see it - some of the changes stand out big time, they'd have to see it. I think some folks aren't that observant, and some folks won't trust their knowledge when the alternative is a change to reality. That's understandable - the attitude is not.

It's possible they truly don't have the same history..

I'm looking into two theories now that don't involve merging timelines or dimensions (although quantum science proves those are valid as theories). I may make a thread on one of the 'non-dimensional' theories tomorrow.

It is freaky but it gets easier. There are tons of things that have changed; it's likely to continue (may eventually affect the currently uneffected). You've probably noticed synchronicities - things like 11:11 and 1:11 (repeating numbers when you look at the clock), etc. Most synchronicities only relate to the individual so I can't give more examples. Also, I've noticed people seem quicker to anger and the happenings of the world seem darker.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
It is freaky but it gets easier.

Yes. But i don't want you to lose your mind over some pop lyrics or movie quotes and the like. It can be disturbing, but in the end, it is not worth it. I am telling you because i almost lost my sanity when this ME thing popped up.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

No affected persons I know are freaking out in ways they can't handle - you handled it - that may be different for Naysayers.

Do you think the Mandela Effect is real?

In other words, do you think the quote "Luke I am your father" (or any ME example) was the way it was?

Or, do you think ultimately memory is to blame?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

"Luke, I am your father" does not make sense in the context of the exchange between Luke and Vader. Luke tells Vader that Obi-wan told him that he (Vader) had killed his father to which Vader replies, correcting him, "No, I am your father".

"Luke, I am your father" is better as a stand alone line so it gets put on tee shirts etc but it never was a stand alone line.

Here is an article that explains how "famous quotes" from Star Wars, including this one, were never actually said:

3 Famous Star Wars Quotes That Were Never Said

Like everyone thinks Bogart said "Play it again, Sam" in Casablanca when he didn't. Things get misquoted in popular culture and become tropes.

Now, if anyone remembered something significant changing, like Germany winning WW2 or whatever things might be different.....
edit on 16-5-2018 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Repeat for the cheap seats.. lol

We all already know about misquotes, misheard lyrics, logos changing.. etc etc.

Those affected by the Mandela Effect know our knowledge is not based on a misquote, misheard lyric, etc - and we know you disagree with that.

You gotta get up to speed man.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

No need to type in bold, I am not deaf.

I see that your mind is closed to reason.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Are italics ok?

Just because people don't feel the way you do doesn't mean their "minds are closed to reason".. So your the "Mind Judge" - and your mind is the standard to judge all other minds off of? I bet that's convenient.

It wouldn't be fair for me to say you are incapable of understanding complex thought would it?

You wouldn't like Albert - he looked way past the simplest explanation.

I've already looked into the simplest explanations and found them lacking for reason I've explained many times - bold isn't because you're deaf, it's because you weren't listening.

Funny... we both see each other as having closed minds.

I bet one of us is right.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Sometimes simple explanations are the right ones. You seem to wave them away because you and the "Effected" just "know" that they are right.

I set some out for you above but instead of entering into a rational debate about that you completely ignore what I actually said and instead make sarky comments about Einstein and accuse me of being "incapable of understanding complex thought".

On topic, do you have anything useful to say about the point I made about the "No, I am your father" thing? Rather than discussing me, which is against T& C's and is off topic?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

You don't like it when I don't respond to you, then you don't like it when I do.

I was responding to you discussing me - and wasn't insulting at all - stop with the games please.

I already responded to your Star Wars quote question:

Repeat for the cheap seats.. lol

We all already know about misquotes, misheard lyrics, logos changing.. etc etc.

Those affected by the Mandela Effect know our knowledge is not based on a misquote, misheard lyric, etc - and we know you disagree with that.

You gotta get up to speed man.

That's a double-repeat on the same page even.

For real - what else do you want me to say?..

..I guess I don't know what you're missing, so you'll have to help me to help you.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Enough.

Please return to the topic of the thread and not each other.

Discussing each other is OFF TOPIC. So stop it.

Either discuss the subject, or find a different thread that interests you.

No one is required to respond to anyone else within a thread. No one, who is NOT staff is allowed to dictate who can or can not respond in a thread. Harassing someone for a response will result in staff action.

As always: Do not reply to this post.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Finspiracy
Do you think the Mandela Effect is real?

In other words, do you think the quote "Luke I am your father" (or any ME example) was the way it was?

Or, do you think ultimately memory is to blame?

I believe that the Mandela effect is very real. But "Luke, i am your father" was about marketing. "No, i am your father" would have made no sense in t-shirts and such. I also believe that sometimes, memory is to blame, but that would indicate people remembering whatever their brains make them remember, not exactly the same way "wrong"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join