It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bloody Gina" Confirmation Hearing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com... /ad746fb8-5323-11e8-abd8-265bd07a9859_story.html?utm_term=.749035d31110

Gina Haspel told members of the Senate Intelligence Committee on Wednesday that she “will not restart” the CIA’s brutal interrogation program if confirmed to lead the agency, and that she would obey her moral compass, not President Trump, if she is ever instructed to carry out other questionable activities.

“We’re not getting back into that business,” Haspel said. “I would not restart, under any circumstances, an interrogation program at CIA.”

“My moral compass is strong,” Haspel said, as the committee’s top Democrat, Sen. Mark R. Warner (Va.), pressed her to define “your moral code.”

“I would not allow CIA to undertake activity that is immoral, even if it is technically legal. I would absolutely not permit it,” Haspel continued. “I believe CIA must undertake activities that are consistent with American values.”

The hearing has already been disrupted by a couple of members of the audience, one of whom shouted "Bloody Gina!" at the nominee.

Satire:

edit on Wed May 9 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I wonder if her moral compass points in the direction of the WH?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

“I would not allow CIA to undertake activity that is immoral, even if it is technically legal. I would absolutely not permit it,” Haspel continued. “I believe CIA must undertake activities that are consistent with American values.”

Don't know if she is being truthful or not, but I like that sentiment.

Just because something is legal, does not mean it is right.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I like that name Blloody Gina or I called her the "Lady of Darkness"

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This goes to another question: Why do we as a country keep putting people that could be tried for war crimes in positions of power and we put them on pedestals. And we respect them? I keep coming back that we as American's are morally corrupt. That we let Henry kissenger's, Dick Cheney's run amuck.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I had to search her because I didn't know the background story, interesting she went to high school in the UK, I wonder what her links are over here.
I don't believe she'll stop torture though, it's not like she's on the front line keeping an eye on things, she's got form for it, and shadyness at those levels of security ain't gonna stop any time soon in my opinion.
edit on 9-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: typo

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
there are "secret" prisons that started under Bush, went through Obama, and i am guessing are still going on under Trump. Will Potter gives a decent Ted talk on them. I say decent, because he could not say that Obama was part of the secret prisons. Potter specifically says about Bush, but then couldn't bring himself to name Obama, he just used the word government. It's kind of funny, the i am a journalist, but i cannot say the name "Obama" in vein.

Since there are "secret" prisons, can you really trust anyone?

+3 more 
posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
She's CIA. I have no reason to believe a word that comes out of her mouth.

Or that her name is even Gina.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
This goes to another question: Why do we as a country keep putting people that could be tried for war crimes in positions of power and we put them on pedestals. And we respect them? I keep coming back that we as American's are morally corrupt. That we let Henry kissenger's, Dick Cheney's run amuck.

And now we have Bolton in the WH as NSA...what could possibly go wrong? Gina is just telling them what they want to hear.

Trump will have his war with her blessings.
edit on 9-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The CIA has always been a questionable, secretive group. The common American has no clue what they do, nor are we supposed to. As to what the CIA engages in, many have alluded to over the years, but little confirmation is ever given.

As far as the moral compasses of Americans... Well, we do what any people or individual would do to survive and put food in our bellies and have a place to sleep at night. Not everyone is honest about it, and that is true in any part of the world you go to. Every country has its idiots and geniuses.

You can't compare the CIA, or even a government with its people, as not 100% of the people are in line with said government. Some people don't even want government, they just want to see the world burn.

It's a bit altruistic to believe that these intel and clandestine groups have the best interests and keep the secretive ones trying to destroy a country in line, under wraps, and in prison.

However, that is the illusion that every citizen is blindly expected to believe about these groups, country and world over.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

you mean the Neocons will have their war. Remember a week before the alleged gas attack Trump was talking about pulling away from Syria, There was no way the Neocons would let that happen.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

And now we have Bolton in the WH as NSA...what could possibly go wrong? Gina is just telling them what they want to hear.

What war is Trump wanting, exactly?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

originally posted by: olaru12

What war is Trump wanting, exactly?

Iran, with Israel as the proxy startup country that will bring in the US military soon as the propaganda machine convinces the American people it's patriotic enough. Remember Iraq/Afghanistan?

That 37billion in military aid to Israel needs to be used.

www.usatoday.com...

It's an established pattern with Bolton as the NSA.... You don't see it?
edit on 9-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I think our adversaries are going to be scared straight. We will have a Secretary of Defense named Mad Dog and a head of the CIA named Bloody Gina. What's next, the head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff going to be called Butcher? Psychological Warfare baby!

Also couldn't calling a woman Bloody Gina be considered a tad sexist?
edit on 9-5-2018 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

After years and decades of having the Teletubbies dictate foreign policy and Washington leadership, maybe we need a few nasty people.

It's not like things have been going great with the "My pretty pony" ideology.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Who was incorporating the "My pretty pony" ideology?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

Also couldn't calling a woman Bloody Gina be considered a tad sexist?

Very sexist and very Trumpian. It shows how his malign influence has spread even to his enemies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join