It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stormy Daniels' lawyer: Cohen was paid $500K by Putin-tied company after election

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Grambler

I guess no one wishes to acknowledge this.

Ain't that the snip???? I laughed my ass off when he asked the question! I knew damn well no one would honestly answer it who was opposed to Trump!

Maybe I shouldn't have let them know it was a TRAP?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: theantediluvian

and just where did stormy's lawyer get this information from?

Mueller needed someone "impartial" on his team?

Leaking info from a criminal investigation for use in a civil litigation is problematic.

I think you were looking for the term profitable.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: theantediluvian

and just where did stormy's lawyer get this information from?

Mueller needed someone "impartial" on his team?

Leaking info from a criminal investigation for use in a civil litigation is problematic.

Jesus H Christ! You honestly think that anyone is following the rule of law?

I'm surprised that the leftists haven't found a ####ing tree and gotten a noose ready.

There is no "rule of law". It's get Trump. It doesn't even have to be factual, authentic, legal, honest or real.

I remember a while back a member said that it'd be good to make up stuff just to get rid of Trump. Seems that member was prophetic.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well since people are just going to ignore my other posts, I guess I will make another poiint.

Again, I dont mind Cohen being investigated for this, I want all corruption, no matter what side does it, to face justice and end.

Now a couple of points.

First, here is an article from a little while ago saying Vekelsberg h(the russian oligarch from the OP) as been questioned by Mueller.

Viktor Vekselberg, chairman of asset manager Renova Group, is an oligarch close to Vladimir Putin, and last month the Trump administration placed him on a list of sanctioned Russians for activities including election interference.

www.cnn.com...

Notice that it says the Trump admin has named and sanctioned this man.

Now why would Trump do that if he is secretly colluding with him?

The other point I will make comes from this NBC article.

Avenatti said his investigation uncovered eight transactions between January and August 2017, totaling half a million dollars, from U.S.-based Columbus Nova, which he said is controlled by Russian billionaire Viktor Vekselberg and his cousin Andrew Intrater

In a statement, an attorney for Columbus Nova said the management firm is owned and controlled by Americans, not Vekselberg.

"After the inauguration, the firm hired Michael Cohen as a business consultant regarding potential sources of capital and potential investments in real estate and other ventures," the statement said.

"Reports today that Viktor Vekselberg used Columbus Nova as a conduit for payments to Michael Cohen are false. The claim that Viktor Vekselberg was involved or provided any funding for Columbus Nova's engagement of Michael Cohen is patently untrue.

"Neither Viktor Vekselberg nor anyone else other than Columbus Nova's owners, were involved in the decision to hire Cohen or provided funding for his engagement."

www.nbcnews.com...

Now this article also says that there is evidence that this may not be true, and Vekselberg may in fact be running Columbus Nova.

But there is at least doubt, and Nova is registered as an American company.

So in effect, this would be like a democrat accepting money from a american group that was mostly funded by Soros, a foriegn oligarch, which happens quite often.

At the very least, this is way less cut and dry than Bill clinton meeting with Putin in sercet, then being given half a million dollars by a russian bank, but as we have already seen, the anti trumpers dont want to discuss that, cause only trumps crimes matter.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
First of all, I want to know where this idiot lawyer-wanna-be got access to Cohen's bank records. Those are private. They have to be subpoenaed, and just like a search warrant, that subpoena can only include information directly related to the crime(s) Cohen is being investigated for. No bank will send a full accounting of bank records to anyone except the client.

Second, and related, the records may have been stored on one of the computers the SDNY raided... which last I heard had not been released to anyone yet. So how was some of that information released to a civil lawyer?

So if the fool actually has Cohen's bank records, he either got them through a serious leak or stole them himself... either way, he is guilty of violating Cohen's civil rights and any information obtained is inadmissible in any court whatsoever.

Unless he comes up with a damn good, and I mean a seriously damn good explanation of how he got hold of private, confidential information he is not legally entitled to have in his possession, he is already disbarred... just waiting on the ink on the paperwork to dry.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It's not just Avenatti.

Financial records reviewed by The New York Times show that Mr. Cohen, President Trump’s personal lawyer and longtime fixer, used the shell company, Essential Consultants L.L.C., for an array of business activities that went far beyond what was publicly known. Transactions adding up to at least $4.4 million flowed through Essential Consultants starting shortly before Mr. Trump was elected president and continuing to this January, the records show.

www.nytimes.com...

link   
I don't get how Stormy Daniels' lawyer knows about this stuff. However, if it turns out to be true it looks like treason.

Just imagine what sort of stuff would come up if he were to release his tax records and all his international dealings? This must never be allowed to happen again.

I would like a new bill proposed -- FTA (Full Transparency Act). I believe every president or any high ranking official that stands to profit from their position in any way should disclose all their taxes and investments before they are allowed to take office. No excuses.

No transparency - no job.

link   
I think it's just fake news its just some stuff the guy tweeted after all

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Well since people are just going to ignore my other posts

Remember the first rule of the Progressive Liberals
You have to ignore facts , logic , and truth.
Seriously . I was there once upon a time.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Ok so I will ask again.

Someone close to a politician recieving half a million from russians is treason.

Thats the standard, right?

And what is the penalty for treason?

Are we now calling for the execution of anyone close to a politician that receives large sums of money from russians?

I just want to get you on the record.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Someone close to a politician recieving half a million from russians is treason.

Could be money laundering, no? Isn't that something that Cohen could be being investigated for?
Does money laundering = treason?

Perhaps this has something to do with Mueller's referral.

edit on 5/8/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Could be money laundering, no? Isn't that something that Cohen could be being investigated for?
Does money laundering = treason?

I dont mind the investigation.

I just want to get people on record.

So I am sure you would support a full investigation equal to the one on cohen for anyone like him that was connected to a campaign and received half a million dollars from russians

Thats good to know!

And I am sure that you would be concerned if in fact investigations of people we know did this were not taking place with the same veracity.

After all, you would want to end any crimes, no matter who committs them.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That just makes it worse. If Avenatti provided a copy to the Times, he's gone. That's a serious felony, even if he had a reason to have them (which I seriously doubt he could have since his case is civil).

Publishing them is also a felony.

Ever wonder why banks want to see ID before providing a copy of your records?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Publishing them is also a felony.

Then I guess we can expect to see criminal indictments, forthwith.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I was just pointing out a flaw in your straw man argument.

edit on 5/8/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If the law means anything, I'm sure we will.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Kharron

Ok so I will ask again.

Thats the standard, right?

And what is the penalty for treason?

Are we now calling for the execution of anyone close to a politician that receives large sums of money from russians?

I just want to get you on the record.

Bill Clinton got 500k for a speech after the U-1 deal from russia.

No biggie then, no biggie now.

Oh wait, Hillary was SoS at the time.

So it's all good, right?

edit on 5 8 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

If your assumptions are correct, we should.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I was just pointing out a flaw in your argument.

It wasnt an argument, iI was repeating what the user said.

And there was no flaw.

Again I notice you avoid directly answering.

Seeing as how you are concerned this is money laundering and seem to support investigating it (which I do as well)

I am asking you:

Would you like to see an investigation of equal veracity to anyone in similar circumstances connected to a politician who recieved half a million dollars from russians?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Rut Roh

Daniels' lawyer: Cohen got $500K from Russian oligarch Viktor Vekselberg

In a statement, an attorney for Columbus Nova said the management firm is owned and controlled by Americans, not Vekselberg.

"After the inauguration, the firm hired Michael Cohen as a business consultant regarding potential sources of capital and potential investments in real estate and other ventures," the statement said.

"Reports today that Viktor Vekselberg used Columbus Nova as a conduit for payments to Michael Cohen are false. The claim that Viktor Vekselberg was involved or provided any funding for Columbus Nova's engagement of Michael Cohen is patently untrue.

"Neither Viktor Vekselberg nor anyone else other than Columbus Nova's owners, were involved in the decision to hire Cohen or provided funding for his engagement."

click link for NBC article...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join