It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighbours...family...and B list stars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter
Another cool story, brilliant!!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy
It´s a short one but it made my day. Oh I forgot to post a link, there has been plenty of articles about the renaming:

www.bz-berlin.de...

At the same time there was a tunnel to be finished that runs under the city, many people also voted for it being named "Bud Spencer Tunnel" but now it´s called "Unicorn tunnel" because it took so long to make it finally happen. Instead he got the public pool renamed, wich is also a honor.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

PMSL and thank you google for the translation!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Thanks, you know the person who thinks it's fun to make fun of others to get a laugh, I'm the guy who cracks on them, and get more laughs .
And of course I am able to make fun of myself too ....sometimes that's when I'm at my funniest.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
When I was 21 we use to go to a club in Baltimore, in the summer they held a miss Venus swimsuit contest every Saturday night.
Once while we were there my friend said, I think that is Reggie Branch, I don't watch football so I didn't know who he was.
I said who is that and my friend told me that he was on the Washington Redskins, I said that's cool, he and a couple guys were at the table next to us and we were having a lot of fun , laughing and being funny .
Reggie actually said ....you guys are more fun than my boys over here, my friend was a little star struck but I said come on over and party with us.
So he came over to our table and we poured him a drink and had a good time because he just acted like a regular guy and then he bought the next several rounds of drinks .
That was a fun night and I got to see a Superbowl ring.....that thing was huge.
We treated him like a regular guy and he acted like one , turned out to be a good time.
edit on 8060000005 by JHumm because: Add content

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Another cool story

I've had a pint with Michael Eavis the guy who owns the farm that Glastonbury music festival is hosted on....he's down to earth and pretty cool.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Limited celeb experience myself. I used to live in the same (tiny village) as someone who was in a
"comedy" double act. For anonymities sakes, lets call them "Flannon and Mall". "Flannon" (the one who lived there) once did an interview saying he moved to such a little place for the social life and interaction - and yet not once did i ever see him mingle with us locals, and nor did anyone else. And we would have known - it was the type of tiny place that you couldn't turn over in bed without someone noticing and commenting. I think he still lives there now though so he may have actually spoken to someone by now....

Anyway, i will bite - when you say B list celeb, is that genuine B list celeb? As in actor / pop star not quite at he top anymore but still "box office". Or is it a modern b list star - as in they are on TOWIE or similar?
edit on 9-5-2018 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
Anyway, i will bite - when you say B list celeb, is that genuine B list celeb? As in actor / pop star not quite at he top anymore but still "box office". Or is it a modern b list star - as in they are on TOWIE or similar?

Modern B list star, on TV regularly and slutting herself out in the tabloids. I can't stand the bint, cheeky cow told me I should paint my house because it looked unsightly, I told her I was actually planning to do it in the next few weeks but since she so rudely asked she can go # herself and I ain't doing it until next year now on principle.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Neighbours - I spoke to old smoking cigar man across the street, turns out he was originally a hair stylist then got into steel fixing, mad change of trade lol.
Family - Son burst into my place all excited showing me a load of tools he'd bought for work, he laughed that growing up is just better toys.
B list celebs - Saw her on a TV advert earlier, chuckled at how fake the ad industry is.

I think I said earlier I'm not really sure about the concept of this thread but if you wanna share your random human story please do, it's real life, better than any soap opera...which I don't watch for the record!

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Haha update, the 'celeb' neighbour who I see on TV is shagging my son's mate who is a fairly successful UK sports star. I'd probably get a few bucks sharing the story with the Daily Mail or something but that isn't how I roll. I may think she is a lame publicity whore but I respect people having a private life.
Funny though, acts like she's all top of the range on TV and the tabloids but she's no better than me, just I paid for my place through construction work...why are there no construction worker award shows on the telly lol?

<< 1   >>

join