It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams and Subliminal mind Expression

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
What is reality? How many Cultures believe what we see is real, and how much of it is a dream created within the subconscious mind?

I'd like to explore a little so those interested, please feel free to explore our reality and share your ideas, experiences and beliefs.

Lets start with this -

Solipsism (/ˈsɒlɪpsɪzəm/ (About this sound listen); from Latin solus, meaning 'alone', and ipse, meaning 'self')[1] is the philosophical idea that only one's own mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist outside the mind.

Gnostics

Dream interpretation and or analysis is a science that is thousands of years old. In ancient Egypt, Greece and other cultures, dreams were considered as a type of divine communication, and the people who interpreted them were said to have supernatural powers.

The Maori say - Ko moe moemoea anake taata. Humanity is asleep only dreaming.

“Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” - dreams_and_nighmaresCarl Jung

To modern day explanation -

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Everything we perceive with our eyes is merely electrical signals interpreted by our brains, Atoms are 99.99999% empty space and the Matrix is real

PERCEPTION-IS-NOT-REALITY

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darklyilluminated

Everything we perceive with our eyes is merely electrical signals interpreted by our brains, Atoms are 99.99999% empty space and the Matrix is real

PERCEPTION-IS-NOT-REALITY

I couldn't agree more.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I follow this line of reasoning:

Gnostics

Dream interpretation and or analysis is a science that is thousands of years old. In ancient Egypt, Greece and other cultures, dreams were considered as a type of divine communication, and the people who interpreted them were said to have supernatural powers.

i'm in this camp, except for the tail-end thought... that dream interpreters have super-natural powers--- that's hogwash

interpreting dreams is a revealing to the dreamer from an outsider... the interpreter must determine what/whom the dream is for/about....

very - very Rarely is there a Need for a Dream Interpreter like the Biblical Daniel for the King Nebuchadnezzar

most livid or coded Dreams are concerning the Dreamer's health or a pressing lifestyle situation

Dreams for the most part are tools for survival/ insights to sustain Ones stay here on Earth and those primal issues are often jumbled with the complex and abstract factors of modern life/civilization

a long 50 years ago I was considered the Commune's Seer/Shaman & warned our Commune members of much that happened since '95 & the OK City bombing/WTC/rise of the 'Left' into a 4th Reich/floods of immigrations to western Europe and Usa / the 70th anniversary of Israel...then eschatology=history foretold

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Ok nice, thank you for that.

I agree on the dream interpretation. I believe the 'dreamer' should be the one interpreting his own dreams. I do.

Others can add to the experience, but you don't have to agree with them, right? Take what you need and throw back what you don't need.

edit on 8-5-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What i've noticed over time here, is that the Dreams & Predictions forum is one of the most unpopular forums here. So I'm not expecting much response.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
From my shamanic travels, exercises and pharmacopoeia, it has been revealed that there are many "matrix" manifestations of reality.

Exploration into these realms of alternate existence can lead to enlightenment or madness. A path best left untraveled unless prepared to answer THE question. Is your Faith strong enough?

edit on 8-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
From my shamanic travels, exercises and pharmacopoeia, it has been revealed that there are many "matrix" manifestations of reality.

Exploration into these realms of alternate existence can lead to enlightenment or madness. A path best left untraveled unless prepared to answer THE question. Is your Faith strong enough?

I believe there are, yes. Madness is a state of mind, one I am convinced is the result of our World. I don't think it's so much a matter of faith as it is a matter of ones inner knowledge and acceptance. And without those, there is no limit. Everything goes.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

I believe there are, yes. Madness is a state of mind, one I am convinced is the result of our World. I don't think it's so much a matter of faith as it is a matter of ones inner knowledge and acceptance. And without those, there is no limit. Everything goes.

Normal doesn't exist and sometimes it you are dense enough the dreams just give you Cliff notes instead of metaphors lol

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mazamure

The entire Planet is Dense as far as i'm concerned.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I give up

The End.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Knowledge.....

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

What i've noticed over time here, is that the Dreams & Predictions forum is one of the most unpopular forums here. So I'm not expecting much response.

well, you did set up a marker-sign for others in the days to come... If anyone will actually go on a 'quest' for such knowledge---

I see the average person as wrapped up in their cyber entertainment/digital-world-scapes to 'waste time' on a much maligned or irrelevant subject (dream time) at this stage in history unfolding...
back in the new age & hippy days, there was a small revival & interest for a couple years but the technocrats swept in and presented the counter-culture with such stuff as 'remote viewing' to veer the minds away from such esoteric and arcane mind stuff...

here's one for you.... 3 nights ago during a typical predrestrian type dream...i suddenly came upon an oversized poster of a stylized coiled Rattlesnake... it took me a few seconds to realize the hissing Rattlesnake was the historical emblem of the Revolutionary war era flag that proclaimed Don't Tread On Me... that is when i woke up ending the dreamscape...but the image lingers in my thoughts, like i say -> 3 days later

good to know of a fellow traveler is here at the ATS forums

remove extra R

edit on th31152597308110242018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I'm so glad you like bananas so do i.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

well, you did set up a marker-sign for others in the days to come... If anyone will actually go on a 'quest' for such knowledge---

I see the average person as wrapped up in their cyber entertainment/digital-world-scapes to 'waste time' on a much maligned or irrelevant subject (dream time) at this stage in history unfolding...
back in the new age & hippy days, there was a small revival & interest for a couple years but the technocrats swept in and presented the counter-culture with such stuff as 'remote viewing' to veer the minds away from such esoteric and arcane mind stuff...

here's one for you.... 3 nights ago during a typical predrestrian type dream...i suddenly came upon an oversized poster of a stylized coiled Rattlesnake... it took me a few seconds to realize the hissing Rattlesnake was the historical emblem of the Revolutionary war era flag that proclaimed Don't Tread On Me... that is when i woke up ending the dreamscape...but the image lingers in my thoughts, like i say -> 3 days later

good to know of a fellow traveler is here at the ATS forums

Thank you for your response. Quite right, there are a good lot of people who'd rather think about fruit than they would about intellectual ideas.

Rarely does a day pass that I don't have/remember detailed dreams during my rem state. Your rattlesnake dream is interesting, I've had atleast 3 of those, always to do with opening the chakras. I liked your take on it.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Been wondering about reality for a long time myself. This world is such a crazy place I hope there is something more to all this.

top topics

join