It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest CNN Poll: 57% Of Americans Believe Country Doing Well, Better Than Obama's 8 Years

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I know. Some drink Dutch Brothers instead of Starbucks and wear berets instead of man-buns.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Some of it I think has to do with how the right-wing echo chamber has stopping faking alarm over things like the economy.

Case in point: yesterday, DBCowby authored a thread about how the unemployment numbers are bull#. This is something you don't hear from Trump supporters typically which is surprising because the unemployment figure that is being touted by this administration (U3) is the same that was constantly called "fake" when Obama was in office to dismiss the drop in unemployment. Try Googling ATS for "real unemployment" (site:www.abovetopsecret.com +"real unemployment") and you'll find years of right-wingers complaining that the employment situation was really much worse than the Obama admin (actually the BLS but whatever) was letting on.

This one is great because it has a quote from Trump himself:

Trump puts true US unemployment rate at 20 percent

Presumptive US Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has challenged President Barack Obama’s claim regarding the country’s unemployment rate of five percent. "We have tremendous deficits. Don't believe the 5 percent. The real [unemployment] number is 20 percent," Trump said

Go ahead and take a peek. When Obama left office, the U3 figure was 4.8% and dropping. When he entered office it was 7.8% and rising (it peaked at 10% at the height of the GR). It now stands at 3.9% and all of a sudden the U3 figure is fine with the same people who were claiming that same figure at 5% was masking 20%+ unemployment... and the destruction of America.

There's been an additional .9% drop in unemployment in a continuing trend and Trump and his supporters are acting like he saved us from the brink of destruction and somehow turned things around. If looking at the EXACT same figure and concluding that it means completely different things depending on who was President isn't cognitive dissonance, I don't know what it is.

When was the last time you heard a Trump supporter freaking out over deficit spending and the national debt? Years of Chicken Little conservatives running around screeching about how the sky was falling.

The Republicans cut taxes. Trump has promised a big fat trillion dollar infrastructure plan. We're dumping billions and billions into the military industrial complex. This idiot's blabbering about a "Space Force." Meanwhile, the Treasury borrowed $488 billion in the first quarter of this year.

That's the most since 2008.

Throughout the Obama administration the national debt hung heavy in the right-wing echo chamber, like a choking cloud of deadly gas that was killing America... thanks to Obama the Destroyer of America. Now? What debt? What deficit? What are these strange D words? Oh wait, I have another one: dissonance as in cognitive dissonance.

Or maybe we should talk about "Draining the Swamp" and how that's *actually* working out?

This is better, 90's.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Ya. Turns out there was some bite to that one.

Nah.

Not saying there was collusion

Oh really? Because the left wing media goes on and on about it as if it's a stated fact, which is why I even bothered to quote your ridiculous post saying "the media cannot throw around accusations..."

but people around him sure put themselves in precarious positions that made it perfectly reasonable to question what the hell they were doing.

You must mean Uranium one? But I'm sure you're going to come up with a reason why that is not collusion.

That is why were are in the position we are in today.

Nah.
We are in this position because the left is pathetic and a bunch of sore losers.

^ Pathetic left losing after this ^, is why we're where we're at today.

I can't decide who is the bigger hypocrite in this case. The left's talking heads after the election, or you saying "the media cannot throw around accusations...". Just lol.
edit on 9-5-2018 by 1337Kph because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Has anyone been watching primary candidate adds? Swamp is in full swing. Republican adds are a hoot with the bigger than ever noise about patriots, "hard" conservatives, ect. Pot bellied compromised asses having photo ups going "duck" hunting ect, walking around the "plant" as if they are in contact with the working man an industry.

Trump hasn't really effected my day to day from the last year of Obama. The tide of things that swept republicans into office over the last few are really still outstanding. We are trading domestic promises made for some foreign policy side shows ect.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So what's not to like? His hair? His twitter? 

Sounds to me that he's doing okay on foreign policy also. 

Don't really care about his hair, a lot of sht that he tweets yes???.. Foreign policy?? right now, I only see the "potential" an improvement with the situation in NK, which for me is a big fkg deal , as FAM and friends live within the a blast zone or at least fall out.

But TTP he is gonna walk back on his promise.
He is selling off our national parks to his friends for drilling and strip mining,
BTW " they" said it was impossible to leak?? Well "they" lied.
Keystone Pipeline Spills 200,000 Gallons of Oil
relay.nationalgeographic.com...

The only policy he gleefully continues that started under Obama is acting as Saudi Navy in their religious war with Iran Sinni vs Shia we don't need to be apart of any of that, there are quite a few serious objections I have with that dude.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: kurthall

As all of these things were already VASTLY improved under Obama, that is a fact.

You've got strange facts.

2008 (Bush): 5.0
2009 (BO): 7.8
2010: 9.0
2011: 9.1
2012: 8.3
2013: 8.0
2014: 6.6
2015: 5.7
2016: 4.9
2017(Trump): 4.8
2018ytd: 4.1

Can't deny Obama inherited a pile of steaming poop that helped tank his numbers, but not a single one of those figures was VASTLY improved over... Well, whatever you were attempting to compare it to.

Do you not consider a drop from 9.1 at it's high to 4.9 at it's low when he left office to be a significant improvement?

His numbers are NOT RIGHT....he also provided NO LINK....when Bush left office Unemployment was NOT 5.0 its was 7.8 and CLIMBING!

here is a LINK>.....historyinpieces.com...

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

CNN is trying their level best to keep Americans from seeing how this country is getting better/stronger all the time.

Then why did they release this poll?

Last night, they kept the lid on how serious the New York Attorney General's crimes are, by saying Schneiderman allegedly EMOTIONALLY abused some women. (This was Don Lemon and his panel)

They do not know how serious his "crimes" are. They only know how serious the allegations are.

The media cannot throw around accusations and unproven conspiracy theories as easily as people do anonymously on the internet. They can be held liable for what they say.

If you were held to a similar standard, you would be much more cautious about the nonsense you peddle.

Can anyone say "Q"?

Now they can't? What the hell have they been doing for the last 18 months?

This would be on of the most fact heavy stories they've talked about in months.

Everything they do something Trump is conjecture, accusations and conspiracy theory.

Just today we had Carlos Slim Newspaper peddling lies which they them had to retract.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

Lots of retractions and corrections this month already.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join