It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bitcoin and the U S dollar up cycle just gettin goin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
due to the U. S. taxes for big business

huge drop down to normal.....with the other G-8 countries

so the buy on Bitcoin at the April low is a hold.....that other thread I saw said some fella was all in on Gold....huge mistake

crud man, sell my Silver to Eric I guess this week.....

USD up.....Gold down with Silver in step somewhat with Gold

dang I've been modeling the bond market too.....boy's...sell the metals and buy the crypto coin bitcoin, but at somepoint it should become just like the Nazdac bubble.....

44 years of modeling...it's actionable ladies and gentlemen......the FED is in a bind.......
edit on 7-5-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

oh yeah.....the confirmation is if Bitcoin beats $11,700.....

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Cycles are macro....my favorite.......don't put much to start.....scale in like me....!!

and don't get married to the longside....just a bit.....my buddy sees $74,000 Bitcoin on the next up wave but not me....his log scale is missing so....

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Big on crypto. But cannot follow your rambling. Care to explain anything you’ve said?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Do you follow the PGM's at all?
Platinum and palladium is doing nothing but going up.
Buy some palladium, and do it soon

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: faint1993

awe...nuthin...don't be too big on Crypto....but the us tax rate for big business dropped a 4th........I suppose the US dollar will go up now, I had the cycle ready to buy in April but we see a final market surprise trough everytime so I waited past the late April -May thing went by.......

My USD/JPY thread system cashed in on the fall from 109 to 105.50.......then up again to 109 so.....

as did my Bitcoin ceiling at 11,600 bucks from weeks ago....buyin dips all the way as it went down to 6500 in April

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

yep, mufflers give it a cycle......catalitic converters how do ya spell catalitic anyway

for the best return trade the London open at 2:30 am N.Y. time......till 10 .....London is the bank.....Washington is the Military and Rome is the church

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Bitcoin summed up in one line by Warren Buffet

Billionaire investor Warren Buffett on Monday said buyers of bitcoin, which he has characterized as “rat poison squared,” thrive on the hope they’ll find other people who will pay more for it.

Buffett bashes bitcoin as thriving on mystique, favours stocks

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
ummm, if the Fed going to raise rates?

if not the assumption that gold is going to go down in price I think is wrong, didn't all the stock buy backs stop???

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

if not the assumption that gold is going to go down in price I think is wrong, didn't all the stock buy backs stop???
yes the model has so many inputs.....Bonds are flipped flopped too

my buddy's chart....Robert:pt5af12571.pngpt5af12571.pngpt5af12571.png

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

my buddy's chart....Robert:pt5af12571.pngpt5af12571.pngpt5af12571.png....naw....dang clackity box

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

my buddy's chart....Robert:pt5af12571.pngpt5af12571.pngpt5af12571.png....naw....dang clackity box

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   

my buddy's chart....Robert:pt5af12571.pngpt5af12571.pngpt5af12571.png

Dude - what?!

Your posts in this thread are just gibberish mostly.

I sense a coherent thought is hiding in there somewhere...

Too much bourbon tonight?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Currently in LTC...sold 50% at 180€, will sell another 25% when it hit´s 194€ and rebuy when I see the big ones pushing the prices down in steps.

You just have to watch the big ones and not get too greedy. This way I´m always coming out on top. Just don´t get too greedy and you will buy and sell before the price goes up or down.

Look at the order books and see the patterns
. There are some good bots on github, with a bit programming knowledge and math you can leverage pretty fast with them.

Started with ETH and a couple of cents..
edit on 8-5-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I've been playing the crypto game since 2013. Bitcoin value is in a dangerous bubble for years. It's a payment network with annual mining costs at about 1500$ per active user. It has never been and never will be a currency, because it lacks the mechanism for value stability. It can't function without USD/EUR or any other fiat to give it value. Merchants that "accept bitcoin" don't actually accept bitcoin, but use services like bitpay that convert the bitcoins into fiat right away. Because it's just not possible to do business using a "currency" that lacks value stability. It's just a temporal platform to transfer value between currencies e.g. a payment network.

New and practical solutions have risen from blockchain technology. Solutions that don't try to be a currency, but rather offer people a new form of database technology. Unlike bitcoin, these new projects can have practical use outside of speculation and drug trade. But if bitcoin crashes, then everything attached to the word "blockchain" will suffer. I recommend you to compare crypto trading more to gambling then investing. Very little practical value is created outside of speculative play. It can be fun if you don't get carried away with it, but there will be rivers of tears if you start to see it as an easy shortcut to riches.

I bet that bitcoin will be the funny thing of our current time, that will be laughed over and ridiculed in the future. A bunch of greedy people trying to buy low and sell high, while feeling self-righteous about it like they're rebelling against central-banking. To me, it already is a good joke.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: eitea

It has never been and never will be a currency, because it lacks the mechanism for value stability

Looking at some stuff I buyed from bitcoins tell me that you are wrong. Normal objects you know, not drugs and weapons.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Bitpay or whatever mediatory service sold your bitcoins and paid the merchant in fiat for you. The are virtually no merchants that directly accept bitcoin as a currency of trade except those mediatory services.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

But I can pay with, from my side is does not matter if they use bitpay or similar. I can buy stuff with bitcoins (or ETH or LTC...).

I can also exchange it in seconds to USD or EUR. You are right that most blockchain coins are volatile.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

It does matter if it wants to be called a currency. Otherwise it's just a token without value as a tool of finance and is just a gimmick. The goal of a currency is to help make modern economy happen, without the mechanism of value stability, it just isn't possible. Calling bitcoin a currency is like calling a metal pipe a rocket. Even if it lacks a propulsion device or any aerodynamic properties, it's long and shiny, so it must be a rocket.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Since english is not my first language I rely on dictionaries.

currency [kur-uh n-see, kuhr-]
Examples Word Origin See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com noun, plural currencies.
1. something that is used as a medium of exchange; money.
2. general acceptance; prevalence; vogue.
3. a time or period during which something is widely accepted and circulated.

1. check
2. check
3. check

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

The opted to keep them the same at the last meeting although the long term plan is to raise them which should, if past trends demonstrated, raise the value of real estate/bonds while gold's value, as an investment, decreases.

<<   2 >>

join