It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida man charged with trying to 'barbecue' sex offenders at motel

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Well, they do have the best BBQ down South. I've heard of BBQ snake, turtle, and alligator.

I will pass on the BBQ homo sapiens. I don't care how many good reviews YELP gives it.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

For ribs, I use Killer Hogs BBQ rub...just sayin'

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
IMO He's just as pathetic as the rapists. If they in fact were.
edit on 7-5-2018 by ArchangelOger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

Well, they do have the best BBQ down South. I've heard of BBQ snake, turtle, and alligator.

I will pass on the BBQ homo sapiens. I don't care how many good reviews YELP gives it.

Turtle is actually one of the best things I have ever eaten. Gator is pretty good too.

And I'm with you....no people.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Mark08
a reply to: Cygnis

Usually these types of hotels rent rooms by the week, and a sex offender would be required to list this as his address, which is then published for public record. Im guessing thats hiw he knew this. And some people think they can act out their crazy fantasies is the guise of doing good, like this guy did by playing vigilante. Hes probably the sickest one in this scenario.

Multiple child molesters and HE is the sickest one? WTF?

You must not have children.

There's something wrong with multiple offenders living at the same motel....definitely more to this story.

They've already served their time. Vigilante justice is sick. They were living at the same motel probably because it's the only place they could live to get away from the public witch hunt you admittedly take part in. You don't know what really happened with those guys, and it's not your place to judge them.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

edit on 7/5/2018 by IridiumFlareMadness because: Multiple post

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

link   

link   

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Usually these types of hotels rent rooms by the week, and a sex offender would be required to list this as his address, which is then published for public record. Im guessing thats hiw he knew this. And some people think they can act out their crazy fantasies is the guise of doing good, like this guy did by playing vigilante. Hes probably the sickest one in this scenario.

There's something wrong with multiple offenders living at the same motel....definitely more to this story.

I don't have kids (yet...lol), but the moment I read your above reply, my mind for a fraction of a second thought about how Id feel in that circumstance, having kids to ever go through or even come close to that kind of abuse.

God forbid. The feeling I got was literal, physically nauseatead rage.

Ive always known Id fight for any kid out there that needs help, but the realization I just had took it to a new level of "oh hell no."

Thanks. I can now better direct my energy, if thats a thing.

edit on 582018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I have no words..... this stuff actually happen

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Indeed. There are many questions, and I would like to post, if I may, a handy list of the ones that jump out at me.

a) How did a concentration of child molesters, end up in the same motel, at the same time?

b) Were those individuals under any kind of watch or surveillance at the time?

c) How did the assailant come to know that the targets were in the vicinity?

d) Was the motel being used unofficially or officially as a halfway house, and if so, were services on hand and risk assessments carried out by local authorities, regarding the presence of predators in the area, and the risk that poses to vulnerable people, particularly young families or single parents with children, who might also have been using the motel at the time?

e) If any part of (d) is accurate, who was responsible for placing those individuals there in the first place, rather than ensuring that those individuals were all in separate spots?

f) Who dropped the ball here?

g) Was the presence of these individuals in this motel, in any way related to release programs being run by a jail or prison facility in the state or local area, and if so, why were releases of this particular kind of criminal, timed to put several of them on the street, at one time, in one location?

For one thing, it seems utterly ridiculous to me, to have sexual predators released from jail in number, all into a small geographical area. The whole reason to lock predators up in the first place has NOTHING to do with what crimes they have been convicted of, but EVERYTHING to do with making it physically impossible for them to act against a member of the public. Once a crime of the nature that molesters commit, has already occurred, the amount of justice that can be found in anything short of giving the victim a double bearded war axe, and letting them butcher their attacker, is MINIMAL. Most victims report the only thing about jail terms being handed to their attackers does, is makes the victim feel safer, knowing that the individual who assaulted them cannot reach them, physically get to them again. Letting them out at all, with that in mind, is a clear indication that the prison system is not adapted well to actually protecting the public from criminal predators.

But releasing several people with similarly perverse criminal histories, people with demonstrably incurable sexual deviancy, into such a narrow geographic area, at the same time, and expecting that group of people to go unnoticed and unharmed by local people, is utterly unrealistic.

Something is WELL off here.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Great questions and completely agree. Something is definitely off with the story.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

There are so many restrictions on where they can live that very few places meet the criteria and affordability to those offenders who have served their time. Locations close to schools, churches, libraries, are areas sex offenders cannot live in.

The situation in Florida which is very restrictive is so bad that many offenders live in homeless camps which makes it extremely hard to track them. The weather in Florida is conducive to living outdoors so some offenders relocate there so they do have someplace to live.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Vigilantes are not solving a problem, only creating more. You are worried about your children, keep in mind that most, way more than half of sexual misconduct or molestations occur because the offender was trusted by the parents, was a relative, or a trusted person of authority like priest, teacher, or coach.

You should guard your children from YOURSELF and your own misplaced fears, make sure they know what to do in case something occurs, guard online activities, police their phones and their hangouts. Children have more to fear from poor parenting than from a convicted sex offender.

Not that there is not nothing to fear but plenty of safeguards in place to ensure offenders do not repeat. It is parents trusting of friends or relatives which gives the biggest challenge, not recidivism.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness

They've already served their time.

Consider the way the offender registry works not entirely: it greatly restricts where one can live and go and due to gabbing to announce who and what they are, even when they find a place to live and or work they are often still run out because nobody wants a sex offender around.

Honestly, if a person is enough of a danger to society they need special restriction like that, maybe we should be leaving them in jail.
edit on 5/8/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Sex offenders are required to report their residence to police as well as the community so everyone knows where they are. They must send notices to everyone within a number of miles to that location they are there. They are subject to visits from police but not surveillance as that is not a legal option in this country, but most likely many vigilantes have them in their sights like the BQ guy.

When a location is found that they can live, I am sure word spreads in homeless communities and they move their rather than live in squalid conditions with drug users, etc. Keeping in mind Sex offenders are often professional people with families and sometimes jobs, not likely to want to live in homeless camps.

Offenders are released everyday in communities, some for completion of their sentence and therefore are only bound by the sex offenders register laws. Some are released on parole or probation but offenders are on their own in regards to living arrangements, some of the worst offenders are perhaps placed in halfway housing but rare to find the average offender receiving any placement help as there is no funding and if they are released they have served their time so under no obligation to state controls.

Sex offender registration is a good control measure but community notification is demonstrably as in this case not necessarily good, as it places them in danger, gives reason for them to "disappear" without notification to authorities thus creating more danger to the public. Notification of law enforcement and other institutions like schools should be sufficient to track them, notification of the public only creates individuals in the community taking matters in their own hands and whether they realize it or not, places them in even more danger as they band together to "stop" a menace that is really not one.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I rarely comment but I have some experience in how sex offenders are treated/housed etc. I lived in Oklahoma with a convicted rapist. He stopped registering but then when we were together he got picked up. Long story short he got a retrial and even when he got a retrial they still picked him up for not registering. It's how they harass the everloving crap out of you for one, for two when they require that you show at their parole office on demand and the person is AT WORK it makes life kind of hard. His parole officer was a hardcore female who had it out for men, he told me the things she said and I even got her on the phone once and told her to back off. It was insane.

He had NOTHING to do with kids but they still put the sensor on his penis and answered questions and saw pictures; lo and behold he was attracted to 16-34 year old women! And HE had to pay for the privilege. The questionnaire they had him answer was sick. The people who came up with those questions are the real perverts IMHO. And then take him and put him in classes once a week where he sat listening to REAL chomos messed with his head so he stopped going, lying to me about going. He ended up just taking off again. Who wouldn't?

Anyway we lived in the only real area we could in a small town in Oklahoma which was a small collection of adobe apartments. The guy across from us was a child sex offender and his daughter would drop her kids off there sometimes. He kept his door open for the most part, until the kids came over then he closed it. We couldn't really do or say anything because we already had the law on our ass 24/7 just waiting for him to mess up. He was a good-looking, cocky dude who never got violent unless he got on drugs and didn't do drugs until he was constantly harassed.

About his retrial: he had it scheduled and then the night before his defense attorney got a call that the prosecutors found the chick to testify against him. I didn't believe it, I knew it was a trick - but my ex was scared out of his mind and took a plea deal before the trial even started. He already served time for that rape and he didn't want to go through that all over again.

I looked into the Oklahoma court system a LOT after him telling me how they lost the evidence (paint chips from his vehicle) etc. and found much information about how shady and #ed up the system is and how they have, and STILL DO, railroad people they don't like into cases. The dude who actually did it was already in prison! Now, my ex was NO saint and we broke up a long time ago but he sure did get the treatment, I was there, I lived with him and I KNOW he was totally screwed.

I started to see someone else after meeting him because he had a Jeep for sale along the side of the road. Turned out that he was somewhat sketchy somehow because next thing I know I have Sheriff's deputies coming TO MY JOB to ask me about him and if I knew where he was (after he moved to Florida). I guess he was wanted for murder. Yeah. I left for my home state of Wisconsin shortly thereafter. Nothing looks as good to your boss as a couple of deputies coming around the plant.

I stay FAR away from the South now, and when (if) I do go back it will be to live with my mom in Arkansas, and I will NEVER go out with a man that is'n't an honorable member of the local Moose chapter!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

So, from your read of the situation with regard to the accommodations these individuals were living in, its unlikely that these were locations assigned to them, but more likely just happened to provide the shelter required, at a cost which is at least some kind of affordable?

In that case, I have to ask again, how did the assailant know that these individuals were present, and what they had been convicted of?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Again, Sex Offenders are required by law to provide not only law enforcement where they live, but what they drive, and where they work.

Those locations including names, current pictures, and physical descriptions as well as the offenses they commited are listed on the internet by law so everyone in the community knows they are there.

Those offenders must also notify school districts, libraries, and every household in a certain vicinity which varies depending on state and local requirements by letter and public notices in local papers so the individual in question most likely lived within that area.

I know I am too verbose and my answers are long, sorry, but the information is public knowledge by law which is why I say it is dangerous for everyone, as vigilantes know so offenders are afraid in some cases which means they are less likely sometimes to register, it would be better to notify LE and the public institutions with a need to know to be informed.

Sex offenses cover a lot of ground and does not mean children were involved, it could be something like rape which is bad of course but could also include an 18 or 17 year old who had a relationship with a 16 year old, or it could mean internet offenses as well. The offenses are public knowledge on web sites so the man who wanted to burn people would have known. Innocent people most likely lived and stayed there as well, and the sex offenders who did stay could have left, just a dangerous situation because of a law meant to do well

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Is this not what the list with addresses is for?

It is too bad the list is diluted with many bs convictions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join