It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the problem with nipples?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I was reading a news site earlier. There was an article about 'naked horticulture day' where people just did their gardening with eff all on. So, there were pics of both men and women yet the women's nipples were blurred out by the censors, not the mens though.

So, it's okay to show pictures of people who have been blown up by bombs, it's okay to show people who've been the victim of acid attacks, it's okay to post videos of people having fist fights yet nipples are censored? So then, what's societies issue with women's nipples? Why are they more offensive than the gore we see posted? Genuine question.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 0rbital

You're mostly right,
Breast feeding nipples are acceptable.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

But only if it's a baby feeding on the nipples, and not grown man. That's ageism. Totally agree with OP though.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I think all nipples are acceptable, there is nothing more beautiful than the human body. Blurring them outranks painting fig leaves on paintings and sculptures.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

or context - please link the OP source article [ even just the nation of publication - will give huge clues ]

ome countries have obsenity laws - others just " loose thier minds " when iit comes to sexuality

justt as en example -

2 men :

A - holding hands

B - hugging

C - a kiss on the cheek

in many countryies - its considered just plationic - in the UK - its simply " not done " in the USA - idiots go mental and homophobia kicks in

go figure

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I for one shall not stand for this atrocity of censorship. Give me nipples or give me (how does that saying go again...?!?).....

To Be continued....

Well Done, OP.... Well Done.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Can't now find the exact article but here is something similar www.dailymail.co.uk... though there aren't any nipples blurred out in this one as the chests are all covered up, except for the men.

This is bigger than nipples though (not a sentence I thought I'd be making when I woke this morning
)

It's about my bafflement that a naked human body causes more offense than a mutilated human.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Ironically, a lot of the strongly anti-homosexuality countries like Sudan and Saudi Arabia have very homosexual-seeming traditional norms among the men. I know Sudanese guys who walk around holding hands, and they say that's a sign of close brotherhood. And some of the Saudi guys will literally kiss the other guys on the cheek as greetings.

I know that a lot of countries have the "kiss friends when meeting" norms, but I still only go along w/it when it's a woman. So I was always fascinated that they could claim to be so strongly anti-homosexual yet casually do things that we'd consider "gay" in America. The same goes w/the "dress like" robes called thawbs and izars. No matter what anyone tells me, they're still dresses and skirts to me.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Even strippers wear pasties sometimes

Life don't always have to make sense!

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I personally think they should have blurred the dude's out and let the women's be, no one wants to see a guy's hairy nips.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

1. Is it the same news site showing the gore that refuses to show the nipples? If not, then you can't really compare the "decency" rules from one company to another.

2. Wait a second, who would go gardening while naked? Ewww... I've been doing garden work off & on since Friday and there's no way I'd do that naked. Just today, I mixed by hand around 200 pounds of composted cow manure, compost, potting soil, and insecticides, then used it to top off a lot of totes and buckets. Imagine being on your knees in crap, poison, and dirt; and then imagine doing that naked. Ewww.

I moved a good dozen or so snails, worms, and slugs that were on the bags, totes, and buckets (sparing them before using the pesticides). Now imagine doing that naked. My pants, gloves, & shoes were covered in cow crap and soil, and I know I stepped on some of the snails that I missed. Now imagine doing that barefoot, gloveless, and in your birthday suit.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I personally think they should have blurred the dude's out and let the women's be, no one wants to see a guy's hairy nips.

I am so sick and tired of hearing this!

FINE!

I'll put on a shirt!

HAPPY NOW?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Just pull it down all the way, your boobs look straight outta Nat Geo.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The Dutch like nippels. No blurring. Even the beaches are full of beautiful nippels. I don't understand the world. We are all born naked.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: DBCowboy

Just pull it down all the way, your boobs look straight outta Nat Geo.

I'm having a wet t-shirt show.

Does gravy count?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
When Janet Jackson's big nipple slip happened at the Super Bowl that year (I don't even remember what year it was), we were living in a Central Asian city that had a very large contingent of Europeans. All the kerfuffle in the media about the few fractions of a second that here nipple was exposed was most perplexing to my European friends. I remember some (more than one) bemusing over the fact that on American television it was perfectly acceptable to expose a child to violence of the most egregious nature, but a second of nipple had all the world in an uproar.

Yep.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I can see your point, but the problem is that there is a history of social norms that looks at womens breast as sexual.

I am all for overturning that and having equality, but that comes with other repercussions.

For example, commenting on or touching a mans chest would not be considered sexual assault, but to touch a womans would be.

Its difficult to walk the fine line between wanting total equality between men and women but also understanding that biological difference and some hitsorical norms are unavoidable and will result in some double standards like this issue.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You Nimrods....

You have to PAY for Nipples.
Now You Get It!?!?!?!?!?!?!....
Capitalism.
edit on 7-5-2018 by Pinocchio because: Grand Anatomy Of The Universe...

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0rbital
I was reading a news site earlier. There was an article about 'naked horticulture day' where people just did their gardening with eff all on. So, there were pics of both men and women yet the women's nipples were blurred out by the censors, not the mens though.

The tabloid newspapers have had page 3 glamour models topless for years (dont

know if they still do?) and there was no blurring of nipples there!!

edit on 7-5-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Because nipples send you into a frenzy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join