It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A typical day in Parliament Republic of South Africa

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

For the SA parliament, this is pretty orderly.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

Exactly. Nothing thrown, no fires started.
Nobody riding in on a black stallion either.
Kind of the point to the video if this is business as usual they have immense problems.
edit on 9-5-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
As I've said before, the handwriting is on the wall for white people in South Africa. It's time to pack up and leave.
Yes, I know that they may have been born their as well as their forefathers. But when a political situation becomes unbearable you need to look at your options.

I would move to a country that would appreciate me for who I am, not the color of my skin

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

About 10% of the Whites can't find a job or only very menial work.
They are living in squatter camps.
They can't even get out Johannesburg if they wanted to.
Other countries aren't even taking middle class SA Whites.
They aren't considered to be in need as much as other Africans.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I had a classmate in 6th grade (1983) who's family had immigrated from S.A.

They were very wealthy and got out quickly as soon as the political winds started to change.

Apparently, they got around the banking and financial embargoes in place due to apartheid

by purchasing a multi-million dollar yacht, sailing it to the US and selling it upon arrival.

Take note.

The VERY wealthy got out 35 years ago.

Funny, that's what I was going to do. Buy an 80' sailboat, sail to Perth, then Sydney, then fuji, Hawaii and finally Los Angeles where I would sell. But I waited a little too late, Mandela had gotten out and gone to Russia for more "training" and laser painted missiles for the boat were a little pricey. (Waves at jorrie), really, did they have to be $25k us per launcher? Especially since in 4 years they'd be handed over to psychopaths? (waves at Brazeau) thanks for setting me up to killed, not.

It was a mess down there in 1990. In early 1991 they were marching down the street beside our street, burning fields and houses. Watched it on TV and some video a friend shot with long distance lenses, but I was already back in the great white north. Now our idiot pm is importing the rabble and riff-Raff.

Replace boobs with ignorance and stupid idea and what do you get?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/8.2018 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/8.2018 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

True, that, what you say.

The Boers fought off the British Empire for a time ... they can fight off the locals if they decide too.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

It's quite painful and frustrating to watch SA parliament. The video, as has been pointed out, is quite mellow compared to many others, but you are quite right about the tactics. It's impossible to have a proper debate about any matter in parliament. They think it's a joke, meanwhile these matters change people's lives - usually it end up being for the worse. I have much respect for John Steenhuisen - he has shown time and again that he won't take their BS and apparently has an endless supply of patience.

originally posted by: SR1TX
Why not just leave South Africa all together.

The audacity of British/English to honestly think they had some right to that country is beyond me.

Go home and get over it. It's not yours and no one cares.

I'm always left speechless by this statement. It's one of those facepalm moments.
Asktheanimals already scratched the surface in response here - I'll just add a thought or two (I could actually write pages upon pages in response, but I'll keep it brief)...

You say "the audacity of British/English to honestly think they had some right to that country is beyond me". The same could be said about Afghanistan, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Papua New Guinea, The Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Brunei, Canada, Cyprus, Dominica, Egypt ,Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Ireland, Israel, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Lesotho, Libya, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Myanmar, Nauru, New Zealand, Cook Island, Niue, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Saint Lucia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Namibia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda , United Arab Emirates, United States, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.

Should all colonialists left there by England over the centuries, all return to the tiny island in the North Atlantic?
The same for Dutch, Portuguese, French and Spanish pilgrim and colonial descendants?
Should all white people return to Europe?

Why stop there? Let's send everyone home that was displaced due to the conquerors sent by the The Persian Empire, The Roman Empire, The Caliphate, The Mongol Empire, The Russian Empire, The Qing dynasty, The Pandyan Empire, The Byzantine Empire... Should I go on?

You ask "Why not leave South Africa"? And go where? Where is "home"? Back to England? No? Further back in history? To Germany? Further back to Norway? Who decides how far back in history do we go to find each person's rightful "home"? Here's a twist: If you go back far enough you'll find that Homo Erectus - and even earlier ancestors (Australopithecus africanus) - lived in South Africa. So it can be reasoned that we all came from South Africa if you go back far enough in history. So, I am home. When are you coming home?

You seem to discard the fact that humans have been a migratory species from a very early time. Wars have been fought over land since the beginning of time. People have been traveling and settling around the globe since the beginning of time.

Somewhere in my ancestry some Europeans came to South Africa and settled here. If we got our facts straight I'm a 7th generation born African. To put it in context: The US president is a first generation American on his mother's side, yet he considers himself 100% American. He was born there, i.e. he is an American - and everyone accepts that.
Why should the rules be any different for me or any other South African (white or black)? We've been here for centuries. We ain't going nowhere because this is home.

And on that point: "The left" (the black ruling party and the EFF) would like you to believe that white people stole land - or as you put it "it's not yours". That is simply not accurate...
1. The Khoisan were here first. Black settlers came from Central Africa (or originally North Africa) and arrived in what is now SA, around the same time as white Europeans. Bantu settlers have no more claim to land than European settlers.
2. Only 30% of the land was usable - around 70% of the land area was not inhabited because of the lack of groundwater. It's only because of the use of technology (pumps, pipes, etc.) that people could settle on the unoccupied land.
3. During the Mfecane (under the leadership of Mzilikazi) vast areas of land was left empty as black tribes fled from the murderous Zulu ruler. So when the white Dutch settlers came to these parts in (what is now) central and northern SA, there was no inhabitants. The previous inhabitants only returned to the land after the settlers took a stand against the Zulu invaders. The Settlers were welcomed by the local tribes because the Settlers protected them from the Zulus.
4. Some of the land was sold by the tribal kings - such as the Swazi king - for cattle, modern weapons, etc. to the Settlers. It was legal agreements. If your great-grandfather bought a piece of land from Mr So-and-so 150 years ago, can Mr So-and-so's grand children come back now and say YOU "stole" the land?

Where are YOU going to go when the Native Americans (Indians) tell you, you should "go home" you have no right to be in North America...?

I can assure you that my property IS mine. I signed a contract for it. I pay a hefty percentage of my salary each month so that I can own the deed one day. I am a South African. THIS is my home. It was my father's home. It was his father's home. It was his father's home...
Who cares? I care. So does the almost 5 million other white South Africans (and 5 million colored South Africans). About 5 million people face the possibility of being removed from property they own legally and pay for with their sweat and tears. Not to mention the countless people abroad looking at the situation in SA with the realization that a storm is brewing.
edit on 9/5/2018 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I want to say who cares, they are white people under seige.

Let them come and blow them all away.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: GreenGunther

Exactly. Nothing thrown, no fires started.
Kind of the point to the video if this is business as usual they have immense problems.

You mean 'we' as I'm South African.
Seriously, this is mild, we know politicians in this country don't get anything done, only capitalists put food in people's mouths at the end of the day.

When I was a kid you could watch parliament live on a specific channel. It was always hilarious, have you ever seen the British Parliament? It's even funnier because they were educated in the 1st world and do exactly the same as SA politicians.

It makes no difference, the only people that will ALWAYS lie are weathermen/woman and politicians, fact of life.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

We? Was I mistaken for a South African? If so then thank you very much. I'm American but very interested in your country, it's amazing beauty and complex history. In many ways South Africa is a microcosm of the multicultural experiment going on in the West.

Crowd dynamic is central to politics in South Africa I believe. In that spirit and to add to everyone's understanding of the land appropriation issue I found this video. I'm not positive who the gentleman is speaking, he was an inmate on Robben Island that obviously has an excellent grasp of history. I think he may be Mosiuoa Lekota, he is listed as COPE leader, a South African political party (?). He also openly renounces Jacob Zuma. The crowd dynamic is a problem as it is in their Parliament, much shouting and interjection that disrupts attempts at dialogue. I think he does get the center of the issue regarding who are the real native South Africans.

edit on 9-5-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join