It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How our being here affects others

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Mods if this is in the wrong forum please correct my mistake

So I feel like I have just graduated HS. I have been thinking a lot about how my choices affect others. Every decision that I make will undoubtedly have a negative and positive affect on others. So then I started to think about what I should and should not say/do. I then came to realize that I should say and do what my gut tells me. If I have/ can have a affect on another person be it negative or positive as long as it is not too extreme than maybe a lesson can be learned.
If I were to make a mistake then why should I fray from telling others about that? I will tell my mistakes and hope that down the line those same mistakes will not be made. Stories can change lives rightfully so. So please never be afraid of sharing a mistake with others. It could change a life.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

This is indeed very true and resonates with me completely....

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Darklyilluminated

It is kinda a creepy thing to hit a certain age and then...BAM it hits you. It almost makes me want to have kids but nahhhh

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
If one can learn from another's mistake it keeps one from committing it themselves. Beauty.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Evil governs this world. Re-roll your character and roleplay as lawful-evil if you're a normal citizen.

Every mistake is someone else's, not yours

This will yield the most successful results for good life plan

edit on 7-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What we do, does indeed have an impact on other, be it positive or negative.

Over years, you learn that you are either the guiding light, or the light house. One to lead people with you, or to guide people from danger.

There is a succinct comfort in that. Because ultimately, everyone finds their own truth, but sometimes a lighthouse is needed to stop them from crashing against the same shore over and over. It is not pleasant to be that thing, but when you look back, and see that someone has now found a better route, it helps heal the personal anguish from having been such a thing.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
Mods if this is in the wrong forum please correct my mistake

So I feel like I have just graduated HS. I have been thinking a lot about how my choices affect others. Every decision that I make will undoubtedly have a negative and positive affect on others. So then I started to think about what I should and should not say/do. I then came to realize that I should say and do what my gut tells me. If I have/ can have a affect on another person be it negative or positive as long as it is not too extreme than maybe a lesson can be learned.
If I were to make a mistake then why should I fray from telling others about that? I will tell my mistakes and hope that down the line those same mistakes will not be made. Stories can change lives rightfully so. So please never be afraid of sharing a mistake with others. It could change a life.

Here's my view:
1.Try to help at least one person each day.. no matter how insignificant it may seem.
2. Try and learn 1 new thing each day... no matter how small or insignificant it may be.
3. Don't be too hard on myself when I make mistakes... which I invariably will.

Best,

1St. Responder/EMT

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
We’re all connected and our actions, no matter how small, have consequences.

Everyone's life touches others in positive ways, no matter how seemingly mundane they appear.

Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he? ~ Clarence Oddbody

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Back in 2012 did You think?

A.) This is The End.

B.) This is The Beginning of a New Era.

If You chose B. read further:

www.sunfell.com...

Stay Hydrated...

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Darklyilluminated

It is kinda a creepy thing to hit a certain age and then...BAM it hits you. It almost makes me want to have kids but nahhhh

Having kids clarifies the interconnectedness of us all. It is a lot of work however.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I want kids and a wife but don’t see the world as we know it to be a suitable environment to raise them in. That is not me being all PC just me not wanting my children to have to suffer for our mistakes. If I start to see a change in the way people treated this rock we call home and treat other countries with kindness then I will reconsider. Oh and I love being single

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

a reply to: FyreByrd

I want kids and a wife but don’t see the world as we know it to be a suitable environment to raise them in. That is not me being all PC just me not wanting my children to have to suffer for our mistakes. If I start to see a change in the way people treated this rock we call home and treat other countries with kindness then I will reconsider. Oh and I love being single

I get it and it's a very valid choice. My daughter has made the same choice and is a wonderful member of society.

For myself, nothing motivated more then having a child mirror back all my errors to help me change them.

However the world was a very different place thirty years ago....

new topics

top topics

join