It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are feeling depressed and bored

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
If you are feeling depressed and bored, I highly recommend you visit the Internet Movie Database's (IMDB) bottom 100 rated movies and read through the reviews. It is, of course, a great resource for movies in its own right, but I only just discovered this alternative use for the site and it is great! There really are some gems in there that will leave you feeling humoured.

Here is a a link to IMDB's Bottom 100 rated movies

Click on a movie, read the reviews and have some fun!

edit on 7-5-2018 by Incandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Incandescent
If you are feeling depressed and bored, I highly recommend you visit the Internet Movie Database's (IMDB) bottom 100 rated movies and read through the reviews. It is, of course, a great resource for movies in its own right, but I only just discovered this alternative use for the site and it is great! There really are some gems in there that will leave you feeling humoured.

Here is a a link to IMDB's Bottom 100 rated movies

Click on a movie, read the reviews and have some fun!

I got depressed and bored with IMDB when they removed their forums. But it still is my first place to go for reviews. Never thought of looking at the gongs..

If you're after an alternative that has a lot of the content from their forums migrated over, you can also check out MovieChat, so you too can also gripe about the latest blockbluster. lol

moviechat.org...

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I’m 3 movies in and am almost pissing myself.
I’m sitting in a room full of people and having to stop myself from loling too much.

S&F for you

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
It's Warm. Turn off the damn TV and GO OUTSIDE.

Go fishing.
Go for a walk.
Wash your car.
Mow the grass.
Plant some flowers.
Plant a garden.
Cook something on the grill and eat outdoors.
Go for a drive.
Play with your kids.

Boredom?
"It's coming from inside the house!"

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I've got pinkeye and haven't been able to sleep in 3 days, I'm in the middle of trying to turn down a job offer from a sociopath who can't take no for an answer. I live alone, have no pets, no woman, and very few friends.... I find your definition of depression, entertainingly depressing.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

I don't see the point you are tying to convey with your post. I didn't even attempt to define depression or give any details about my own experience with the illness.

If your life feels like it sucks then I am sorry to hear that. Maybe take my advice and visit the link and distract yourself with some entertaining reviews of bad movies. Otherwise you can just mope around looking to find despair wherever you can. Which sounds like more fun?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
I've got pinkeye and haven't been able to sleep in 3 days, I'm in the middle of trying to turn down a job offer from a sociopath who can't take no for an answer. I live alone, have no pets, no woman, and very few friends.... I find your definition of depression, entertainingly depressing.

After reading the post below yours I’m feeling I may have gotten the sentiment of your post wrong but I found it slightly amusing.
Thanks for the chuckle

If humour wasn’t the point then sincere apologies

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

It may be me who misinterpreted his post. We will have to wait and see if/when he replies. I am glad to see you got some laughs from doing what I suggested

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Incandescent

#71. The Touch of Satan.

I didn't realize the bio-pic on me was so lowly rated.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Incandescent
a reply to: rexsblues

I don't see the point you are tying to convey with your post. I didn't even attempt to define depression or give any details about my own experience with the illness.

If your life feels like it sucks then I am sorry to hear that. Maybe take my advice and visit the link and distract yourself with some entertaining reviews of bad movies. Otherwise you can just mope around looking to find despair wherever you can. Which sounds like more fun?

You defined depression by assuming your link would be a remedy... To which I digress, it was pretty funny.

FYI... Lemon Juice = Instant cure for pink eye, although I did kick a dent in my oven door from the awesomely refreshing pain.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And I'm gutted my favourite crap film of all time didn't make the bottom 100.

Oversexed Rugsuckers from Mars

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Brilliance.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I so have to watch that again soon.
Bought the VHS off off fleabay back in the day.
Shame I have no VHS player.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Incandescent

There really are some gems in there that will leave you feeling humoured.

OK,

so if you want read reviews to get a laugh to get you out of the depressed state your in.

Go to Amazon.com and search for Veet hair removal cream for men and read the reviews.

Warning, some are so funny you will wet yourself of faint from a lack of air from laughing so hard.

Some are a bit vulgar as they are describing genital areas which the cream is not designed for but seems to be one of its main uses, used in the area just once by what some reviews say as the burning sensations down there and how some are described and expressed are just comedy gold.

Just googling it seems there are dedicated websites for the Veet reviews that were found on amazon they are so funny.

Instead of linking I will let anyone just google and either go directly to the amazon site and the reviews or one of the few websites that have copied some real funny ones onto their sites.

Again, warning, some go into detail using slang language and what not so if easily offended sorry for this.

new topics

top topics

join