It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army Gray Eagle testing at Plant 42

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The Gray Eagle is already an existing airframe, so you wonder why they have to test them at Plant 42. It could be for the ER (Extended Range) version. Here is a bit of the request at fbo dot gov:

The Air Force Test Center (AFTC), Directorate of Contracting, Edwards AFB, CA is seeking sources who are capable of providing for lease (rental) of one (1) Mobile Restroom Trailer (unit) to be delivered to Air Force Plant 42 (AFP 42), located in Palmdale, California. The mobile restroom unit shall be installed at AFP 42 near the temporary offices/operations facilities set-up for the U.S. Army Gray Eagle Test Program.

www.fbo.gov...

Note that you take your OSINT where you can get it, be that a restroom request.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
When you gotta go,you gotta go...

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Top secret toilets?

When you have to go, it's on a need to know.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

FWIW, all Gray Eagle drones will be the ER version. They shut down the line for other variants.

www.uasvision.com...

This doesn't explain why they are at Plant 42.

The last time I poked around the General Atomics facilities in the Mojave, the El Mirage facility was dedicated to the Gray Eagle.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It seems odd, even fishy, that they would provide details about any program in situations like this. Wouldnt a simple RFQ be enough? Or something as simple as the below example

"(1) Mobile Restroom Trailer (unit) to be delivered to Air Force Plant 42 (AFP 42), located in Palmdale, California. The mobile restroom unit shall be installed at AFP 42 near the temporary offices/operations facilities set-up to accommodate additional personnel needs."

Not saying it's intentional false information, but it does make me question what additional aircraft might fall under U.S. Army Gray Eagle Test Program (or true program name)? 1 mobile #ter isn't much, I can't see it being a large increase in staff. Doesn't seem like enough for a separate aircraft, so I'm guessing a small group of specialized contractors testing some new sensor/software package on the platform?

~Winter

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
-Mod, some reason my reply double-posted. Please delete this post if that's possible.
edit on 7-5-2018 by Winterpain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Winterpain

www.dir.ca.gov...

Based on this document, that facility would support 270 people. Now that number of people on the flightline is ridiculous. But it may be that the crew gets a break at the same time.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

edit on 5132018 by HomeyKXTA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomeyKXTA

Would this have anything to do with the silver fox/ Silver fang program?

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join