It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of things government stays silent about.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This is a thread dedicated to listing the truly important issues that our government is silent about.
The things they don't talk about or mention only briefly.

I will Make my own list numbered from most to least (IMO) important.

I ask the each of you make your own list placed in your own order.
If enough of us do this we can get an idea of were the issues of ATS members is focused.
I believe we will see most of us have the same important issues on our minds.

I am not asking that any one give answers or fixes to the issues. That is not the point of this thread.
Rather I am just curious as to what those issues are.

I am not asking for a list of issues the media is always taking about. Example: Race, polls, government gossip, etc...

I am not asking for a rehash of the issues that are important but we hear about all the time. Example: Abortion, taxes, Healthcare, imagration etc..
We already know how everyone feels about those .

MY LIST.

1. Congressional term limits.

2. Sexual Harassment slush fund.

3. Failing infrastructure.

4. The patriot act and the powers that bush granted the presidency

5. How gerrymandering laws work.

I understand that gerrymandering is getting more attention now though.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think the UFO situation is big. Whether terrestrial or extraterrestrial, nothing significant is ever released by the US government. They must have some idea of what is actually happening.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
-Congress and Senate lifetime pension after one term, medical and dental (weren't required to use Obama care)

-Congress and Senate insider trading.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This is more of a change then an unspoken topic - lobbying should be public record. The people should know how politicians are being influenced.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I really feel all issues are moot until term limits are established. After that, work will get accomplished.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

How about just “corrupt things the government does” or doesn’t want you to know???

I hate “keeps silent on”.. its a propaganda term that doesn’t have an objective meaning... but more than that it can’t be applied in blanket terms to “the government “.

Everything you listed is kinda part of the democrat’s party platform to fix and is part of the gop party platform to keep.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
They don't like to mention that the US is flat broke and in debt to the tune of

$21,033,707,724,786

How long do you think China will wait til they call in their markers?

www.concordcoalition.org...-13829
e dit on 6-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

1. area 51
2. roswell
3. failing public education system
4. our use of military to support corporate interests
5. the disappearing middle class
6. student debt
7. nibiru

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
-Congress and Senate lifetime pension after one term, medical and dental (weren't required to use Obama care)

-Congress and Senate insider trading.

Nice ones.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

How about just “corrupt things the government does” or doesn’t want you to know???

Think of it in any terms that you like.
What is your list of issues though?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Most of the same..

I don’t care as much about term limits as corruption..

If you actually have a great one do you want term limits??

The war on drugs, patriot act, citizens United, lobbiests, super pacs, insider trading, pay for play, trickle down economics, never raising min wage, cuts to Medicare/medicaid/social security, right to work legislation, private prisons..

To name a few..

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

If you actually have a great one do you want term limits??

I would yes. That way when you have a terrible one the damage is less.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I think the UFO situation is big. Whether terrestrial or extraterrestrial, nothing significant is ever released by the US government. They must have some idea of what is actually happening.
Government isn't disciplined enough to stay quiet about UFO's....or anything else.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

-The CIA running the global illicit drugs trafficking game from day one, to this very day. www.darkestpatterns.com...

-Illicit drugs trafficking involvement in / causes of / motivations for essentially every minor / major global military conflict since (and including) World War 2. www.darkestpatterns.com...

-The "Military Industrial Complex".

-"American Imperialism". www.darkestpatterns.com...

-All of its "OPEN SECRET" work, and their obvious and not so obvious implications, in things like Artificial General Intelligence (think 'Skynet') and Immortality, for the Technocrats & Transhumanists; them essentially being at the helm of US military & civilian technological apparatus; how it isnt possible for every human to get to become immortal like our elite masters aim to be, then how all this work is driving up the national debt which essentially promises to completely and absolutely devaste the global economy... all of this hastily, and in our lifetimes. www.abovetopsecret.com...

-How the "Moderate Rebels" are actually Al Qaeda. How they were partnered with Al Qaeda in the Balkan's Conflict in during the 90's right thru the summer of 2001. Etc. www.darkestpatterns.com...

-The vagueness of the term "War on Terror"; how its deliberately vague to act as a vehicle for never ending global conquest.
edit on 6-5-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The asteroid Apophis, originally slated to impact earth April 13, 2029. When the public started freaking out, their "recalculating" magically showed it will miss...

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
1) The over representation of Jews in banking, media, lobbying and NGOs that attempt to subvert national sovereignty and laws

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Does 'it' get past the number 2? Because until You rid the Gov't. of their over abundance of #2 it'll be 'same ol, same ol...' this way the current "ins" blame the last group, which blamed the group that preceded them. This is the "How" they get away with 'lifetime salaries' and perks up the wazoo... Now most folks think this same way (See: Herr Drumpf) but the "swamp" has many layers of soot. And it is the lower seated soot which 'controls' things.. These are your 'friends' who record You and get You to do outlandish stuff, I don't know something like swim fins and catcher's mask type stuff...
Once this layer of scum is removed, the rest will run for the hills...

It is akin to 'Supervisors' at larger police departments. That is how these people promote through the ranks. When they should be handling their Beats they are studying for promotion and You end up doing 3x the work....

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
1) The over representation of Jews in banking, media, lobbying and NGOs that attempt to subvert national sovereignty and laws

Is so true, although I'm far, far more concerned with their Ideology than their "Race".

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Anything not being discussed on the news is what's important. If it's on the news or is a "hot" issue then you can be sure that is nothing more than a distraction.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

A terrible one doesn’t keep getting elected..

Well not a terrible one from his own constituencies pov doesn’t get elected..

What has happened is you have demogouges playing to a propagandized base. That base believes their BS. So term limits are not helping there..

What we need is for the american people to take a debate class and learn the list of logical fallacies..

That way when a politician starts demogoging. Eveveryone knows “wat a second?!!’ That’s not a real point !! That’s an adpulonium” for example..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join