It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Fan Just Ate His 30,000th Big Mac. The Math Shows Just How Staggering That Is

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
As some of you may already know, I don't consume animal products except when I accidentally swallow flies or other insects (yum). But, this isn't about me, it's about Don Gorske, a Wisconsin man with OCD & a great memory who just consumed is thirty-thousandth McDonald's Big Mac. I was inspired to post this because of another thread created by CornishCeltGuy: HERE
SOURCE

I'll bet you can guess where Don Gorske celebrates his birthdays. He celebrated another, more unique milestone yesterday, when he ate his 30,000th Big Mac at a McDonald's in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin, which happens to be the same McDonald's he visited when he ate his first Big Mac back in 1972. I suspect that means he's been McDonald's most loyal customer since well before at least half of the people who read this article were born. Heck, even the guy who invented Big Macs, and who died recently at age 98, said he only ate one a week.

But it's an absurd number of Big Macs. To start with, eating 30,000 over 46 years would require eating 652 per year. And that in turn would work out to consuming 1.786 Big Macs every single day since the Nixon administration. Indeed, Gorske reports that there have only been eight days during which he didn't eat a Big Mac that entire time: once because an intense snowstorm stopped him from reaching McDonald's, for example, and once on the day in 1988 when his mother died. Also, given that each Big Mac has two 1.6-ounce beef patties,it means Gorske has eaten more than 6,000 pounds of beef, which might work out to (and this is the most grotesque thing I've ever calculated for an Inc.com article), about 10 cows.
Here's the beef:

I have eaten burgers (including BigMacs) in the past, but I can't fathom eating this many! I don't like to eat the same thing every day, and try to mix things up. I do eat a lot of burritos on a fairly regular basis. I wonder if any of the ATS community has a particular food addiction (not including beer)?
edit on 562018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

edit on 562018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

about 10 cows.

Cows? think smaller and more legs

10 cows don't sound that much, it shows that big macs must be mostly saw dust, I feel like I need one now

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

30,000 Big Macs?

Pfft.

I call that, "Tuesday".

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I was about to say congratulations Mr. President and then I saw it was actually Don Gorske.

Mr. Gorske your heart and arteries may hate you and your taste buds may be forever ruined but that "accomplishment" takes a staggering amount of dedication. And stupidity. Mostly stupidity.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
OMG, I was just fact checking and ran across this....
www.npr.org...

Each person in the US consumes 270 pounds of meat in a year!!!!!! That is 4320 ozs. divided by 3.2 ozs( the big mac equivalent), which equates to 1350 big macs.
So essentially, this cat was on a diet.

As an aside, I haven't seen one of those Tupperware bowl haircuts in a looong time.
edit on 6-5-2018 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Damn, a Big Mac sounds good right about now, but I've got a porterhouse I need to grill up tonight. Guess I'll just have to force myself & the kids to eat that bad boy instead

Big Mac really does sound good, though. Maybe later this week.
edit on 5/6/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
How is this guy even alive right now?
edit on 5/6/2018 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
How is this guy even alive right now?

Looks like he just eats the bun, salad, burger beef and not the melted cheese or French fries. The last two are the real artery busters.

I once ate a 10 decker burger at a place called Three Lions Bar in Trondheim, during the world football match. Took photographs of the menu as a souveneir. Got a craving for Norwegian energy bread and pizza just now. Loved that bread - would keep me going non-stop for days especially when my apartment was 30C and there wasn't any night time

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Don Gorske does not look as I pictured him in my mind.. thought he'd be rather obese.
But considering it's only 1-2 per day, in a colder region of the U.S.. he can burn those calories faster.

Not to here. But this it a receipt from one visit to McDonald's that I took a pic of.

I think I grabbed a diet coke too.

25 bm
1 20 pc nugget
1 10 pc nugget
2 mcribs
1 lg fries

$115.58
Just for me... lasted 3 days though

edit on 6-5-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Big Mac commercials through the ages:

+1 more 
posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

As some of you may already know, I don't consume animal products

How do you know if someone is a vegan? Don't worry they will make sure to tell you.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

LOL

They not only tell you, but then want to tell you why you should also be one. I usually start telling them how much I just love BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Don eats too much Mcdonalds.

Dude is going to have a heart attack.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I have a hard time believing a person could eat that many and remain at his body weight. Seems kind of fishy

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I just don't get it. I love a good burger, but most fast food burgers are okay at best, and usually full of weird additives or even fake meat. Second, there are scores of places with far far better burgers than McDonald's. Why do people become loyal to lower quality? Unless I'm in a pinch or on the road, if I'm going to get something unhealthy like pizza or burgers I'm going to get something quality.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
10 cows since 1972?

Amateur.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

How do you know if someone is a vegan? Don't worry they will make sure to tell you.

That's hilarious. From my perspective, making fun of Veganism is the same as joking about animal abuse.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

Mr. Gorske your heart and arteries may hate you and your taste buds may be forever ruined but that "accomplishment" takes a staggering amount of dedication. And stupidity. Mostly stupidity.

Oh, please. He's been eating Bic Macs since 1972. He had to have been about 18 at the time based on his Vietnam story, so that makes him approximately 65 today. He's not the least bit obese. He may have clogged arteries, or maybe not. He does not look unhealthy. Yet you feel compelled to call him "stupid." Why? You don't approve of his eating habits? Who put you in charge? I personally don't like Big Macs. If I'm going to eat a burger, I'll take a Whopper Jr, or a plain old McDonald's burger. If he wants to eat Big Macs, it's not for me to judge. What is STUPID is this obsession with of McDonald's hatred for no good reason.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

originally posted by: Metallicus

That's hilarious. From my perspective, making fun of Veganism is the same as joking about animal abuse.

This proving his point many times over. You take yourself and your movement way too seriously.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

People can do stupid things without being stupid.

Eating 2 Big Macs a day is stupid. You are free to disagree as I am to have and share my opinion. This probably is not the correct thread for a debate otherwise I could quite easily back my opinion up with horrific facts.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join