It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing me softly with his fries...killing me softly...with his fries...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: wakeupstupid
1) Doctors receive only 1-2, and never more than a handful of college hours about "nutrition"

I will be to differ on that aspect. I work at a major teaching hospital and they have an actual whole semester on nutrition. Everyday they round and one main topic for each patient is FEN = Fluid, electrolytes, and nutrition

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I can never keep up with ATS threads so I rarely post, the system sucks in how you barely see you have a response, and then when you find that you DO, you can't find it in 200 pages of talk.

Anyway

My answer to your post is no one is forcing these people to eat the food.

I was raised in Europe and am American, and my wife is Portuguese who immigrated here recently and we don't whine about the food laws because it's about being smart yourself.

We check every label on everything we buy. And we only buy things that are organic and non GMO and if they aren't, we make sure they don't have corn syrup or too much crap. It's very simple

In a nutshell all of our veggies are organic and we don't buy any processed snacks.

We are no hippies! I buy pringles maybe once or twice a month , and I will have some Burger King maybe once a month.

But my point is we have the power to buy what we want.

If they want to pump # into the market only the # will buy the #. And I don't mean they are # people I mean they have # financial or discriminating skills.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
I was raised in Europe and am American, and my wife is Portuguese who immigrated here recently and we don't whine about the food laws because it's about being smart yourself.

For the Portuguese, food is an important part of life.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
MacD's slant their products to local tastes.

The Uk loves bland salty stuff and jellied eel fries.

Asia likes seaweed shake on the fries.

Somewhere else likes them spicy.

MacD's do have the best.

Even Trio's a canadian group, sucks with the poontang fries.

No quality taste even tho they are extra.

I miss arby's and taco bell's drive thru at 2am.

My wife fell in love with the MacD's breakfast burritos, we don't have them in HK.

You are gonna die no matter how "healthy" you eat.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
even without the addition of poisons boiled potatoes are boiled starch which will lead you to asthma hypertension and diabetes.
edit on 7/5/18 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Those darn Portuguese will eat you out of house and home.

ugh every time I go to wacarnolds I have the worst luck with the employees. I stay patient and polite, I have worked the service industry before and I know its easy to make mistakes.
Had to wake up very early this morning and drive a couple hours, didnt have time to make coffee and breakfast so I decided to stop at the mcds. I ordered a sausage mcmuffin meal with a coffee. Girl gave me my coffee and I waited for them to bag up the sad, premade sandwich.
I sat, looking out the window, thinking about stuff. A couple minutes go by, I think "oh, nice, they must have been out and are making it fresh."
Three or so more orders(not counting the drive through window) go after me, and all receive their entire orders before I get my sausage mcmuffin and hashbrown. Two of said orders had the same thing I did...
I see the manager come out and notice that I had been sitting there for a while. She whispers some stuff to her employees and then about two minutes later the cashier hands me my order. I take it near the exit and check the bag. No hashbrown.
I go back to the register and ask them for my hashbrown. They say they have to make more, and apologize(after I had seen them put roughly 10 hashbrowns in orders made after I made my order.) Been about 10 minutes by now. They finally give me my hashbrown, I go out to my car and put on the radio and open my sandwich to eat. It has ham.
lol oooooh boy these kids they have working here... Eventually everything gets sorted out, the manager gives me a free pie and apologizes. Go out to my car and eat, finally. When I was leaving I saw them all sitting down having a much needed team meeting.

Longest experience ever at a fast food, it was awful. I have had them forget burger patties, forget entire meals from orders, etc, but it was all resolved pretty quickly. This morning, they tested my patience.

I try to eat as healthy as possible, but as many have said, it is expensive. Luckily I have access to chickens so at least I get natural eggs. Gonna start some veggies soon if we have enough water. It does suck that they pump all this crap in our food, but we do have a choice.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

For the Portuguese, food is an important part of life.

So is every culture/country on the planet.

The Kitchen table. Family!

Shut off the phones and eat!

Talk to each other.

Eat the best you can.

At one time, lobster was trash in the US, there were so many.

Then there is fermented shark.

lol!

Frozen strips of seal and reindeer, outlawed cheeses, bush meat, barbie shrimps, gator, croc, snake, game, Guts and bugs.

Mangia!

Do spiders pair better with a Pinot or barolo?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

It probably depends on the type of spider.
I remember seeing some show about a man who raised cockroaches to eat. He had been doing it for quite some time, and feeding them oranges, I think it was? Apparently after several generations of only eating oranges they actually started to taste somewhat like oranges. That is what he said, at least. I was trying to find it but only found this, Man dies from insect eating contest, Florida

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

What would be the purpose of the US killing its people?

edit on 7-5-2018 by AnotherPOV because: misspelling

edit on 7-5-2018 by AnotherPOV because: misspelling

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Even Trio's a canadian group, sucks with the poontang fries.

I'm not sure exactly what the hell you mean here, but my mind went straight in the gutter, chucking.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: smashdem
as Eucharist you become part of Christ and Christ becomes a part of you. and with beef - beef becomes a part of you and you become a part of beef

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
How did I not see this thread earlier? LOL!

I think if we all just take a step back and look at the human animal objectively, we see an animal population out of control.

I just hope we can graduate to virus and begin starfaring before we use all of this up. You know, down the road, way down.

That's if we don't kill ourselves first with war. Which is legit possible at really any minute.

What a time to be alive!!!

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnotherPOV

What would be the purpose of the US killing its people?

I don't think its a 'kill them" kind of thing. I think our lobby industry is out of control. They put in the additives, etc to extend shelf life or they are cheaper than natural stuff.

Business use lobbyist to donate $$$$$$$ politicians either turn a blind eye OR vote in protective legislation

We as citizens having failed using legal measures now have to literally effect change with our pocket books It is occurring but slow. Plus economically disadvantaged groups have little or no choice but to purchase the cheaper food.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Dead pay no income taxes.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Dude I burn more calories per day then some people do in a week. So ya, it literally does not matter what I eat, because on a daily basis I would burn through it all. And when I am less active, well I just eat less.

But in all, ya, junk food aint good for you, but its not completely bad for you, you were just never meant to go overboard on it, like I said even to much water will kill ya. But then again the human body never evolved to eat it at such high consumption, even salt and sugar if it were not for our modernization easy to get, well we would only eat those two things once in a great while. A few hundred years ago, salt was as good as gold. But now? Well, not so much.

The human body needs salt, but just not in such high capacity. Same as everything else.

So ya, I dont think junk food or all this crap in the food systems is bad, but considering the world population and most cities. How else would you feed all those people? Its not even something that came out of greed. Greed is just something humans do regardless of anything, but this whole system its breed out of necessity ultimately. And people are slowly waking up to that fact. Though right now, were in the blame big corps stage.

Well think about this, none of these corporations would exist even for a second, if they were not selling what people wanted to buy. And also if like you say, EU junk food is better then US junk food, but thats Europe in some ways the way Europe is set up is better way, but if anything you just need to point this whole thing in a different direction.

For instance why not set up more and easier way to get junk food in say countries like Haiti or the Congo?

Two places were there is a higher malnurishment issues. And well think on this as well. Generally when people from other countries or cultures are raised and introduced to a US diet, cheeseburgers and french fries, they generally not only get bigger but are generally bigger because there normal intake of nutrition is up.

One way to curve world hunger, how to make corporations and all these junk food manufacturers to make money in poor countries. It would likely help them more then it hurts them. First world problems, to much cheeseburgers and people finally seeing that yes, frankenfood does exist. It is not a myth.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Lol McD's the saviour of world hunger problems...but only if there is a profit to be made.
Do you think they'd offer the same additives in the Congo or would they keep it simple oil potatoes and salt like in the UK?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
We as citizens having failed using legal measures now have to literally effect change with our pocket books It is occurring but slow. Plus economically disadvantaged groups have little or no choice but to purchase the cheaper food.

Not only that, most people are not even aware of the situation, so they do not know they should do something about it.

Information is always the first step if you want to change something.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
For instance why not set up more and easier way to get junk food in say countries like Haiti or the Congo?

That's easy, because they do not have money to pay for it.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I really enjoyed reading such an informative and relatable post... thanks Ricky the not so meeky anymore mouse!

Cheers brother!
-StS

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I would rather say that it is a conspiracy of business. They are trying to earn as much as possible and don't think about the health of the nation. What if we make our own conspiracy and won't eat any fries at all?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join