It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has all the political fluff over the past months and years brought people together?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Politics is a wide world of opportunity.

Forming strong relationships, showing leadership but also giving it a purpose... It's a proud profession.

Without politics it's hard to imagine what other system we would have in it's place, but I digress.

So like...

Politics also gives a common talking point with anyone you meet... like talking about the weather but slightly more serious.

Eh, I actually never talk about politics. But this is where I'm coming from so yeah... um...

So, you get to pick a side, and no matter what there is a team to join, so that's fun, and you get to battle in wordplay and so forth etc. I see the attraction.

So yeah, is it fun?

I like Trump because he's a well rounded individual while also being completely flawed simultaneously... but who am I to judge, I don't know him.

See, that gives me another point, because - politics is all about the mask.

Politics is also the mask of society.

Personally I think it should take itself less seriously, but it's also harmless. Weapons aren't though.
edit on 6-5-2018 by throwaway115 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: throwaway115

I don't have enough time to write out anything long but I just want to say something. Yes and no. We've been brought together under false pretext... so how together can people be? Everyone is brought together to fight the opposition... not because they see progress with each other.

The US is a country more divided then ever. Tolerance has gone out the window for faux tolerance. The rest of the world; i'd have to comment on each country and I can't.
edit on 6-5-2018 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

When you look at it that way, sure.

But life is honestly a blur.

Um... It's a difficult slog. The intricacies are so small that it's negligible... I dunno.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well, this aspect has been present for as long as politics has been in existence.

I think, with the advent of Social Media, many people are taking a much more indepth look at what they can and can't do, what the political spectrum is really saying, in other words, people are "awakening" from the predetermined schedule of the previous era of media, becoming critical about their information and sources as well.

However, its a work in progress and the fact that Trump appeals directly to the American people is a huge plus as it is seen that this leader has no silk gloves and will mingle with the commoners while the media and political elite continue their self absorbed ways of a delusional view of America, to include the sheep that revel in their absolute words.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Yeah...

On the second paragraph...

Social Media is waking people up to how stupid they are.

Hahahahaha

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: throwaway115
a reply to: Arnie123

Yeah...

On the second paragraph...

Social Media is waking people up to how stupid they are.

Hahahahaha

I always go to social media for my up to date, fair and balanced news....

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
absolutely not.

the progressive / left in the USA and Europe have gone more and more extreme, and more and more intolerant and hateful. The news media is practically 24/7 Trump bashing.

consider the White House Correspondents Association dinner. nothing but hatefests last few years.

there is not 'agree to disagree' with the left. if they can't have everything they want they hissy fit like infants.

politics today is the worst I've seen in my lifetime.
edit on 6-5-2018 by ElGoobero because: add relevant comment

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This plastic version of what people in the "U"SA think would be left is not the left we have in Europe.
We at least know what left and right(political seen)in reality means.

And that is not to be driven by that stupid political correctness, it means not that one thinks he would be a "SJW"! It´s not white people that think they are black! It´s not to be homosexual because it´s hip to be homosexual! It´s not MeToo!

That is the stupid "U"S version of what they think is the left, that stupid sh*t they try to flood Europe with.

I bet, if you ask such a SJW-"U"S-Lefty about Marx, he asks:
"Howard"?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: throwaway115

I don't know if its brought people together or further divided them but it has show us all were we stand hasen't it.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I think for some people yes. For me it has, and I surely didn't think it would.

When this all fired up again around the election I started finding myself really put off by people I adored on here- well their online character any how. I was thinking things like "Wow what a POS, I'll probably never interact with that person again."

But I've grown a lot in the last few years. Even politically.

I thought about it one day and was like, would I really discard all of my positive thoughts and feelings for these people over current politics? I thought, no I shouldn't do that. I should embrace them, and my friends with differing views, and give myself the opportunity to get to know them and their reasons for their views. By not cutting these people out or avoiding them, I also gave them a chance to get to know me and my views and reasoning.

It can be uncomfortable but I've found I like that better than total disconnection.

-Alee

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
So far, it's seemed to bring them together in lynch mobs.

top topics

join