It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To understand God you must understand Satan...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
As above so below. Think of measuring scales and physics.

Darkness is just the absence of light.

Without one you can't have the other.

Recoil from neither, it's up to you.

Some people play the field.

You are in control.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: throwaway115

Those who know don't say and those who say don't know.....Lao Tzu

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
And if a person is a Christian we are taught to love Jesus and everyone else, pay the devil no mind. Satan is of no account

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
To understand the tooth fairy you must understand Santa Claus.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

youre using hermetics to bolster christianity?
odd

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I see no harm in elucidating a rather convoluted religion.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Je'daii Creed:

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no fear, there is power.

I am the heart of the Force.

I am the revealing fire of light.

I am the mystery of darkness.

In balance with chaos and harmony, Immortal in the Force.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Je'daii Creed:

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no fear, there is power.

I am the heart of the Force.

I am the revealing fire of light.

I am the mystery of darkness.

In balance with chaos and harmony, Immortal in the Force.

There is denial. A lot of denial.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

How so?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You might want to add "according to x-religion" because this mindset has no relevance to Islam. In Islam, God's existence is completely independent of our Devil/Shaytan/Iblis, and Shaytan is literally nothing compared to God, not even as "much" as a speck of dust compared to the Sahara Desert.

We believe that God created existence, Angels, Jinn, and the other stuff. The Jinn were one of the few creations to have free will and God allowed a single Jinn to be exalted enough to be with His main Angels. That Jinn was Iblis. After God created Adam, He told all of His creations to bow to Adam. All of them did except for Iblis, who was too arrogant and said that he was better than Adam because he was made from fire while Adam was made from mud.

So God sentenced Iblis to eternal Hell, but Iblis begged for a temporary reprieve, which he was given. Iblis then said that he would use that temporary reprieve to prove that Adam and his offspring weren't worthy, to which God replied that He'd also sentence to Hell any that followed Iblis's ways. Iblis was then banished and now called "the Adversary" (aka Shaytan/Shaitan/Satan). Part of the story is told in Surah 7, Ayats 11 through 27 (Pickthall translation).

Nowhere does it claim that there needs to be some cosmic morality balance, that there must be both evil and righteousness, etc. We believe that this life is just a series of tests meant to gauge our spiritual dedication to God.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

How so?

I see it everywhere man. In life. Sometimes denial is necessary but only temporarily... there is no such thing as permanent denial.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Ahhh no. Nice claim, zero backing it up in he post though.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

No claims made, just logical processes.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

A claim is made, and there is zero logical processes backing it up. Please try again.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Zero? I'm surprised you can count that high.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

We learn ways of living. Sometimes a process is chosen that requires mental gymnastics to accommodate parts of ourselves we still refuse to sacrifice.

Denial is an illusion so of coarse it can not last. A severe punishment that we self inflict is when we pretend to be in denial when fully aware of reality.

We punish ourselves because we feel guilt of imperfection. A lie branded onto our souls by way of mortal flesh.

IMO that is the hell we are born to. We learn honesty while here so as to overcome ourselves on the other side.

Supreme beings fighting scrappy mortals they used to be. What hope do we have? Despair would be closer to our truth than simple fear.

The last level is faith that moves Titans.

edit on 5 6 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

The problem is the comparison doesnt fit. The Christian model doesnt posit a universal balance between light and dark...nor is Satan held as an equal, but opposing force to God.

As above, so below in the Hermetic traditions also implies concepts a Christian would not agree with.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I am not surprised you still can't post any logic baking up your claim.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

We learn ways of living. Sometimes a process is chosen that requires mental gymnastics to accommodate parts of ourselves we still refuse to sacrifice.

Denial is an illusion so of coarse it can not last. A severe punishment that we self inflict is when we pretend to be in denial when fully aware of reality.

We punish ourselves because we feel guilt of imperfection. A lie branded onto our souls by way of mortal flesh.

IMO that is the hell we are born to. We learn honesty while here so as to overcome ourselves on the other side.

Supreme beings fighting scrappy mortals they used to be. What hope do we have? Despair would be closer to our truth than simple fear.

The last level is faith that moves Titans.

This really strikes true for me man, especially the 2nd line. Very much so. That's how I've felt before, and it was horrible.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I am not surprised you still can't post any logic baking up your claim.

Are you trying be sharp, wee laddy? Trying to chew the chaff here. Sorry soggy boots.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join