It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Cuts Off Funding For Syria’s “White Helmets”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
If this is totally true then WTG State department.. I have read so many unfavorable stories about the White Helmets of Syria all I can say is, "It's about time !

The Trump State Department has frozen funding to the controversial Syrian aid group known as the White Hemlets, a non-governmental organization (NGO) which provided the sole evidence that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad reportedly used chemical weapons on his own people in an April 7 attack on the city of Douma, according to CBS News.

Having not received U.S. funding in recent weeks, White Helmets are questioning what this means for the future.

truepundit.com...

Unfortunately I also read this: Pentagon Seeks $300 Million in Weapons for 65,000 US-Backed Forces in Syria
The article implies the weapons are mostly for the Kurds which should make Turkey happy (sarc)... My feeling all along is we have had and still do not have any business being in Syria in the first place.

While US “relief funds” are frozen in Syria, the Pentagon continues to seek massive amounts of funding for its military operations in the country. This includes a request for $300 million in weapons to give to “partner forces” in Syria.

This amounts to enough arms for 65,000 fighters.

www.activistpost.com...

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It all becomes as clear as a quagmire ...not A place where your Allie is your enemy and where you are best of buddies helping your enemy destroy yourself . what could go wrong .

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I bet it´s because even his puppetmasters know that the complete world knows meanwhile who created, funded and used and uses the White Helmets. And what for. They are burned, the name White Helmets is burned, useless now, so it´s no problem to cut the money for them and play a hero.

But that makes the world not forget for who´s profits these "moderate beheaders" were used!

edit on 6 5 2018 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Not sure if you are aware of it but 21st Century Wire started a White Helmets Watch a short while ago " WHITE HELMETS: The John McCain Connections and is the “Funding Freeze” for Real? "

Among the first to publish the “U.S freezes funding for Syria’s White Helmets” story was CBS News, describing the terrorist affiliated group as “one of the most important humanitarian rescue groups in Syria”. There was then a flurry of activity in corporate media and on social media with anti-war activists and journalists celebrating what appeared to be a change of heart from the Trump administration. We should not, however, forget that on the 19th April US State Department spokesperson, Heather Nauert had issued reassurances that wages would continue be paid to the White Helmets while the funding of the Syria stabilisation program was under “review”. “We recognise and appreciate and are very grateful for all the work the White Helmets continue to do on behalf of the people of their country and on behalf of the U.S government (and) all the coalition forces […] I just exchanged emails with them the other day, my understanding is that their work is still going on and we’re proud to work with them […] as far as I am aware all of their work still continues, peoples bills are still being paid […] as far as I know (all U.S. contributions) are still in play” As the U.S government has always denied significant own “boots on the ground” in Syria, we have to assume that the “coalition forces” will include the multitude of U.S alliance-armed, financed & promoted terrorist and extremist factions, including Al Qaeda and a number of splinter groups or rebrands that have their origins in Nusra Front.
Nauert is also blatant about the fact that the White Helmets who receive an estimated one third of their funding from the U.S are effectively working for the U.S government in Syria. The U.S objective in Syria is the overthrow of the Syrian government and the carving up of Syria along sectarian lines. Therefore it is logical to assume that the White Helmets are aiding the U.S government to achieve these aims and have been handsomely bankrolled for their efforts.
21stcenturywire.com...

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The Kurds are one of the only groups I think we should help.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Well then. This sort of makes up for the impromptu "WMD provoked" airstrikes.

I think this is a great move on Trumps part. The white helmets are tools of deception and only serve to muddy the waters in Syria. The world will probably get a clearer picture of whats going on over there.

I think some of the more extreme attacks will scale down now that they are gone.

edit on 5 6 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Why were we giving money to the white helmets in the first place? That is a very bad group. Just because we funded Al Qaeda long ago and also the forerunner of ISIS doesn't mean we have to give the White Helmets money.

I think we need to look at the people responsible for backing these terrorist groups, their policy leads to these terrorist groups eventually causing Americans harm. When we cut off their funding they turn against us and part of our government cannot say much because they have evidence that we were the ones who helped them get started. The enemy of thy enemy is your friend rarely works right when there is not enough of a dire threat to justify the allegance.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

A) how often is “the gateway pundit” true???

Basically Never.. it’s a compilation site that doesn’t even employ journalists and just copy pasted msm stories after propagandizing them...

B) I don’t think Assad did it.. the rebels are who benefited from the gas attack. Not the Assad regime.. and 99.999999% of the time if you follow the trail of who benefited. You find your culprit.

C) there is absolutely no need for the “white hats” to be involved in the conspiracy..

Why would the rebels have needed to include them in their conspiracy?!?

How would including them benefit the rebels..

It wouldn’t.. it would only increase the risk the world found out it was the rebels all along.

D) this is likely putin and the Assad regime trying to pin the attack on the white hats AND the rebels.. because the white hats tell on them for other things..

They are a witnesses to the conventional atrocities Assad might do to those in rebellion.

E) the white hats are basically Syria’s “Red Cross”.. they are a humanitarian aid organization, not a political one.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
GOOD!!!!

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
(I think the rebels did it)

Why would the rebels need to include the white hats in the bombing??

It comes off as more believable if the white hats think Assad did it too...

It would be like me blowing up a building then the Red Cross showing up for aid , and people saying the Red Cross was in on it..

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
it’s a compilation site that doesn’t even employ journalists and just copy pasted msm stories after propagandizing them...

Hmm. Sounds familiar.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The white hats are a humanitarian aid org. Not a political one...

This is the equivalent of “fema camps lol”

But you probably bought that hook line and sinker too.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Ben Swann does a good expose of the so called white helmets.
]]

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Ben Swann also did videos on sandy hook and pizzagate..

Been Swann = infowars..

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Good! They are a creation of British intelligence agencies, and all they put out is propaganda. They also only operate in "terrorist"(U.S. and British payrolled mercenaries) territories, ever wondered why that is?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Wow, how uninformed you are. Been Swann is one of the few remaining true journalists around nowadays. Sandy Hook had been closed since 2008, and pizzagate really was the exposure of entrenched pedophile rings in our government.

Just because it is sickening and deeply disturbing doesn't mean it isn't true.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I take Gateway Pundit with a grain of salt at least half the size of the one I take CNN with.

However, did you know that Leaky Lyin' James Comey was convinced that GP had high-level FBI sources? Interesting ain't it?

As far as White Helmets: Good deal and good start. Quite a sinister and duplicitous organization.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

The white hats are a humanitarian aid org. Not a political one...

This is the equivalent of “fema camps lol”

But you probably bought that hook line and sinker too.

The White hats are a propaganda group. I did evaluate the information I read about them. If you take the middle ground instead of looking at the blown up bias and watch the videos, it is easy to see that their videos are staged and that the desires of the funders are steering them to create videos that support the people's desires that fund their group.

I do not believe the White hats are at all a humanitarian aid organization. Maybe some of their members do help some people, possibly as a side effect of their propaganda agenda, but most times they are just creating videos and information to defend the people of the west that fund them.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

This really is just another prime example of trump doing Putin’s bidding.. though.. well for damn sure doing things that benefit Russia.. that Russia has wanted done for quite a while..

Trump says he is pulling the troops out. (What Russia wants)

The rebels fake a gas attack to get the west to stay.

Trump cuts off funding to the white helmets.(what Russia wants because they are reporting on Assad’s offensive against the rebels)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

And

“ the vast majority of media,scientists , college professors, teachers , exc, exc are all in a vast conspiracy to discredit republicans!”

And

“All the scientists are in a vast conspiracy to fabricate AGW”

And
“They are comming to get your guns!!”

When your entire world view is based off this ridiculously convoluted conspiracy theories. Everything goes straight to the top. Which is super flimsy from the start..

I’ve done a little research into the white helmets as well.

It is unnecessary to include the white helmets in the bombing , it would just be one more way to have your operation foiled.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join