It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portrayal of Satanism in the Media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hi all, I would like your serious opinion about if you think Satanism is portrayed in the media, and if so, why?

In my past experience, I have thought to myself that every day, if I venture to turn on the television in the morning, no matter what channel I am looking at, I will see the influence and portrayal of Satanism within an hour. And the strange thing is that I have not really proven wrong that theory. Now some of you may think that I am be seeing an illusion and that my perception of things demonic is just paranoia.

In your thoughts, I am asking you to accept that most people who are occult or involved in secret societies (the church of Satan is a secret society because for example the son of the founder of the church revealed that what truly goes on in the inside if not what is revealed to the media) acknowledge the use of symbols to display certain meanings and symbols are a way of communicating to other members without speaking words. You may not think that people in the media communicate with such symbols, but at least we can agree that the church of Satan does have certain hand symbols that contain meaning.

One of these symbols is the rock and roll sign, which is holding up the pinky and pointer fingers up and folding the fingers in between. This is a documented and established hand sign from the church of Satan, which by the way was originated right before the rock and roll era. So why are teenagers on the news this morning displaying it? See, a group of teenagers in the San Diego area have formed a company and on their T-Shirts and hats, it has a big picture of that satanic hand sign. Do these kids realize that this symbol is documented to be a curse sign from the church of Satan? Do the rock and roll and musical youth showing that sign, do they know of it's affiliation to the satanic church or do they care?

For me it is just another day of seeing satanism in the media. But to see that the youth is showing this sign to the other youth, why is nobody talking about it's meaning?

Now some of you may think I am wrong, but in sign language the hand sign for I love you is this same hand sign. And the sign they made for the peace symbol? That used to be on the graves of Nazi's with a skull and bones next to it. Some people are too stubborn to believe that the people who literally created the world we live in are satanic, but I personally am not one to ignore such things, because the people who are jumping on the bandwagon, they may think they are smart but they are really not that smart.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
There's lot of different kinds of Satanists.

But I think you're referring to Luciferianism. And yes, they do control almost every aspect of our culture, including government and (paradoxically) religion.

Most people are far too brainwashed to even see it, to speak nothing of admitting it to themselves.
edit on 5/5/18 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
You see what you want to see. If you buy a new car, suddenly you begin seeing how many of that model car are on the road. If you are a Christian, you see "signs of Christ" everywhere you look. It's a form of confirmation bias. Nobody is putting the symbols you see in place on purpose.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Is there such a thing as "atheist confirmation bias" or are they somehow immune to general conditions of being human?

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
CNN talked about Macron doing the devil horn symbol at the white house. Lots of snark and giggles. They called it the "hook em horns" symbol which is what the the University of Texas does to signify the longhorns symbol. They also joked that maybe Macron is a KISS fan. If you look at the video, Macron grabs their hands first. They try to act like Melania and Trump just happened to grag the two middle fingers by accident. No, he did it on purpose because he was the first to grab their hands. Idk why CNN thinks this is funny and that Satanism isn't practiced by high powered people.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienVessel

It is everywhere, maybe not always that "in your face". Some of these luciferian/ satanic signs became so very nomal to see on the streets/ on television that people are not aware what they represent or where they came from.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: schuyler

Is there such a thing as "atheist confirmation bias" or are they somehow immune to general conditions of being human?

I don't understand your question. My first example was about cars: no religion required. I would say the same thing about conservatives and liberals. I'm thinking you did not understand my answer.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I believe everything is 'intent'. Sure there is ignorance as to what is being used as mainstream gestures. One we all know is of course universal, well known and has little to do with satanism. But for the most part, 'monkey see, monkey do' There is no great mystery. Then again to athiests it means nothing. these symbols and gestures are dismissed the same as God or Dieties are.
Personally these gestures seem juvenile and inappropriate much after your twenties or thirties. That is unless you are obsessed with your idea of 'being cool'.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienVessel
Hi all, I would like your serious opinion about if you think Satanism is portrayed in the media, and if so, why?

In my past experience, I have thought to myself that every day, if I venture to turn on the television in the morning, no matter what channel I am looking at, I will see the influence and portrayal of Satanism within an hour. And the strange thing is that I have not really proven wrong that theory. Now some of you may think that I am be seeing an illusion and that my perception of things demonic is just paranoia.

How have you ruled out the possibility of confirmation biases? You start off admitting that when you turn on the TV, you fully expect to see evidence of satanic influence within and hour and are never disappointed.

In your thoughts, I am asking you to accept that most people who are occult or involved in secret societies (the church of Satan is a secret society because for example the son of the founder of the church revealed that what truly goes on in the inside if not what is revealed to the media) acknowledge the use of symbols to display certain meanings and symbols are a way of communicating to other members without speaking words. You may not think that people in the media communicate with such symbols, but at least we can agree that the church of Satan does have certain hand symbols that contain meaning.

No, we can't agree that the CoS uses secret hand signs that have hidden meaning. the CoS is an agnostic/atheistic philosophy and does not worship and variation on Christian theological constructs. You are imparting hidden or secret meaning to things that don't exist.

One of these symbols is the rock and roll sign, which is holding up the pinky and pointer fingers up and folding the fingers in between. This is a documented and established hand sign from the church of Satan, which by the way was originated right before the rock and roll era.

This is absolutely untrue. The "devil horns" hand gesture didn't appear until Ronnie James Dio joined Black Sabbath and he used it to differentiate himself from Ozzy. It was a hand gesture that his Itallian grandmother used to do to ward off evil spirits. It had nothing to do with invoke ng or promoting Satanism and has nothing to do with the CoS/ LaVeyan Satanism.

So why are teenagers on the news this morning displaying it? See, a group of teenagers in the San Diego area have formed a company and on their T-Shirts and hats, it has a big picture of that satanic hand sign. Do these kids realize that this symbol is documented to be a curse sign from the church of Satan? Do the rock and roll and musical youth showing that sign, do they know of it's affiliation to the satanic church or do they care?

Or maybe they are able to engage in due diligence and know that it has nothing at all to do with the CoS

For me it is just another day of seeing satanism in the media. But to see that the youth is showing this sign to the other youth, why is nobody talking about it's meaning?

Probably because it doesn't mean what you believe it to mean.

Now some of you may think I am wrong, but in sign language the hand sign for I love you is this same hand sign. And the sign they made for the peace symbol? That used to be on the graves of Nazi's with a skull and bones next to it. Some people are too stubborn to believe that the people who literally created the world we live in are satanic, but I personally am not one to ignore such things, because the people who are jumping on the bandwagon, they may think they are smart but they are really not that smart.

Got it, you are smarter than everyone else and can see things that don't exist. Dually noted...

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
You see what you want to see. If you buy a new car, suddenly you begin seeing how many of that model car are on the road. If you are a Christian, you see "signs of Christ" everywhere you look. It's a form of confirmation bias. Nobody is putting the symbols you see in place on purpose.

I’m a Christian and I don’t see signs of Christ everywhere. What I see is tons of occult type symbols on television, in music, on awards shows.. even commercials. I avoid television and movies for the most part these days, but yes... Satanic influences are everywhere , even on ATS 😕.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

May I suggest you contemplate the "media" as being "Satan" himself?

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

I’m a Christian and I don’t see signs of Christ everywhere. What I see is tons of occult type symbols on television, in music, on awards shows.. even commercials. I avoid television and movies for the most part these days, but yes... Satanic influences are everywhere , even on ATS 😕.

Not much difference if you ask me. Two sides of the same coin. Some Christians see the light side. Some see the dark side. Obviously, you see the latter.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Not much difference if you ask me. Two sides of the same coin. Some Christians see the light side. Some see the dark side. Obviously, you see the latter.

Yours is just an opinion much like mine is an opinion. But don’t psycho analyze me . I see dark because I know what true light looks like.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
oops double post
edit on 5-5-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
There's symbolism everywhere..... but I'd agree that the Music and film Industry (Hollywood), are both entrenched in Satanic symbolism and by the looks of it Pedophilia! You only need to turn on a music TV station for ten minutes to see some form of symbolism. It also depends on the viewer and their experience or knowledge of certain symbols etc...

I would highly recommend this video regarding symbols - it's long (almost four hours) but well worth it.
youtu.be..." target="_blank" class="postlink">youtu.be...

edit on 7-5-2018 by Darklyilluminated because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2018 by Darklyilluminated because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Some people are too stubborn to believe that the people who literally created the world we live in are satanic, but I personally am not one to ignore such things, because the people who are jumping on the bandwagon, they may think they are smart but they are really not that smart.

Do you know what the word "literally" means?

a sign can mean one thing to one and another thing to another.

Do you have any links to support any of your claims

Like this

One of these symbols is the rock and roll sign, which is holding up the pinky and pointer fingers up and folding the fingers in between. This is a documented and established hand sign from the church of Satan, which by the way was originated right before the rock and roll era.

or this

(the church of Satan is a secret society because for example the son of the founder of the church revealed that what truly goes on in the inside if not what is revealed to the media)

as another has pointed out

If you search for it and have it on your mind you will find it, like people find patterns in clouds.

Its just your perception, influenced by your interest in searching for these things that finds the patterns and connections that may not actually be there.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Depends on which verison of Satan?

There the bubba verison, whose a 500lb hulk like tripod, then there the little imp verison who carries a trident, then there the Book of Job who looks like a Jewish Super Sayajin, then the Islamic inside your head verison, any polythiestic god for that matter, a faint Red dragon, to a giant Hydra, anything that grants wishes, Batman and Jesus, the son of the morning who apparently sends people to Satan, and yet he says he Lucifer?

edit on 7-5-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

It's crazy how they can hide this stuff in plain sight, that they've managed to get the population so under control that anyone who points out the obvious is considered a lunatic.

top topics

join