It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof That The US Government Is Clueless And Corrupt When It Comes To Marijuana?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I just saw this video clip on YouTube, for the first time and it really ticks me off. It's a clip of Richard Baum, director of ONDCP (Office of National Drug Control Policy), answering questions, before Congress, on July 26, 2017. Baum had no rational answer to the questions asked by Congressmen Trey Gowdy and Gerry Connolly, as to why Marijuana is classified a Schedule 1 drug. The Congressmen state that the government appears to have no credibility, due to the lack of impericle evidence, justifying why marijuana is still classified a Schedule 1 drug, while methamphetamine and coc aine are not. Could this be due to lobbyists from the pharmaceutical industry? If the government is influenced by money, then they are, in fact, corrupt, which is what most of us believe already. This comment, concerning this video clip, says it all:

Just look at that guy Mr. Baum. It's like his nuts are in vice. The truth doesn't even matter because it's the pharmaceutical industry with the big money. These guys speak the truth their money and job are toast. Like lawyers they are paid to lie. That is why nothing changes in Washington. To much money and everyone is dancing like puppets in a carnival box.

BINGO!!

edit on 5/5/2018 by shawmanfromny because: spelling

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The stupid thing about the whole Cannabis argument is that some people are still trying to argue (one-sidedly) about Cannabis. With no evidence except psychotic people that shouldn't be smoking it anyway.

Legalise. That is all. No decriminalisation, no softly softly "rules". Let the plant go.

That is all.

ETA Mr. Gowdy is, regardless of subject, a star of US politics. I like the man and it has nothing to do with the plant.
edit on 5/5/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
WHAT?!?!

The government is clueless and corrupt?

You're kidding me!!!

Surely not!!!

It can't be!!!!

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
“U.S. government is clueless and corrupt when it comes to marijuana.”

Amongst other things.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Marijuana is the devil's coleslaw.

With carrots and tiny chopped up onions.

Government has been clueless and corrupt since man started standing upright.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Only one side is the anti-weed party...

And trump put literally the most anti-weed attorney general in history in the seat...

Don’t get me wrong the democrats haven’t been out their seems core supporting pot or nothing, but only one party has been out their actively trying to RECRIMINALIZE pot...

Only one party still whole heartedly supports the war on drugs. Which has undoubtedly been the most damaging policy since slavery...

Army you an avid trump supporter?!?!

How the hell does that work??

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

But only one side is not only clueless about weed specifically. They are the major supporters of criminilzation and the only reason it is all still illegal..

Your party.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Unlike drones and mindless leftists, others appear to have no problem disagreeing with people with whom they share ideological aspects.

If you are agreeing 100% with someone, you aren't doing any thinking.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

But only one side is not only clueless about weed specifically. They are the major supporters of criminilzation and the only reason it is all still illegal..

Your party.

My party?

I'm an independent.

I'm pro weed. Hell, I think heroin should be legal.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Nvm.

edit on 5/5/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Doesn't it get OLD, being told what to think and say about EVERYTHING?

What an unfulfilling life.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The ignorance falls on all sides of the debate.

Technically it is not illegal.

Probation without an amendment was deemed illegal when the booze ban was overturned.

FOR THE SAKE OF GUNS let's quit picking on the potheads.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Yeah Trump has anti-pot people (mostly Sessions who's been outspoken) but Trump publicly went against Sessions stating that states rights on the issue will not be infringed and will be left alone. Really not a reflection on Trump policy.
edit on 5/5/2018 by UnendingVigilance because: misspelling

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Call me jaded, but when Mr. Baum suggests the drug companies wanna refine THC or cannabis for medicine for the American people for treatment, I cannot help but wonder about profit margins, exclusion of mom and pop small business startups, and basically their whole lengthy endeavor with lying to the same American people and getting their doctors to lie as well about pills you should be consulted about on whether or not YOUR symptoms meet THEIR criteria. Watch this issue, and see how the BiG Pharma herd circles the newborn industry...

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It will be legalized, if it can be regulated. They still want to control the money and keep it artificially overpriced, while adding a sin tax.

How about they legalize, and clear everyone's record that has the illegal charges on them.

There is nothing worse than not being able to get a decent job for 12 years from mj charges, then watching these pos politicians turn around and make millions off of the industry.

Honestly, fk the people running this country, we need to end income tax now, we are no longer represented.
Our taxes are actually used against us now.(utah server farm, spying, etc..)

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: Sp

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: UnendingVigilance

Then he said he was gonna start executing drug dealers....

Even past that forget trump.. the gop has been the only party supporting the war on drugs for over a decade..

They get the majority of the big pharma money and ALL the private prison lobby money..

Do you think it is an accident the only party publicly and outspokenly for the war on drugs is the same people getting paid off by people who profit off incarceration???

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I guess you just think the war on drugs is less dangerous than whatever other issue you support them for..

Likely something fictional like “they are comming to get your guns..”

I think the war on drugs has single handedly been the most destructive policy in modern history..

10% of the population jailed woth 60% of that being nonviolent drug offenses.

Countless broken homes..

Countless police shootings..

The militarized police force..

Roughly 50k a year per person incarcerated..

Civil forfeiture..

Gang violence

Gangsta culture..

All so Nixon could demonize his political opponents and big pharmaceutical and the prison system could siphon off bank..

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I don’t even post things that are not basically original thoughts.. lol

I’ve crapped on countless left wing logical fallacies.. there are just WAY more and WAY dumber ones on the right..

You have to be an illuminati conspiracy theorist to be right wing these days..

“All the WORLDS media, college professors, scientists , scholars , unions , teachers , exc are all in a vast conspiracy to make the gop look bad FOR OBAMA!!!”

It’s a joke a toddler should see through..

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Your options are bad or worse.

I'm just glad we got bad, worse was so much worse than bad.

Lmao

Dude, the 1900's called, they need their fake two party gov back.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

MJ has been around a lot longer than the United States. Its a big-pharma conspiracy because they stand to lose about 70% of industry if it became legal. Lots of epic docos on YT about it.

It's a weed and has BS properties that help all humans with existing on this god foresaken rock - from construction materials, textiles, medicines (including the cure for cancer) to providing a heightened sense of well-being for 99% of those who smoke/ingest it, this plant is the one thing the humans have that governments can go and get #ed about - it's not theirs to decide about, it's ours, and we'll continue to enjoy it until the last day of the apocalypse.

thems the facts bro.........
edit on 5/5/2018 by Sublimecraft because:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join