It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The chicken killers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretsoftheBlueApples

So what do you do when a big coon comes and breaks into your attic and does about $24,000 worth of damage?

Yeah, live and let live ... everyone can afford to keep shelling out $24,000 when Nature decides your attic looks like a cool place to visit.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
How am I being ignorant exactly? I realize and accepted that I made a huge mistake and now my chickens are gone. But my chickens are least of my concern right now. I have neighbors that have children that play outside at night sometimes. That is my concern. So if I can kill one(coyote) in a legal manner then yes I will do so. Survival of the fittest, and I am the fittest.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Harsh! Poor kid didn't ask to be autistic and doesn't always know the repercussions of his behaviour. It should be an honour to be his step-dad, especially since he didn't choose you - his mom did.

So glad you cut him some slack. And I'm glad your parents cut you some slack when you were learning to not do things when a toddler, but understood after being taught.

It's up to you to ensure the safety of your chickens and I would think the door to the coop would be a no-brainer. Rather autistic of you I must say.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretsoftheBlueApples
Why are you frustrated at Nature? So because you forgot to secure your flock... you're going to kill more nature. Eye for an eye until everyone is blind. Hopefully you get overrun with Snakes and Rats, which the Coyotes eat. God said vengeance is mine...and he'll have it one way or Another. Careful you don't exacerbate your situation with more ignorance. We have chickens in town, where there's Cats, Coyotes, Possums, Foxes, Coons, ect....never had one killed. You know why, because we protect the flock. And instead of brewing up malice, we have fresh eggs each morning.
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Eye for an eye doesnt make the world blind. Only the people who snatchout eyes unwarranted. Also, you're crazy.
edit on 5-5-2018 by Whoisjohngalt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretsoftheBlueApples

what a load of hooey. People are part of nature too and its a predatory universe.
kill or be killed

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Allaroundyou

If you do kill one...

This will seem barbaric, grim and horrible, but it MIGHT be useful. Once you have completed the kill, and the animal is beyond suffering, it might be wise, as it bleeds, to drag it around your yard, and display it somewhere that other packs are likely to see or smell it.

The reason I suggest this, is that finding one of their own kind dead, might put them off coming back, especially if you spread their guts around a bit. Animals are not immune to terror, but they are significantly less prone to simple vengeance. That being said, that could attract other creatures, but its just a thought.
It's not unusual to see a dead coyote draped over a fence in my neck of the woods. Their friends know to stay away.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
How am I being ignorant exactly? I realize and accepted that I made a huge mistake and now my chickens are gone. But my chickens are least of my concern right now. I have neighbors that have children that play outside at night sometimes. That is my concern. So if I can kill one(coyote) in a legal manner then yes I will do so. Survival of the fittest, and I am the fittest.

I don't blame you.

After the coon broke into my folks' attic, they called around to see what the best solution would be. They even bought a live trap because they thought maybe they could get them relocated ... you know, live and let live.

But while the person at the county they spoke to couldn't tell them outright to just get rid of the raccoons they trapped, it was strongly hinted they should.

There are a *lot* of raccoons, so they are hardly endangered. They are destructive. They carry disease, not just rabies.

So a few less is no loss.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: InvisibleLady

Harsh! Poor kid didn't ask to be autistic and doesn't always know the repercussions of his behaviour. It should be an honour to be his step-dad, especially since he didn't choose you - his mom did.

So glad you cut him some slack. And I'm glad your parents cut you some slack when you were learning to not do things when a toddler, but understood after being taught.

It's up to you to ensure the safety of your chickens and I would think the door to the coop would be a no-brainer. Rather autistic of you I must say.

Yes, I called my autistic step-son a moron... he left the coop door open, and our best birds were killed.

I made that statement in the heat of the moment. We hadn't lost a single bird to predators for nearly four years. We lost our best laying hens (chickens and ducks), and our best rooster. Losses like that can be tough to swallow. I'm only human.

He has Asperger's. He is very intelligent and well spoken... which masks his diagnosis. It can be quite maddening. From time to time, he can make me so bat-crap crazy that I will get online and call him a moron.

I never meant to offend... I was just venting...

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I hear you. I apologize if I came across too strong. My back got up as he is a child with a condition, but you have explained the heat of the moment and I can relate all so well (I have a husband who does such stuff, and he drives me insane).

It's all good. Here's a beer on me,

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join