It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Canada no one who is not acting as a public servant need pay a parking ticket

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This is quite an amazing piece of law, because if you were not a public servant when you were pulled up for a traffic ticket, it means that you have a legal exemption in the summary conviction court. The trick is that the police or judge is not liable to tell you of your exemptions. If they did the conviction would be pointless as they would loose revenue.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Title is horrendous. I'm reading the post now. ... watching now...
edit on 4-5-2018 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Except that if you don't pay traffic tickets, they'll eventually suspend your drivers license...they are able to makes ones life miserable if they want, and very costly fighting it in court.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Don’t forget to look for gold fringe on the flags in the courthouse. If anybody leaves, yell “MAN OVERBOARD” immediately. Refer to yourself as “Captain” and your vehicle as a ship. Demand three forms of ID from everybody in the courtroom, and refuse to “under stand” anything said.

Always works.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Good thing anyone who not in no Canada no have to deal with not this.

edit on 4-5-2018 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Then you can sue them for harassment, the law is the law, and this is clearly stated without wriggle room.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
Except that if you don't pay traffic tickets, they'll eventually suspend your drivers license...they are able to makes ones life miserable if they want, and very costly fighting it in court.

Yea I was going to say, Canada believe it or not has every loop hole imaginable covered. You seem to have every 'legal' right to live technically 'free', but when it comes to taxes, licenses, rights, and citizenship you are on your own to live off the land, don't go looking for help from any official when you get sick, or into some legal issues.
Now, of course some populations are exempt, but at the end of the day if you want to drive a car (legally) you need to follow the laws, you cant drink and drive or park illegally and get away with it and don't expect to be not dragged away and your car not towed because you used a technicality like this to work around it.
edit on 4-5-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Probably the Common law is the same throughout the English speaking world, but the USA might have the edge with a fairly modern Constitution. But when appearing in Court you have to be well versed in it, and be able to quote past Court cases where the offence you are getting fined for was thrown out. If you know your Law the Police and the Courts will avoid you like the plague because they know if it goes to the Supreme Court they will loose. They Bank on this hoping not many cn be bothered with the hassle.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

You are probably right.
But here in Canada, traffic laws are not a joke, especially in provinces like Ontario, we have the busiest highway system in the world, and of course we have a extremely 'diverse' population where haggling and working your way out situations with favors and deals are the norm. Which is why dash cams are becoming as common as they are in Russia, I have one.

But honestly, at the end of the day, it enforces one rule, don't be stupid while driving. Operating a motor vehicle is not a right it's a privilege, never forget that.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

As long as everyone understands common law, their are two simple principles involved, Do not cause loss, and do not cause another person harm, If you get in a car and drive it not knowing how to do so then you must suffer the consequences. The Yanks are very lucky on having a Constitution but the ironic thing is that most of them are a bit too dumbed down to realize
how powerful it is.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

If you even walk on a public road and you do not pay taxes technically you can be charged in Canada.
Sure you can stake land in the middle of no where, but guess what, you want to use the road ways or tap into the electrcity better pay up like the rest of us.
technically you can build a cabin in the middle of rural Quebec, stake some land and grow some food, but you can't impede on others staked land or government land all the while demanding health care and what not.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Take a parking ticket to the Supreme Court?

Hah! Good one.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

They can charge you, but the warrants all come under Civil law, which has become Corporate law, which comes down to a person entering into litigation under the fiction that you submit to a contract, having never entering into a contract, These are all Statutes which to most part require that you agree by consent, as long as you haven't signed anything to accept consent it cant be inferred. That's why at least under English common law, which is the basis of most of the former dominions. All warrants must be signed by a judge, most are not because a Judge isn't stupid enough to sign them. When these Corporate forms are issued, they look good but most are fraudulent.
The Police forces are Corporations and are registered as such. In Britain the political parties are also registered as Corporations, any dealings involving you require your consent. The upper classes needed this protection under common law as well because they were always pulling tricks on each other, the uneducated masses fell under them as well but didn't realize it because they could hardly spell their own names.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Don’t forget to look for gold fringe on the flags in the courthouse. If anybody leaves, yell “MAN OVERBOARD” immediately. Refer to yourself as “Captain” and your vehicle as a ship. Demand three forms of ID from everybody in the courtroom, and refuse to “under stand” anything said.

Always works.

Shall we pipe you aboard, admiral?

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Oh, good point. I left that out of my earlier post.

Make sure you yell “I do not consent” at every opportunity. That’s a guaranteed way to stop everybody in their tracks and get what you want.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Oh, good point. I left that out of my earlier post.

Make sure you yell “I do not consent” at every opportunity. That’s a guaranteed way to stop everybody in their tracks and get what you want.

And if there's no witnesses, like if a person is pulled over at a traffic stop, or the cops show up at their house, let's see what type of results the non-consenting person gets.....they might just never be seen or heard from again.

A person should never put too much stock in the "lawfulness" of cops....

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I'm 2-1 with the cops in court(not traffic related). If it's 1 cop and you it's "he said she said." Nothing the judge can decide between unless they have something to back up what the cop says.

Traffic tickets are m'eh. Get em, pay em. It's less stressful than fighting them. What pisses me off is the gov't being in bed with private industry. Here they built the 407 toll highway. Sold it to a private company, at a HUGE loss, and if you don't pay the toll they will not allow you to register a vehicle. The problem I've encountered is that I've gotten 3 bills from them that I didn't incur. I just paid the first two but I'll be damned if I'll pay the third. Yup, I can't own a car in Ontario now. F'em. The car's in the wife's name.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Very dramatic implication, but doubtful.

People who try to push the sovereign citizen angle usually record their interactions and put them on YouTube for all the world to see how “successful” they are. Including traffic stops and cops showing up at their house.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You don't have to go to the Supreme Court, you just have to quote cases that are the same charge as yours, which have already been decided by the Supreme Court. Then let the presiding judge decide if he wants to go down that route, with the same outcome, with you acting as your own defense. The cost would be horrendous, and you can then issue a bill for your time and expenses. Which would have to be addressed just like any other attorney would be required to do to get just recompense.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

You don't have to go to the Supreme Court, you just have to quote cases that are the same charge as yours, which have already been decided by the Supreme Court.

Please cite a Supreme Court decision on parking tickets.

edit on 5/5/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join