It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snoop Dogg lightens Kanye West's skin, calls him 'all white now' in Photoshopped Instagram post

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
The problem is Snoop is just not white enough to truly understand the complexities here...

Well what do ya expect out of a thug from compton or the LBC.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

They are also the same race, so in many people's eyes it's not racist.

How does that make any sense? Altering the colour of one's skin as a means of insult is racist. Snoop clearly thinks poorly of people with white skin and possibly even thinks all white people are Trump supporters.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Snoop must be a racist. Don't we all disapprove racism? I think any man who would have photoshopped blackface onto Lincoln would be considered racist. ☆face palm in disbelief of the double stsndard which many bemoan☆

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's free speech, and it's funny.

So Snoop Dog likens free thinking as a racial characteristic and he is against it.

This issue has NOTHING to do with free thinking

It’s about WRONG thinking and RIGHT thinking

Yep. Acknowledging that black people don't HAVE to be or vote Democrat= wrong thinking.

Right thinking= always voting Democrat no matter what and never acknowledging the complete disaster Democrat policies have wrought on the black community.

'Bout sum it up sparky?

Our Overlords would be pleased with Snoop!

edit on 5-5-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I already answered your question.

Political satire.

I'm not Snoop.

Howerver I'm going to infer from the image that.

1. Snoop feels strongly enough to post that image because he feels that Kanye no longer represents the black community.
  2. Snoop may also feel that Kanye has betrayed the black community.
  3. Snoop may also think that Kanye should be thought of as a white man now.

Like me you can read into it what you want. This is my opinion. YMMV.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

• Snoop feels strongly enough to post that image because he feels that Kanye no longer represents the black community.
  • Snoop may also feel that Kanye has betrayed the black community.
  • Snoop may also think that Kanye should be thought of as a white man now.

• I guess Snoop doesn't understand that if a person decides to rely only on Government subsistence is basically making themselves a slave by choice.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:08 PM
    link   
    I am gonna need my safe space after this one.

It is as if some blacks think i am less of a human cause i am white.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:53 PM
    link   
    a reply to: Jefferton

I think that this is the healthiest way to take this subject. With light humor

But to an outsider, it seems like in US it is only expected from white people to take racism against them with humor. When there is racism against black people, then suddenly humor becomes out of place and things will get serious. I don't live in US and have never actually visited US, but it seems like that when consuming US culture. For instance, stand-up comedian acts. Most black comedians laugh over generalized stereotypes of white people. The audience laughs and think that this should be taken lightly. But I NEVER see white comedians, laughing over generalized stereotypes of black people. And why? Because suddenly the comedian would be marked as racist and his jokes would become of bad taste. I think that this is unfair and true racism, where one race is privileged next to other. And this is not justified just because black people suffered from slavery in the past. New crime isn't justified just because the perp. was a victim in the past. I come from a small country that has been occupied by foreign countries for more then 90% of the time during the last 1000 year period. So it is especially hard to make me cry for the sad past of black slavery. We don't cry over our past, but try to get along with our old enemies and build mutually beneficial relations.
    It also seems that racism is mostly a social issue in US. As I have understood, racism is mostly spread among black people who are of low class. They use racism to justify their own failures. "Otherwise I would be successful as f*ck, but the damn white people are to blame of me becoming a low educated criminal". Black people who are smart and successful take racism with healthy light humor as it is expected from white people. They just don't need someone to blame for their failures.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:39 AM
    link   
    a reply to: Xtrozero

What does that have to do with anything I said?

Tangent? The sky is blue?
    edit on 6-5-2018 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:37 AM
    link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
    I am gonna need my safe space after this one.

It is as if some blacks think i am less of a human cause i am white.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:39 AM
    link   

originally posted by: grey580

• Snoop feels strongly enough to post that image because he feels that Kanye no longer represents the black community.
  • Snoop may also feel that Kanye has betrayed the black community.
  • Snoop may also think that Kanye should be thought of as a white man now.

• I guess Snoop doesn't understand that if a person decides to rely only on Government subsistence is basically making themselves a slave by choice.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:56 AM
    link   

originally posted by: eitea

It also seems that racism is mostly a social issue in US. As I have understood, racism is mostly spread among black people who are of low class. They use racism to justify their own failures. "Otherwise I would be successful as f*ck, but the damn white people are to blame of me becoming a low educated criminal". Black people who are smart and successful take racism with healthy light humor as it is expected from white people. They just don't need someone to blame for their failures.

When people see, live, and breath color then there is racism. Much of the professional world jokes about it because they do not see color and find it all rather ignorant. Someone like Snoop has had a life time of making money off of racism, so of course he would work to keep the flame going strong.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:40 PM
    link   

I like your name, but your substance seems lacking.

Did you read Barack Obama's Inauguration Speech?

Might want to give that one a glance over.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:04 PM
    link   

originally posted by: yuppa

The problem is Snoop is just not white enough to truly understand the complexities here...

Well what do ya expect out of a thug from compton or the LBC.

LMFAO Thug? Dude paid off the crips to be allowed to rep them. He was no Gangster or Thug. It was all an Act and still is.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:07 PM
    link   
    Let's switch the race. Let's have a white man make another white man black and see how it is perceived. I bet instead of laughing, people would be screaming racism up n down the block.

Gotta love black privilege.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:24 PM
    link   

Snoop, Kanye, Trump, Obama, Hillary, etc...they share common interests and they share no interests with the rest of us.

Snoop went to Trump’s wedding, in 2005, and was a contestant on The Apprentice, in 2007, where he and Trump appeared to be very good friends.

I’m not buying this bull that Snoop cares about poor, racially profiled black men so much that he hates Trump now.

Please. This Snoop/Trump & Kanye feud is just scripted reality tv show drama, like you would find on The Apprentice and Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:25 PM
    link   

originally posted by: jidnum
    Let's switch the race. Let's have a white man make another white man black and see how it is perceived. I bet instead of laughing, people would be screaming racism up n down the block.

Gotta love black privilege.

Everyone seemed to get a chuckle out of robert downey doing it.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:36 PM
    link   

originally posted by: Archivalist

I like your name, but your substance seems lacking.

Did you read Barack Obama's Inauguration Speech?

Might want to give that one a glance over.

Please indulge me. Obama basically failed at every point... He said one thing then did 180 degrees in his actions his whole 8 years, so as much as I wanted him to succeed he didn't. But hey you know after 4 years he was able to at least say a complete sentence off the teleprompter, so I'll give him that.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:28 AM
    link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Does that mean that snoop thinks being white is a bad thing?

I hope not since it was the "white man" that made Snoop rich & famous

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join