It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make America Dinner Again: Glenn Beck , a transgender male, And a gay Muslim sit down

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So I know a lot of people dont like Beck, I have followed him for most of about 16 years and have seen quite the evolution.

Hes come a long way I feel and i really liked what I saw here. And sincerely feel this is what we need to be doing instead of screaming at each other.

When was the last time you had a face-to-face conversation with someone who doesn’t share your views? Nowadays, it seems like those types of conversations are unpleasant at best and can often lead into tension and anger. Why is it so hard for two people with dissimilar viewpoints or backgrounds to come together and have open, thought-provoking discussions? Sadly, that seems to be the reality of our country today.

That’s why Glenn Beck and Riaz Patel, a two-time Emmy nominated Hollywood producer, gathered a group of diverse Americans, and we do mean diverse — a transgender man, a Christian conservative, a Second Amendment advocate, a liberal college professor, and more — to sit down for dinner and explore their vastly different viewpoints and the sensitive political issues that matter to them most.

Heres a youtube of it i think i found

Please take the time to watch this you dont have to sign up or anything hes made it free for everyone to see.

Link to vid, its not youtube so cant imbed

This is the sort of thing this country needs........not what the rest of the media has been engaging in to divide us

edit on 4/29/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Sorry for the off-topic reply, but I thought maybe Beck was having dinner with the Obama's.

ganjoa

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa
Sorry for the off-topic reply, but I thought maybe Beck was having dinner with the Obama's.

ganjoa

I get the levity, but the sincerity of all this is what needs to happen, thats the only way to heal our country man....

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Cant watch the video right now, but I agree with the idea behind it.

We need to have discussions with people with different opinions.

This is diversity that matters and makes us better.

This is different than the idea of diversity that we often see; that of different skin color sexual preference and other groups.

The idea of having diversity of these categories is good because we incorrectly assume this means diversity of opinions.

Race, gender, sexual preference; none of that matters. Its diversity of thoughts that matter.

So i think its a good thing that beck is talking to people with different thoughts and opinions.

This allows better ideas to rise to the top, and allows a sort of respect for those who disagree with you and a appreciation from why the think the way they do.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yeah for the last two years, hes been really trying to get out of his comfort zone and reach out to people who are diametrically opposed to how he use to think, and to how he still thinks in a lot of areas.

Its been interesting to listen to the guests and stuff hes had on his radio, and the discussions they have had.

Ive gained a lot more respect for him than I ever had for him before, even deep deep in my conservatism, because hes fighting back against the divisive behavior and agenda being pushed by media on both sides......

In many things he still doesnt agree, but the conversations are always civil and enlightening....

Hes actually gone from staunchly against Marijuana legalization just a year ago, to being for it after speaking at length to pro legalization people...

Its really cool, and how we need to be approaching each other these days.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Slightly off topic, but isn't he going out of business and something about having to sell off his private jet?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I used to mock Mr. Beck for his cheezy pandering to his conservative audience.

Not any more! we need more voices like his to bring this country back together.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Slightly off topic, but isn't he going out of business and something about having to sell off his private jet?

Glenn? no they are doing really well, his media company is thriving. They are actually doing some more expanding coming soon.

They just added another aspect to their charity to save sex slaves. And apparently has some more coming in the works as far as charities go apparently...

I know they have added 3 more radio programs to their lineup as well just this year.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I used to mock Mr. Beck for his cheezy pandering to his conservative audience.

Not any more! we need more voices like his to bring this country back together.

Agreed he use to be really really hard lined, and that worked for him for a long time. He talks about that and how he just didnt feel like he was doing what he should be doing......its pretty cool to watch.

he still obviously has really conservative views on many things, but the good part about that is the ability to have views, but not be closed off to change and having a conversation with one another.

Youre not always going to agree with someone, but like they said in the video, what we need to remember is despite having opposing opinion, we have to remember our humanity, and work to bring that back into the world

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa

ganjoa

But make fun of Melania' accent or she was a paid entertainer, all hell breaks loose...

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Definitely need more of this, or like in my grandparents day neighbors sitting on the front porch, pitcher of sweet tea and talking.

Till folks start listening to each other we are well and truly screwed.
Eta: beck had fallen off my radar but I do remember bout 4 years or so ago when an F5 tornado ripped through Oklahoma his group had semis full of supplies rolling into the area within 36 hours or so.
edit on 29-4-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

He did do a BIG lay off back in the summer I think it was. I know the media (mostly left) reported it as he was going broke.

The real reason however , is that most of those lay offs were hard lined people that werent in line with the new direction they wanted to go, which is basically what this video encapsulates.....

They were more the old guard "Fox" type people, and he didnt want to play that game anymore

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

beck had fallen off my radar but I do remember bout 4 years or so ago when an F5 tornado ripped through Oklahoma his group had semis full of supplies rolling into the area within 36 hours or so.

Yeah they do that for just about every catastrophe that hits, I was in Houston not long after the Hurricane helping family and we saw several of their Semis and trucks through out town helping with supplies and clean up.....

A couple of months ago they actually lost some personnel in a gunfight down in south america, working to get sex slaves out of the area....they do a lot of stuff....

He has a lot of haters that never want to admit the good things hes done, mostly because they want to keep their politics in tact and have a boogy man......

Its easier to demonize someone you dont agree with , than to admit they might not be as bad as you thought they were...
edit on 4/29/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

— a transgender man, a Christian conservative, a Second Amendment advocate, a liberal college professor, and more — to sit down for dinner and explore their vastly different viewpoints and the sensitive political issues that matter to them most.

Will it be Glenn Beck playing each role, like in the Nutty Professor?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

— a transgender man, a Christian conservative, a Second Amendment advocate, a liberal college professor, and more — to sit down for dinner and explore their vastly different viewpoints and the sensitive political issues that matter to them most.

Will it be Glenn Beck playing each role, like in the Nutty Professor?

Or you could actually watch it and knock off the schtick for 20 min?

Just a suggestion...

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well, having a civil convo among a diverse bunch isn't a bad thing, as long as everyone sticks to the real meaning of diversity. I get tired of hearing diversity being thrown around as being only people leftists like and agree with.

On another note, Beck used to be real good at connecting the dots of corruption in high places. I used to enjoy watching his segments with the chalkboard etc. He'd have a blast in the Q threads here.

After that Era though, it seemed to me like he just sorta snapped. Went a little lala...Hope this new gig works out for him.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Well, having a civil convo among a diverse bunch isn't a bad thing, as long as everyone sticks to the real meaning of diversity. I get tired of hearing diversity being thrown around as being only people leftists like and agree with.

On another note, Beck used to be real good at connecting the dots of corruption in high places. I used to enjoy watching his segments with the chalkboard etc. He'd have a blast in the Q threads here.

After that Era though, it seemed to me like he just sorta snapped. Went a little lala...Hope this new gig works out for him.

yeah he went through a rough patch for sure.........hes actually back to doing that again....which is really cool to watch, and interesting....

Hes brought his chalk board back out lol

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Its just sad that politically divisive posts , that pit us against each other get more attention , than political posts that actually unite us........

I guess in some ways were not so dif than the MSM, yet so many of us claim different........

Heres to hoping we find meaningful change in how we approach things

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Its just sad that politically divisive posts , that pit us against each other get more attention , than political posts that actually unite us........

I guess in some ways were not so dif than the MSM, yet so many of us claim different........

Heres to hoping we find meaningful change in how we approach things

What else did you expect on ATS. I look forward to watching and I'll post a bit later.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I agree.

I seek out alternate viewpoints when i can. On FB i am in groups that are hard alt right, extremely progressive, libertarian, some folks who just hate religion, some religious groups...

Some of it is me not wanting the social media echo chamber. Some of it is me trying to be unpredictable to throw off Zuccs algorithms. But opposing viewpoints need to be heard.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join