It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrant caravan reaches US, Mexico border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

(Foxnews.com)-A group of about 50 Central American migrants who fled southern Mexico in late March have reportedly reached the U.S. border and plan to seek asylum.

.........................“Since yesterday, some began to cross into the United States to turn themselves in from Tijuana and request asylum. We understand more of (the migrants) will do the same,” Jose Maria Garcia, director of Juventud 2000, an organization dedicated to assisting migrants, told Reuters.

www.foxnews.com...

Live stream here

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well, at least these people are going to the place to seek a legal way in. I have no problem with that. I know we cannot take in everyone, but maybe we should start to figure something out. There should be a holding facility till they can vett these people properly and make sure they have some shelter and food.

If they are too demanding and pushy, turn them around and send them back, we already have too many demanding and pushy people here already.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
oh good, I'm sure they will raise my taxes to offer them all kinds of economic incentives I can't get myself

it's the American way!

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The big problem is there are 100s of people to mentor them in exactly what to say to seek asylum from countries not in war etc. More caravans coming and they come traveling across all of Mexico, so what is Mexico doing in all this at their southern border?
edit on 29-4-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I saw the "legal experts" from California last night on a livestream telling them what to say... really? Aiding and abetting them to subvert our immigration laws?
If the law is no longer the law, why should I obey the law (re taxes) ? In obeying the law I am forced to give aid and comfort to those NOT obeying the law ?
NOT one more freaking penny should be spent on this bunch or any other until our own house is in order.
This bunch should all be turned back... Mexico let them in, Mexico needs to deal with them.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
so much crying over fifty people in distress?

let them in, let them stay.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

Sure, ok, can they stay with you then?

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

originally posted by: fiverx313

Weird all of these caring loving people that want to let anyone in never puts them up isn’t it?

Why don’t we put these folks up in Martha’s Vineyard, or any neighborhood where all of the celebs and politicians that care for these people so much live

Oh that’s right, they live in gated communities and don’t want a bunch of poor immigrants in their community

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

They probably have family or friends in the US with which they would rather stay. Probably why they decided to turn down the asylum offered by Mexico, which is what Mexico did, for the post asking about that earlier.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

They probably have family or friends in the US with which they would rather stay. Probably why they decided to turn down the asylum offered by Mexico, which is what Mexico did, for the post asking about that earlier.

Yes like is said over and over again, this proves these people are not refugees

If these victims were offered asylum in a country but walked right in through refusing it, it proves they are economic migrants and not refugees

So sorry, but go through the legal channels to come in like all economic migrants

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You can say whatever you want as many times as you want but you don't decide who fulfills the requirements to receive asylum and who doesn't.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
lol, i like how since i'm not putting up all 50 people in my spare room i'm a hypocrite. you people are truly incredible.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Grambler

You can say whatever you want as many times as you want but you don't decide who fulfills the requirements to receive asylum and who doesn't.

You are right

That’s the corrupt politicians from both sides that want cheap labor for their wealthy friends

I will chose to fight against that, you can defend them under the guise of being a good person if you want

Meanwhile do some good and sponsor some of these poor victim illegals yourself
edit on 29-4-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
looking at this situation closer, this caravan isn't some protest or whatever, the media has just been exploiting their situation to politicize the issue while ignoring the situation going on where these people are coming from, never mentioning the record levels of violence and gang activity they are trying to escape or the fact that these caravans are nothing new or that they've gotten larger every year the past few years(since trump got elected) and that most of them are accepted into america.

i think trumps statements on illegal immigration, criminals and gangs made people in these central american countries get a sense of security and were inspired to seek asylum from the gangs and criminals causing them so much grief. i could be wrong but humans by nature seek strong more traditional leadership in hard times even if they are a terrible person or a dictator.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
You are right

That’s the corrupt politicians from both sir s that want cheap labor for their wealthy friends

Actually, it is up to the immigration judges.

I will chose to fight against that, you can defend them under the guise of being a good person if you want

You are not fighting, just arguing.

Pointing out that they are acting within the legal parameters of the laws in effect doesn't make me a good person.

Meanwhile do some good and sponsor some of these poor victim illegals yourself

I live in central america, where they were running from, so that isn't an option.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

The summer flood tide of migrants has just begun.

What a mess.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

With Over 29,000 Homicides, 2017 Was Mexico's Most Violent Year on Record. I'm for a wall, but also for legal immigration for obvious reasons. It's a concern that the Mexican Gov aren't doing more, and it's gonna spill over the border until it's dealt with.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Well if you live in Central America please do more to help these people so they don’t have to seek refuge

I don’t mean spend your money or anything, but try to work to change the corruption in those countries so that good people don’t need to flee

I will continue to try to hold my government accountable to make sure this country doesn’t become a place that is not desirable, and will argue for my government looking after all of its legal residents before accepting economic migrants like these

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Well there ya go people. Possibly the dumbest thing said today on ATS. So if someone is working and paying taxes somehow yours will go up? That logic seems flawed unless they are dipping into a legal system that you don't like. If you don't like the system feel free to GTFO.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Oh and now those caring loving Canadian politicians want the USA to be more strict in enforcing their immigration laws because Canada is running out of resources for these illegals

www.dailywire.com...

Funny how only the USA is expected to not enforce their borders

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join