It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defining a win between Trump and North Korea..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
So what would be a win for the US and what would be a win for North Korea??

A win for North Korea would be and always has been international recognition and the west lifting samctions AND the get to keep their nuclear program.

A win for the US where North Korea is concerned has always been Nuclear disarmament..

It is the only real goal the US has had this whole time.

So if trump gets them to disband their nuclear program. It will be a monumental “history book” level achievement. A hands down win everyone will have to applaud..

HOWEVER, if trump normalizes relations and let’s him keep his nukes.. especially if that also includes lifting sanctions and a pay off.. ten times a win if America pulls all its troops out of South Korea..

Then that is a no question win for Kim..

If the US was willing to let him keep his nukes and drop sanctions and such, ANY president could have let Kim beat them lol.

I just think we should keep in mind how a win would be defined before people start claiming a lose is a win..

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Great summation.

Lets go one step further.....and Make sure the USA disbands all its Nuclear weapons as well....a win/win for the World.

Lets face it, having 6000 nuclear weapons in one country (USA), is ridiculous.....Do you know how many crazies live there?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I'm not quite sure why people think that each country's pursuit of nukes are individual in nature?

It's not like these country's that want and work towards nuke programs are able to just purchase a do it yourself nuke kit and supplies to achieve the ingredients to produce nukes. No, it is a very small community within the weaponized nuke world, and the concepts of a rogue nuke nation running wild is more accurate to science fiction at this point than it could be reality.

Think about it... Clinton gave NK the keys and finances to start working on these wished for nukes. Had Clinton never sent funds and cronies to feed NK's the ability to even think about nukes than there'd be fewer people thinking that somehow NK is capable of acting alone on actions in terms of nuke capabilities.

www.heritage.org...

Nuke programs in country's are like private banks operating under the guise of national interests. People seemingly think they are domains of government entities, but it's more likely being steered and tinkered with by the select few who have influence over hot fusion technology usages.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Trump blew those nuke bunkers sky high last year.

All of a sudden, NK is opening up.

Now what?

😁

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
A win for N Korea, God help us all, would be pretending to denuclearize.

He’s only going to stop testing. I highly doubt he will get rid of his nukes.

Of course Trump will take all the credit and pat himself on the back. Gee that arm of his must be in pain from all that back patting he does.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Trump will lose, it's going to fail and he looks bad, it succeeds and costs the US billions in aid and never ending complex issues with Kim

There is no win

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Absolutely..

If trump really wanted to make the history books he would add another step in between the president and nukes. A committee that had to approve their use after the president does. .

Either that or we should have conquered the world and never let anyone else have them.. a large scale exchange IS THE GREATER EVIL.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Wah wah wah...

That's all that's going on here.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

yeah and nobody batted an eye when it happened that supposedly had NK back. plus he's probably having trouble these days purchasing from others like he used to the primary charge. so no booms only fizzles.

his best bet now is to make peace with south korea. use that as a buffer to get the USA to stand down. use that stand down as an excuse to stop perusing nukes. finagle a little bit of economic, fuel and food aid. then go back to his people as a "hero" and "supreme leader" that was able to get NK recognized by the world and brought NK to its "golden age" and massage his ego. truth is its good for NK. it's good for SK who don't have to worry about Seoul getting artilleried into oblivion. its good for china because it gets their thorn out of their side. its good for the usa cause they dont have to waste resources on NK. and it brings a little stability to the world to offer the other nations clandestinely giving NK critical components for their nukes a different more tenable strategic partnership and gets some pressure off them. even if that whole part is kept hush hush from the public.
edit on 28-4-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

WHAT?!?!

North Korea obtained nukes 6 YEARS into W. Bush’s Presidency...

That is the biggest crock in history..

Bush is the last president that had a chance to stop NK from getting nukes..

Jesus Christ people will fall for ANYTHING..

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

What?!?!

You mean Kim punked trump out after his “fire and fury” comment and now is about to pull out of South Korea and leave Kim his nukes..

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Aka trump will OK him keeping his nuclear program..

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Agreed

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The only way to win nuclear war is...

Not to play.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

This will be interesting to see how people on this thread define wins.

A denuclearized and at Peace North Korea is the win.

Everything else can be worked out. We can denuclearize the Peninsula as part of that, we don't need Nuclear Weapons on Korean soil, a Boomer off the coast will work until North Korea's Army isn't a threat and Peace breaks out.

Getting Kim to give up Godhood and rebuild NK will be just as hard a task.

I'm more confident that at anytime in my lifetime, we are close to peace in Korea. Still not out of the woods, but it's the best chance I've ever seen.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

he obtained nukes not made. critical components for the nukes, the parts that actually make them go boom, NK purchased from a foreign nation. north korea hasn't been able to and is currently incapable of building those components. so with their current stockpile gone, the jerks he relied on in the past to purchase those components compelled not to do so anymore, NK is kinda stuck with nothing now. and the usa has demonstrated that we can and intend to wipe them out if they so much as flinch. not sure how you haven't grasped that part yet.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

What?!?!

You mean Kim punked trump out after his “fire and fury” comment and now is about to pull out of South Korea and leave Kim his nukes..

or Kim shat a brick when he heard trump was going to sic Bolton on him. that coupled with a history lesson and a strong message from the CIA has got Kim to suddenly go "hey, wait, wait guys let's talk this out here"
edit on 28-4-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

My point about Bill Clinton giving NK 4 billion dollars and the recipe to enrich uranium was to point out that it might be flawed to say that the U.S.'s goal the whole time was to disarm their nuke abilities. Seriously... how stupid was the U.S. to offer the resources to create exactly what they claim they want to put an end to?

I don't care who the first or last chance to stop NK was. I think it's kind of absurd that the U.S. is so worried about worldly happenings when the U.S. can't even clean its own back yard.

The real win for the U.S. as far as government is concerned is that its citizens piss and moan about what a puny/broke hermit nation is up to... inducing false fears into their lives.

There's a lot to be had with this debate, but I sense that it's already being steered by over emotion. I highly doubt the answer to such worldly dilemmas lay within this thread, so if it was meant to be a rant session masked with a question you are operating a wonderful thread here.

One last thing. If people will believe anything, than why are you being so combative with what I am saying instead of just agreeing with everything I am saying... or that your OP is flawed?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: gort51

Absolutely..

If trump really wanted to make the history books he would add another step in between the president and nukes. A committee that had to approve their use after the president does. .

Either that or we should have conquered the world and never let anyone else have them.. a large scale exchange IS THE GREATER EVIL.

Kinda defeats the purpose.
If the enemy can nuke DC and the commitee before they give the approval to launch then they have won. This makes Nuclear war MORE likely.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
US. goals has always been to stop them from building nukes. Now they are building missiles to deliver those weapons. With nothing but time to slow them down.

At this point in time we have lost are losing also failed in are goal.
Everything done in the past failed to achieve the stoppage of a Nuclear N. Korea .

Now the bar has been moved to total dis-armament for Pres. Trump .
Seems to be a really Un-achievable goal to win.

Since that ain't never going to happen .

new topics

top topics

join