It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive attack and DNA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
"Massive Attack have marked the passing of 20 years since the release of Mezzanine by encoding the album into DNA. This is the first time that an entire album has been stored in this way

In 1998 Mezzanine became the first album to be made available as a free stream from the internet using Real Audio player.

Today, on the anniversary of it’s release the process of writing the DNA has begun - an acknowledgement that it could be an answer to the problem of archiving the increasing amount of information that the world is creating.

Robert Del Naja is especially interested in the idea that the synthesised DNA can be added to paint or ink and where that might lead in the creation of art and artefacts.

Massive Attack employs technology developed at ETH Zurich by Professor Robert Grass and his team. They also partner with the Zurich-based company Turbobeads and the U.S. company, CustomArray to realise the project"

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Cant mention the Legends without a brief reminder for others, any excuse to post this tune is good enough for me

and then A great track from the Album Mezzanine

edit on 28-4-2018 by UpIsNowDown because: link

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

Massive Attack are one of those bands from my youth I still love today. The mind boggles at how this will work.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I freaking love the album, Mezzanine.

One of the best "make out" albums out there.

Makes sense they'd encode it into DNA, due to all the DNA I've spilled to it.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I'm glad you linked Angel. That song can be the backdrop for nearly anything!

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

That's wild.

My favorite Massive Attack song, remixed by Zeds Dead:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
A groundbreaking album, an unprecedented merging of music and life force? Had the overwhelming joy of seeing them at the Hollywood Bowl in the mid 2000s. I cried all during Teardrop. a reply to: DpatC

top topics

join