It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby Found Guilty in Sexual-Assault Trial

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: twohawks
a reply to: 3n19m470

You gotta think that with 60, count them, 60 different accusers all over the place, that this jury finally got one right. Hala friggin luya.

Is that what it takes? 60 accusations?
I don't think this case is going to stand up to the appeal, nor should it.

The bottom line is that no one should ever have the right to be believed and it's very dangerous to start convicting people based on accusations with little to no evidence.

I rather suspect that Cosby is indeed guilty, but that shouldn't be the basis of a conviction - or even a charge.
edit on 27/4/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
If you want people to believe women who come forward with accusations, then you have to stop women from coming forward with false accusations.

If I want people to believe I don't steal, I have to not get caught shoplifting.

think what you want, but by the logic of your first statement, wouldn't no one have to get caught shoplifting if we were to believe that you don't steal? why are women a monolithic group but YOU get to stand on your own?

you're essentially saying you don't have to believe anyone unless we do the impossible to satisfy you. so... i won't worry about changing your mind, but i also won't be worrying about what you think, because there's obviously nothing that would satisfy your unreasonable standards.
edit on 27-4-2018 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Finally, college students are starting to figure out and accept, that many top celebrities participate in sordid activities that ruin people's lives.

Students at the University of Chicago caused an R Kelly concert to be cancelled, because evidence is growing that R Kelly enslaves people for sex.

www.nbcchicago.com...

This was the top story on local Chicago news tonight.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

yeah, still deeply unsettling.

thanks for trying though

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

you're essentially saying you don't have to believe anyone unless we do the impossible to satisfy you.

Proof isn't normally an impossibility in other cases.

But after watching many times more than a mere 60 women launch assaults at one person or another with no proof, no evidence, only an accusation that was used to destroy their lives for politics, profit, or personal vendettas... not only in national news, but also in local news and in person...

Yep.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Sillyolme

The best stand up routine ever.

I was a fan for many years. ...just goes to show how little we know of our celebs that we have a really bad habit of putting on pedestals.

Is that the case or did he change over the decades? People DO change.

When his son was killed there was a huge change and he sort of dropped off the map.

Then years later the accusations started coming in.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I always wondered about that, if it was "payback" or if the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It was a mugging.

They caught the guy and it was pretty straightforward.

Mugger saw a guy changing a flat tire thought it was an easy target and winds up killing him.

No payback that I know of.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Well just wait twenty years, then someone comes out of the wood work and accuses you of rape on a drug fuelled night that you don't remember. You would look as dumbstruck as Cosby does.

Well isnt that what he was paid for.....where he made all his money from

Its called *ACTING*

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Edit: NVM the redneck is right... At this point how do I know anything really?
edit on 28-4-2018 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: roguetechie

Edit: NVM the redneck is right... At this point how do I know anything really?

Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Pretty much... And my realization that my own hatred of Cosby for his hypocrisy wrt the 2nd amendment (he was a life long concealed weapon permit holder but he didn't want you or I to even be able to own guns at all) pretty much primed me to believe the absolute worst about him.

I still hate the freedom hating hypocrite piece of S*** but that doesn't make him a rapist.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Hate that really used to like the guy back in the day when he was funny and not so rapey.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I can't and won't speak for all, but will use the word "we" just because maybe some people on here or not can relate.

I think we are torn on this entire thing because Bill was someone who was part of our TV family as we grew up. He was a very popular name, seemingly kind, funny, always had a spark of positivity in his eyes, his TV show had some good life lessons, was an all American family going through life.... I too understand the "I feel sad/torn " feelings about this because it's akin to a life long "father or grandfather or awesome uncle" from one's childhood/teens etc that you realize wasn't as kind. And your brain wants to deny it. I'll be like a poster above said and remember him as the funny Coz.

It's a sad shame all around. Many folks saw him as a TV friend /family member. And some had to becone survivors of a horrifying experience no one wishes on any one.

Just shows the face shown isn't always the true person within.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
guilty or not Harvey Weinstein still skipping along the sidewalk with an 8 year old.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It's amazing to see how effective MSM is in silencing Constand's plans of 'framing' a celebrity for a big payout!

How much money did she make, aside from an anchor for herself in the M2 movement?

And what about there being a retrial since Cosby's key witness's testimony about Constand planning to frame a celeb was swept under the rug?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join