It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Ronny Jackson withdraws as Trump’s nominee to lead Veterans Affairs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
So you made it to the rank of general? You’re speaking from your years of experience commanding a unit or platoon? And all your years as a physician? How did that go?

Fact is you know nothing about either position because you have never even been close to them. You are in no position to say what a general or physicians responsibilities are.

Lol! You are too funny. Get a better come back. Pointing this out about me makes your position even worse than mine since you have less experience than I do in these matters.

You just don’t like the guy because trump picked him. You won’t like the next pick either.... just wait.

*eyeroll* "I have no argument so I'm going to make this about the OP instead of coming up with a legit reason why the OP is wrong" That's you right now. Like, with the childish way you are attacking my argument, it makes me think the only reason YOU support this guy is because Trump picked him and are therefore projecting your own argument onto me.
edit on 26-4-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Ronny Jackson withdraws as Trump’s nominee to lead Veterans Affairs

Ronny L. Jackson, President Trump’s embattled nominee to lead the Department of Veterans Affairs, withdrew from consideration Thursday amid mushrooming allegations of professional misconduct that raised questions about the White House vetting process.

“The allegations against me are completely false and fabricated,” Jackson said in a statement. “If they had any merit, I would not have been selected, promoted and entrusted to serve in such a sensitive and important role as physician to three presidents over the past 12 years.”

Jackson’s nomination had become imperiled even before Capitol Hill Democrats on Wednesday released new allegations of professional misconduct. The claims include that Jackson, the White House physician, had wrecked a government vehicle after getting drunk at a Secret Service going-away party.

The allegations were contained in a two-page document described by the Democratic staff of the Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee as a summary of interviews with 23 of Jackson’s current and former colleagues. The document also described Jackson’s “pattern” of handing out medication with no patient history, writing himself prescriptions and contributing to a hostile work environment with “a constant fear of reprisal.”

Veteran advocates and many lawmakers also had expressed concerns about Jackson’s lack of management experience, and some have worried that he would capitulate to President Trump’s goal of outsourcing more veteran services.

Good. Just because this guy is a doctor doesn't mean he is qualified to lead the VA. Of course he continues to deny the allegations, but at least he did the right thing and withdrew his nomination.

I'd withdraw after the media character assassination. I bet he thought it wouldn't be a problem since the all mighty Obama endorsed him and was used in past administrations. But suddenly he's the candy man for pills.

I don't blame the guy at all for withdrawing

Who would... except the OP.... fact is this is why a lot of people turn down these types of positions. No matter who is president and asking them. The circus in the house and senate can drag any unsubstantiated claim and throw it in your face and your have to answer it. Not to mention the MSM who can basically slander you with no recourse. Not one person breathing on earth is a saint. Who wants that kind of aggravation for a measly 100 k a year.
edit on 26-4-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Ronny L. Jackson, President Trump’s embattled nominee to lead the Department of Veterans Affairs, withdrew from consideration Thursday amid mushrooming allegations of professional misconduct that raised questions about the White House vetting process.

“The allegations against me are completely false and fabricated,” Jackson said in a statement. “If they had any merit, I would not have been selected, promoted and entrusted to serve in such a sensitive and important role as physician to three presidents over the past 12 years.”

Jackson’s nomination had become imperiled even before Capitol Hill Democrats on Wednesday released new allegations of professional misconduct. The claims include that Jackson, the White House physician, had wrecked a government vehicle after getting drunk at a Secret Service going-away party.

The allegations were contained in a two-page document described by the Democratic staff of the Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee as a summary of interviews with 23 of Jackson’s current and former colleagues. The document also described Jackson’s “pattern” of handing out medication with no patient history, writing himself prescriptions and contributing to a hostile work environment with “a constant fear of reprisal.”

Veteran advocates and many lawmakers also had expressed concerns about Jackson’s lack of management experience, and some have worried that he would capitulate to President Trump’s goal of outsourcing more veteran services.

Good. Just because this guy is a doctor doesn't mean he is qualified to lead the VA. Of course he continues to deny the allegations, but at least he did the right thing and withdrew his nomination.

I'd withdraw after the media character assassination. I bet he thought it wouldn't be a problem since the all mighty Obama endorsed him and was used in past administrations. But suddenly he's the candy man for pills.

Since when did Obama endorse him to be the head of the VA? Do you have a source for that?

I don't blame the guy at all for withdrawing

Me neither. He made the right call since he knows deep down he'd be in WAY over his head and out of his element trying to head up the VA.

(post by GuidedKill removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Handbags at ten paces gentleman....

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not the VA this is the first he's been nominated. I dunno if he's good for the position for the VA and now we'll never really know

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Not the VA this is the first he's been nominated. I dunno if he's good for the position for the VA and now we'll never really know

So don't say that Obama endorsed him if you know it isn't true.

I've already stated several times in the thread that he can continue to be the WH physician. He has served Bush and Obama and was serving Trump up until this nomination. I see no reason to question his qualifications there. His drunk driving accusations are worrying, but for now I see no issue with him continuing to serve in the capacity he was traditionally doing.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I'm on my phone right now. I can message you a source later. But yes he had a job review from obama and was nothing but positive about his work ethic and job performance.
edit on 26-4-2018 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I'm on my phone right now. I can message you a source later. But yes he had a job review from obama and was nothing but positive about his work ethic and job performance.

Job review for what? If it wasn't for administering the VA or some other large bureaucratic department than it is irrelevant to this discussion.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Well I'm glad.

Who cares about Vets?

Get some asshole that knows # about the VA and put them in there.

Like a dem or something.

(post by burgerbuddy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

So don't say that Obama endorsed him if you know it isn't true.

I've already stated several times in the thread that he can continue to be the WH physician. He has served Bush and Obama and was serving Trump up until this nomination. I see no reason to question his qualifications there. His drunk driving accusations are worrying, but for now I see no issue with him continuing to serve in the capacity he was traditionally doing.

[SNIPPED]

I plead the fif!

edit on 4.27.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Well I'm glad.

Who cares about Vets?

Like a dem or something.

Why can't we have someone who knows about the VA and ALSO has bureaucratic management experience? Why are you treating this as an either/or situation? There are 300 million plus people in our country and you HONESTLY think this guy is the best for the job? Trump can't spend a bit of time actually putting in some effort to find an ACTUAL experienced person?

Why does this have to be a partisan debate? I haven't brought up any preference for democrat or republican representatives, so why are you bringing them up? Hell, the way I see things, restricting your decisions to partisan teamplayers is only going to make the pool of available peoples shallower. (also same argument for Trump's tendency to only nominate "yes" men).

Whether you are aware of this or not, I'm a veteran. I have a vested interest in the VA being ran well.
edit on 26-4-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

To be fair it looks like he achieved the rank of admiral primarily due to being part of the President's medical staff.

He joined the Navy in '95, but first had to do a one year internship. After that it looks like he had a number of instructor roles and was a safety officer a couple of times. Between '01 and '04 he was doing his residency. In '05 he was deployed to Iraq as the emergency medicine physician in charge of resuscitative medicine for a forward deployed Surgical Shock Trauma Platoon. So he did get a little leadership experience there, but in '06 he was recalled to the US to act as a physician to the President.

Nobody is making admiral in only 11 years of service. Especially when you're on school for four of those years.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

So, knock of the bickering and political jabs!!!!!!!!!!!
All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Well I'm glad.

Who cares about Vets?

Like a dem or something.

Why can't we have someone who knows about the VA and ALSO has bureaucratic management experience? Why are you treating this as an either/or situation? There are 300 million plus people in our country and you HONESTLY think this guy is the best for the job? Trump can't spend a bit of time actually putting in some effort to find an ACTUAL experienced person?

PS: Why does this have to be a partisan debate? I haven't brought up any preference for democrat or republican representatives, so why are you bringing them up? Hell, the way I see things, restricting your decisions to partisan teamplayers is only going to make the pool of available peoples shallower. (also same argument for Trump's tendency to only nominate "yes" men).

Sure, just get someone that has run a bureaucracy, with 350,000 employees.

Should be easy, must be plenty of people out there.

Look how well obama did without even running a lemonade stand.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Sure, just get someone that has run a bureaucracy, with 350,000 employees.

Should be easy, must be plenty of people out there.

Well there are plenty of management positions within local, state, and federal bureaucracies that require leadership of a large part that organization. It may not translate to exactly the size of managing the VA, but it is better than no experience managing a bureaucracy whatsoever.

Look how well obama did without even running a lemonade stand.

Obama pulled us out of the worst recession since the 1930's. It's hard to make an honest comment about him screwing the country up unless you are severely partisan biased (furthermore he was a US Senator before being elected). I have a better example for you though. Donald J. Trump.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Obama got him his star in 2016, if memory serves.

Point remains that he doesn't appear to have ever commanded a unit larger than a platoon-level outfit and, near as I can figure, he commanded a section within the platoon rather than the shock trauma platoon itself.

By all accounts he appears to be a great doctor, but he hasn't been in charge of anything large-scale.

And he's a goddamn Admiral, not a General. The continued calling him a general is mind-boggling. (not you, X)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Was a credit to his profession and the uniform.

Until the left got a hold of him for daring to be employed while Trump is president.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join