It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A collection of spiritual short stories...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
There's a website that I come back to time and time again, the site houses a collection of spiritual short stories of various kinds.

I find it interesting because it has stories from a wide range of traditions, parables that I may not have necessary come across otherwise.The novelty of the some of the stories are good for thought, and often reassuring when I'm feeling down.The site is helpful for getting one's mind off things or a simple dose of inspiration.

The Donkey In The Well is one of my favourites.

There's quite a few gems to be found, consider checking it out sometime.

www.Spiritual-Short-Stories.com

edit on 25-4-2018 by dffrntkndfnml because: Removed ex tags and went with link instead, due to the short length of the story.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Thanks for this info. I love those little pearls of wisdom.
The Donkey in the Well is a good story.

I also liked this one a lot:
It Will Pass

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

You're welcome.I like that one too.

These kinds of short stories are helpful, I've shared ones that stick out with others, they can cheer someone up while keeping things simple.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Very cool i like random bits of wisdom, i shall take a look 👍

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml
That is an effed up spiritual story. The guy and his neighbors chip in to kill the donkey rather than save it ??

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml
That is an effed up spiritual story. The guy and his neighbors chip in to kill the donkey rather than save it ??

I think the story is about providence. The donkey was saved, and the cruel humans hopefully learned a lesson.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Imo, it's the point is along the lines of ColeYounger's comment.

This tale came to mind, having most recently talked with one of my kids. I picture the well being very deep, the farmer and his friends giving up on the donkey after exhausting themselves trying to figure how to help.

Donkeys are stereotypically portrayed as dumb beasts of burden, this story reminds me that raw determination and being in the moment can help overcome what appears to be a hopeless situation.

Idk, it's easy to underestimate ourselves, but depending on the King, the fool my be smarter then we think

Here's another story that I come back to:
Stone and the flower

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Like the short stories!

new topics

top topics

join