It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"My God, it's full of stars!"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Every single time I have gone hunting in the rockies I always ended up missing more days hunting because I cant tear myself away from star watching till late at night.

Its 100% worth it, 10k + elevation no lights to interfere and clear skies its something else to see.

Pics or it didn’t happen

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Pfft when hunting Elk I don't carry anything that's not vital for hunting them, my middle aged butt is getting to creeky to chase them things all over the mountains.

Northern Colorado, Southern Wyoming is amazingly beautiful, cant wait to finish moving back into the states and head back to that area for hunting season.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I downloaded this last night, the default DL, which I believe is the smallest, is about a gig. They get bigger from there, depending on the data you want to add in o.O It's a big program no matter how you slice it, if you have an internet data cap, allot accordingly!

I have to agree that it's not very intuitive, you either have to have a very good idea of where you're wanting to click to recenter the target icon, or I think you can also input the coordinates for stars/planets/moons/etc. I haven't tried that yet, I'd be lost if I did, I think.

Even if it's a little hard to get the hang of, it sucked me in for over an hour anyway. It's a VERY cool program to feel minuscule in. IMO, it's only going to get refined & become better over time.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
“Looking at the stars always makes me dream, as simply as I dream over the black dots representing towns and villages on a map. Why, I ask myself, shouldn’t the shining dots of the sky be as accessible as the black dots on the map of France?"

- Vincent van Gogh
edit on 26-4-2018 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: solve
No zoom feature or vr. Just a little different view

www.theverge.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

On a cold, clear Nov. night high up in the Oregon Blues, most everything takes a backseat to the wonder and majesty that is our minuscule view of the grandeur that is the Universe.

It is possible to overload on it. Spending an evening/night wrapped in a blanket, beside a campfire that is all warm red embers just watching the procession of stars wheel over head.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

"In my Father's house are many mansions..."

How can one look upon the wonder that is the Universe, regardless of ones belief, and not, for one second, believe that there is, indeed, an artist at work on a canvas?

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I tell you the truth, the deeper I get into science, the more I realize this is not just one big accident.

But to each their own.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Oh, I agree whole-heartedly with you.

But, as you say, to each his own.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It's stuff like this that gets me excited for the James Webb Telescope to be open for business.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
How can one look upon the wonder that is the Universe, regardless of ones belief, and not, for one second, believe that there is, indeed, an artist at work on a canvas?

Patterns arise from chaos, and human beings have evolved to see patterns. Art is something designated as such by an artist, and usually is an interpretation of something else.

And as visually striking as it may be, it really is only a small percentage of actual reality that we can perceive. Is something art if it's never experienced by a viewer?

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
Wow, you can feel and get since of depth in that image, like we're just a molecule in the cloud of a fish fart hovering in the sea water.

Best quotable post of the day here!

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

And God exists in all the Multiverses. What a mind blow!

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
My own neighborhood is so infested with light pollution, that I occasionally have to travel to the boonies of Western Maryland, USA; just to appreciate the grandeur of our Milky Way and the observable Universe

top topics

<< 1   >>

join