It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Port Authority Commissioner resigns after traffic stop video is released

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

If that lady was black shed be dead

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Yep... They should have arrested her for interfering with a police officer. ..the moment she walked up and didn't comply to go back to her vehicle.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Sure thing man

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Isn't there some law she was breaking?

I don't know about the law in the US, but in the UK I believe her conduct would have been seen as 'obstruction of justice', which is an arrestable offence.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The Commish released a statement finally.

She apologized for her tone, then said she did nothing wrong. She made no attempt to use her position to influence anybody, and she urges Tenafly Police to review their policies and training on de-escalation.

Because apparently the two officers involved escalated things.

Her statement.

(post by buddha removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I'd nominate her for the "Throat-Punch Awards".

What a bitch!

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

She apologized for her tone, then said she did nothing wrong. She made no attempt to use her position to influence anybody, and she urges Tenafly Police to review their policies and training on de-escalation.

Her statement.

Wow, this woman has absolutely no grasp on reality.

It actually physically pains me to know I'm stuck on this rock with people that obtuse.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Her statement.

Wow has she got a set of balls...

Did nothing wrong? I seriously doubt the officers were going to just leave them on the highway. I also noticed she focused solely on the illegal tint and yet completely omitted the fact the vehicle was not lawfully registered.

My only question is how the officers were able to issues a citation for failing to register a vehicle (expired tags). The vehicle is from Nevada and not New Jersey. They could not have obtained new tags from the State of New Jersey (my state prevents officers from issuing citations for out of state tag expiration but maybe Jersey is different). I would think they would have just issued a citation for no plates on the vehicle. To me it is no different than law enforcement being unable to confiscate a person drivers license from another state for say DWI/DUI. Nevada law requires a vehicle to be registered and failure to do so is a violation of Nevada law and not New Jersey's.

The only other thing I could think of is the driver failed to register his vehicle in New Jersey if he now lives there and is beyond the time limit for switching registration / licenses etc over to New Jersey.

Either way the lady who caused the brouhaha, given her job and the fact she is a lawyer, should have known better. I also assume she didnt bother to watch the video since everything she denied is present on the video.

Democrat privilege?

edit on 26-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

God bless her husband. Can you imagine being married to this broad? The girl doesn’t shut the f’ up.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

According to this article, they popped the driver for obscured plate, unregistered vehicle (expired in 2016), and failure to show proof of current insurance.

According to this page, it appears that NJ treats resident and non-resident vehicles the same when it comes to requiring registration.

39:3-4 Registration of automobiles and motorcycles, application, registration certificates; expiration; issuance; violations; notification. 39:3-4. Except as hereinafter provided, every resident of this State and every nonresident whose automobile or motorcycle shall be driven in this State shall, before using such vehicle on the public highways, register the same, and no automobile or motorcycle shall be driven unless so registered.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

a reply to: Xcathdra

According to this article, they popped the driver for obscured plate, unregistered vehicle (expired in 2016), and failure to show proof of current insurance.

According to this page, it appears that NJ treats resident and non-resident vehicles the same when it comes to requiring registration.

39:3-4 Registration of automobiles and motorcycles, application, registration certificates; expiration; issuance; violations; notification. 39:3-4. Except as hereinafter provided, every resident of this State and every nonresident whose automobile or motorcycle shall be driven in this State shall, before using such vehicle on the public highways, register the same, and no automobile or motorcycle shall be driven unless so registered.

That clears thing up.. Thank you.

I wish my state allowed this.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Ok so she mite be talking a little to much and fact is she could get a transcript of the stop .
But how in gods name are people saying she should have been tazed or even arrested ?
Is your freedom of others all based on if you like what they are saying or is it based on the right of free speech ?
Because alot of you would do well in Dictatorships .

Its ok as long as you say so after that taze them jail them torture them . Frankly she may have been out of line with her wanting o know But she also has the right to say what she thinks . As for interfering with them what kind of joke is that ?
They had issued the citation and had a tow truck on the way all they would have been doing is standing around till it showed .
You know alot of people dont like things you say maybe you should be tazed when they object as well .
Its not like the cops were even arresting them just citations more money to fill the cops coffers with .
expired tags out of state reg ? really why should we be forced to pay each year for tag renewal ???
You really think its about teh state wanting you safe or jsut another way to get even more of your money ?
you should only every need to tab a car when you buy it and that tag shoudl be good in any state Only thing they really need is a updated address .

get real long past due for a country wide licence and tags .

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
ps the cops did ok in this event

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Ok so she mite be talking a little to much and fact is she could get a transcript of the stop .

Yes, after the fact. Not standing on the side of the road.

But she also has the right to say what she thinks

She has no right to throw her weight around, imply retribution, or debate a case on the side of the road. Where I'm at, trying to question an officer on the side of the road and verbally attacking them is enough to catch a resisting, delaying, or obstructing charge.

Its not like the cops were even arresting them just citations more money to fill the cops coffers with .

The overwhelming majority of traffic fines go to things like paying court officials salaries, paying court workers salaries, and maintenance of the courthouse. Some of it usually goes to the state, and some of it is used for things like legal aid and victim assistance depending on the state. A few pennies on the dollar go to "the cops coffers."

get real long past due for a country wide licence and tags .

Vehicle registration fees pay for everything from schools to public park maintenance to county shelters. So yea, if you want your taxes to go up to pay for that stuff then sure, we should all stop paying registration fees.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

She apparently went to the police station and was demanding information about the impounded car. This lady just does not learn.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
She was at least determined but a major fail for her.
Partially related to that video but something I've noticed a lot in recent times for US (mostly): who or what is creating the closed captions of the speakers?
(Could be just YouTube and automated because no human transcriber could possibly be that bad at speech recognition)

The egregious transcription errors are so bad it's more entertaining to just read them regardless of the actual content. When I say bad I mean horrendously bad to the point of being ludicrous.
edit on 27/4/2018 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join