It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Port Authority Commissioner resigns after traffic stop video is released

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Caren Turner, who up until recently had been a NY/NJ Port Authority Commissioner (an unpaid position with zero law enforcement power, from my understanding) has resigned her position after a Port Authority ethics investigation found "profoundly disturbing conduct" on her behalf.

Long story short: two cops in Tenafly NJ pulled over a vehicle with dead registration and illegal tint, issued citations, and towed the vehicle. Turner showed up and flashed her "credentials," demanded the officers call her Commissioner, and repeatedly demanded to know why they pulled the vehicle over. She then goes on to give a truly breath-taking display of entitlement, privilege, ignorance of the law (despite having a JD and practicing law for years...though to be fair it was trade law), and then when she doesn't get her way, out come the personal attacks and threats.

What's really interesting to note is that Turner was the Chairman of the Port Authority's Governance and Ethics Committee. Turner spent some time as a lobbyist in DC (one can only imagine how successful she was, if this is any indication of how she operates) and was involved in the 2016 Clinton campaign fairly heavily.

Video is about nine minutes long.

Article about Turner and the traffic stop
edit on 25-4-2018 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

When I listen to that women the only thing I can hear is Eric Cartman.

Respect my authority!!

But lady, you don't have any

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Her "credentials" were apparently a business card.

Very authority, much wow

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Delightful woman!! I can see why she was soo successful in Politics.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Shows you how arrogant some of the bureaucrats can be....

It isn't hard to imagine the stuff they do out of spite to political opponents or citizens with that kind of ego and narcissism. This is why I generally want government as small as possible to limit the damage these people can do.

edit on 25-4-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The only thing worse than a New Jersey politician is a New York/New Jersey politician.

Good riddance.
edit on 4/25/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Don't worry.

She'll probably be nominated to a secretary or cabinet position in a few years.

People in power fail upwards.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I could only get through 3 minutes, Isn't there some law she was breaking? Couldn't they tase her and arrest her for something?

What a horrible person she is, I hope some day she realizes that(doubtful).

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Slow news day?

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

"I'm a concerned citizen and friend of the mayor."

"Don't call me 'miss,' I am 'commissioner.'"

"I'm under no legal obligation to tell you what I will be doing."

"I was there for your graduation when you guys came in..."

"I'm just telling you who I am."

"I'm very disappointed in the way you two are acting."

"You may shut the f**k up..."

"You can't put a sentence together."

OMG

Bwahahaha...does that type of thing EVER work? I mean, maybe in Smalltown, Iowa, where the LEO's cousin is the mayor, but does that work in places like this, or does it depend on the spine of the officer?

I would have given this officer a high five and an attaboy if I had been there. I absolutely despise this type of behavior from people like this.

You know, I have a business card that says "[insert alphabet agency here] Criminal Investigation," so does that mean that I am privy to the legal issues concerning people other than myself? I should start stopping every time I see someone pulled over, flash that card, and continue to tell the officers that I am entitled to know why that car was pulled over.

That's gonna work out swell for me, I'm sure.

God, I wish that she would have put her hands on them so that they could have arrested her--this was a moment where that would have been deserved.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Slow news day?

Is that why you're here?

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I was particularly tickled by the one officer at the end. You could tell he was over it and had slipped sneakily into antagonizing her, what with his making sure she had his badge number and first name, etc.

"I just want to make sure you have the correct information."

I lol'd a little.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm sure she has a real cuck of a husband taking care of the home, cringing in anticipation of her return each day from work.

These officers missed a chance to be viral heroes by arresting this woman for interfering with police in the line of duty. That would have been golden to see her in cuffs!
edit on 25-4-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Kids messed up her Easter day. Ask the kids why and chew their backsides.

I liked they way the officers were handling it. I would have a hard time keeping composure that long with her BS and have to walk away.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Yup...and that's generally only possible if you have leadership that backs you up in situations like this, so that speaks well on his leadership (generally speaking).

ETA: Also, it seems that with the fact that they were towing the car for expired registration that the kids probably didn't act a whole lot better. I've been warned about lapsed registration more than once in my life--never was I threatened with my car being towed.
edit on 25-4-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Fairly certain she's divorced. Her kids have her husband's last name, her husband has a medical practice in DC, and she lives in NJ. Could be a long distance thing I guess, but what with the kids having his last name and not a hyphenated last name, leads me to believe...

Can't imagine why they divorced!

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
She may have got somewhere if she had approached the guys right. Could she have just told them the kids are going to miss this and that is there a way we can get a ticket to be corrected tomorrow?
Sometimes they can be very lenient, all of "they are important grad student"s, I am an important this and that really was a dumb approach.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
A Clinton associate.

Color me surprised!

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Cops were cool and she was forced to resign. Everything rolled out the way it should have.
I so love entitled bureaucrats!

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
A Clinton associate.
Color me surprised!

Because Republicans never try to pull rank.
Congrats on trying to make it political!
edit on 25-4-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: but...but...but...HIllary!

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
oh my God that was so annoying, where are those pain killer pills i need four

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join