It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Macron - What's his agenda?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
France are known for running their own agenda, they fight their own fight in Africa, they would not join the UK and US in Iraq, no idea what they did in Afghanistan but they were not very vocal.

Yet in recent weeks they have been super vocal on Syria joining in Airstrikes and now giving it large on Iran.

I think that Macron is trying to deflect from problems at home, but what is it? He beat the right wing, Syria is borderline interesting for France but what is their beef with Iran?

Is he just rimming Trump for favours or is he asserting France?

I wonder what if the Germans will find a spine if the French have?

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
During a short time from WWI to WWII Syria was controlled by France, for European countries once a colony always a colony?

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Macron's agenda is to lead the EU when the UK leaves. France sees the opportunity to push the Francification of the EU with the pesky Brits removed from the equation, and a weak Germany persisting under Merkel. France will set the foreign policy.

Macron will use things like this to portray himself as the new "bridge" to the US. It won't last because the institution Macron is trying to support - the EU - is fundamentally anti-Trump and anti-American. Good luck to him though, because talk is good.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
France are known for running their own agenda, they fight their own fight in Africa, they would not join the UK and US in Iraq, no idea what they did in Afghanistan but they were not very vocal.

Yet in recent weeks they have been super vocal on Syria joining in Airstrikes and now giving it large on Iran.

I think that Macron is trying to deflect from problems at home, but what is it? He beat the right wing, Syria is borderline interesting for France but what is their beef with Iran?

I think he is young and desperate to come out of the Merkle/German shodow

with his own/French place on the world stage?

I think his 'older' wife is the power behind his ambitions?

I think they already have more than their fair share ..... however Merkle has gone

very quiet since the last election was won with a much smaller majority than was

expected.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Right off the bat, I see why President Trump likes Emmanuel Macron. Macron is so against "Fake News" that he's passing a law to ban it in France.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Right off the bat, I see why President Trump likes Emmanuel Macron. Macron is so against "Fake News" that he's passing a law to ban it in France.

www.theguardian.com...

I doubt committing missiles to Syria and a voice on the US/Iran nuclear deal is just to share a dislike of fake news. It gets a little bit dangerous when you pass law on fake news vs. Freedom of speech, in my opinion, the BBC for example is not the bastion of free speech, it has been politicised, therefor it should be considered that whilst it may not be fake news, it is not an independent reporter of unbiased news.

Macron is up to something, it is a good call he is positioning for a post Brexit EU deal, however, I don't believe the French support of Iran denuclearisation is due to Brexit or they would sell themselves that low. Perhaps I missed the issues France has with Iran?

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

I agree, the french have tried to be independent for many years which means they withstood pressure put on them the great power and its friends/slave states.

Some interesting things have happened in France though in recent years.

All the polls in France were showing that Macroon was lagging well behind in the polls in the run up to their last general election and the nationalist Le Penne led party was seen by most pundents as the likely winner given the extent the polling was accurate.

However Macroon won by quite a majority.

Many suspected at the time the presidential election was corrupted in order to keep the nationalist La Penne party out.

Then there were three, seemingly, false flag attacks on France. There was Charlie Hebdo, the attack on the Bataclan, the then there was the bloke who supposedly drove a truck down a main drag running over people.

Somehow I could not see how they could be FFs without the knowledge and consent of the French govt but if that was the case then what was the reason?

I have often wondered why all these events happened in such a relatively short time and what was the purpose behind them?

Their new found interest in the affairs of the middle east is baffling. I'm sure its something they would much rater stay out of it however there must be some reason for it.

Some times I wonder if France has been given 'incentive' by somebody to change their 'independent' stance and take a more active role in geopolitical events or suffer the consequence, whatever that may be.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

France has history with Syria, but it also has a very volatile internal, street level politics. Its well known as a cultural centre, but there has been a movement, both underground and out in the open, which is of a far right, fascist mindset, for... well, its old, put it that way, very old.

Macron beat the far right in an election, but people have been doing that in France for years, and because some people have the wrong idea about what is and is not a proportional response to the existence of fascists (that is, they refuse to crack down on the ideology with the same severity that we saw during WW2, despite its being the only way to cure this world of that particular disease), the fact that they are beaten at the ballot box, does not mean that they are going away any time soon. La Pen may have been embarrassed by her failure to defeat Macron, but she will no doubt be replaced over time, with someone else who shares her toxic view of the world, her unrealistic, propaganda derived, fascist attitudes.

So, we can say without overmuch concern of being incorrect, that Macron is likely using the Syria problem, and his response to it, to lay the groundwork for the future of his position. If the far right (all wrong) lunatics see that he is willing, without sugar coating it, to blow up people from other lands, then that means that they cannot attack him for being weak on foreign policy, cannot hold up examples of his refusal to act (despite the fact that acting in the fashion he has, will undoubtedly create more terrorism, and more immigration which is a fact, but one which the far right, especially the far right in Europe, tend to ignore because it does not suit their agenda. To be specific, their agenda is based on their desire to be permitted to kill as many foreigners as they wish in war, without having to deal with the consequences... thats actually familiar to the far right everywhere).

With Macron placed right in the thick of military action in Syria, his detractors on the far right will be unable to use his "cowardice" in refusing to act, against him, and it may even win him some grudging admiration from some of the... I would hate to say moderate, but at least not full blown far right terrorists in his country. That will make it harder for the far right to use the full quiver of their typical propagandist assaults, to mar his name come the next election cycle.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
We have friends in France. They don't like the Muslim youth in the large cities simply because they riot for the sake of rioting, but they won't vote for the Far Right because "what purpose would it serve? There would be even more rioting."
Even the minorities don't llike the rioters. When you depend on a car for employment and someone sets fire to it simply to prove that they are angry for the media.

I've got my own theories for this behavior and suspect the halal food that they eat, which has high levels of adrenaline. Once had a meal at an ethnic shop and I just could not sleep the whole night, then crashed out.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
He used Merkel's current political weakness (coming from half a year without building the next government in Germany after the recent elections), but I bet that he and Merkel are playing an arranged game on Trump:

Good cop. Bad cop.

Good cop is Macron, he is energetic, he looks good and doesn't criticize Trump - he makes Trump feel good in his presence.

Bad cop is obviously Merkel, she is old, she seems expended and is vocally not pro-Trump (which is in Trumps black/white-ideology the proof that she is contra-Trump). No deals with her.

So, Macron and Merkel both do know this. It is not difficult to see, but lets use this.

*BAM* BROMANCE!

Have Macron go to Trump talking about the steel/aluminium-tariffs..

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Macron's agenda is to lead the EU when the UK leaves. France sees the opportunity to push the Francification of the EU with the pesky Brits removed from the equation, and a weak Germany persisting under Merkel. France will set the foreign policy.

Macron will use things like this to portray himself as the new "bridge" to the US. It won't last because the institution Macron is trying to support - the EU - is fundamentally anti-Trump and anti-American. Good luck to him though, because talk is good.

This... France looks to become the center of Europe with the UK exiting. There is a gap to be filled. Macron sees France filling it.
Anti trump is going to be transitory. He's not a permanent fixture but if France can jockey this position away from the UK it will be a position of power in the future.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
His problems at home?
That less than 18% of the french people support his neo"liberal" elitists agenda to rob the average people. He wants to turn France into a second Germany, into anpther slave wage nation, populated with low wage slaves, little robotnkis, working drones that have nothing left after a life full of working to make others rich, instead of free citizens.

That´s why there are huge strikes atm, in France.

And that´s the good thing with France, if the PEOPLE have enough of the games the rich and powerful play, the let these "powerful" people feel it who really has the power:

The majority of the average people!

And i bet he dream of getting a bit released from Mutti Merkel and the german leading role in EU-Europe. Next problem, he needs german money, german tax payers money to fullfill his neo"liberal" EU dreams, that little MILF lover clown, destroyer of marriages and wife stealer, "U"S sycophant par excellence. He wants to save his drowning France, that police and survellance state, with german money. Like many other in the EU try to do that, often with success. But times changed now, more than ever since that, according to international laws, illegal attacking of souverain states on earth and that warmongering plus that"Big brother wants to start a war, please let us bomb fist" behaviour.

Macron is a clown, a Makrönchen, as we say in Germany. Just in power because the french people didn´t want the Le Pen nazis in power, so he was the lesser evil to vote for, at that time.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He likes Marcron because he threw him a parade. Yeah he's that shallow.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

The fake news Marcron is against is the very crap that trump would have them believe. them

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I think you'll find that it's the other way round... Trump brushed dirt off Macron's shoulder and Macron just beamed at Trump with adoration.

I thought it was hilarious.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

And Macron knows it. All Macron has to do is throw a few compliments Trump's way, and hell, Trump will probably nominate him for Pesident of the US! LOL!

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

You evidently underestimate Trump's intelligence. Why do you think he's publicly humiliating Macron RE my post above?

He sees through Macron's game and is humoring him. It's very obvious tbh...

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Yes, they did look like two love birds heading for the prom. I do wonder why these guys can't shake hands properly. It looked more like they were holding hands than shaking them.

And the loving looks, well, Trump looked into Macron's eyes and saw his soul! LOL!

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I think you over estimate Trump's intelligence. I would love for Trump to take a simple civics test.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

I think you over estimate Trump's intelligence. I would love for Trump to take a simple civics test.

I don't think I overestimate Trump's intelligence. He's a billionaire who stepped into politics and Macron's ass kissing is obvious.Trump has dealt with people like this for the majority of his life. Do you honestly think he hasn't seen it all before?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join