It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire County Refuses to Obey New Gun Control Law, Declares Itself Gun Owner Sanctuary

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Ah, a member previously corrected me on that, apparently the governor can call in the national guard though, all 13 odd thousand of them.
That little county would be screwed, but the governor would of course attract massive political outcry.

...'the fed's' has become a slang term for 'authority' in the UK, so I should really have used the term armed forces instead.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Ah, a member previously corrected me on that, apparently the governor can call in the national guard though, all 13 odd thousand of them.
That little county would be screwed, but the governor would of course attract massive political outcry.

...'the fed's' has become a slang term for 'authority' in the UK, so I should really have used the term armed forces instead.

Ah, sorry I should have read further...If he calls the national guard for the gun law, that would upset a ton of folks, but I am not so sure a governor can use national guard to enforce a law that a county refuses to enforce. As far as I know, they can only call in the guard for big riots, or terrorist attacks, or natural disasters.

I have a feeling that governor would invoke some serious wrath if he even tried to deploy national guard for that gun law thing. That would be a serious misuse of the national guard. Perhaps even the national guard commander in that state could legally refuse to deploy.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

No need to apologise

I can only imagine the wrath if the governor chose force in that county, same as you suggest. People from all over the state would travel there in support I guess. What a flashpoint that would be, guardsmen trying to enforce what seems to be unconstitutional legislation.
On that note, I wonder if these folk would be any use or are they just small fry wannabe's, anyone from Illinois know much about them?

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Interesting read. I think that most people miss how this is framed. The government will never mobilize to remove 2a rights. They will be mobilized to "ensure national and public security". When they do push you won't hear anything about 2a, it will be armed radicals, terrorism linked misguided milita groups, or whatever dirt they want to spin. The commoners will not save you, they will be manipulated into hating you, for the sake of the children and the common good. (That said, I will add that energizing the base for midterms is a normal occurrence and this is just another example)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Balls, balls balls! Americans are so great when they put their minds to it.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy
"I imagine similar will happen in Effing county if it escalates, and with no organised resistance the NG would win the day. "

Don't kid yourself. We here in Southern Illinois don't have to be "organized" to be able to defend what we believe is right. God, Family and Freedom.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

I'm with you on the family/freedom, and I hope for your sakes it does not escalate.
That said, what do you know about the mititia I posted in that youtube? Are they a credible organised defence?

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I'm with you on the family/freedom, and I hope for your sakes it does not escalate.
That said, what do you know about the mititia I posted in that youtube? Are they a credible organised defence?

The OATH Keepers in America...... when the government wants to over step the bounds laid out by the Constitution who you gonna call ?.... The Oath Keepers are not faint of heart and come well trained and armed..

The last thing I read they claim to have 35,000 active members in their organization.. Men and women from all walks of civilian life but almost all are prior military or police.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

"Are they a credible organised defence?"

Yes.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Glad to see oathkeepers name mentioned, good group of people, from what the members I know tell me. Keep up the good work.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I actually got a chuckle out of this article.. Sanctuary this and that so why not ? I do realize if the Illinois General Assembly decides to ban all guns there is not much Effingham or any other county can do about it.. Turn them in or face a $1000 dollar fine per day. Think you can stay under the radar I hope you have insurance for SWAT raids.

I will not be going to Illinois as it is totally removed from any future bucket list.. Chicago how is your gun ban working out for you ??

Dramatic imagination aside, the state government isn't going to send in troops over this.

It'll be fought in the courts of law.

This is not the first time in US history that a county or a city (or other organization) has "gone rogue" and declared they wouldn't follow a law. It turns into a war of Attorney Attrition. In this case, if they declare themselves a sanctuary, they're going to have people coming into the town for guns... and that will create problems in other areas. They'll probably start by suing people who have sold guns that are used in criminal activity.

Much easier to make it a very expensive idea for the city than it is to justify sending in troops to a city that may not be 100% behind this law. And with legal means, there's no ugly footage to show on national tv.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join