It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Corruption of Evidence Based Medicine — Killing for Profit

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This really should be a major issue, and getting news coverage.

I vote we replace all the Political stuff with this stuff!

It's genocide.

Fine, you don't want to make a cure, but don't make a product to make it worse or kill. That's a predatory practice, and companies have been in deep-do-do for it in the past.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The instrumented diary was done before I joined the company, but I don't think the numbers were that surprising to the researchers, maybe a little ... they were pretty sure compliance was low and needed a software solution.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

I am starting to think that companies making all these chemicals added to foods are connected to the ones making the medicines to treat diseases created by our food supply.

You are right. If you look at what chemicals and processes are used by the food technicians, you will find that there are drugs prescribed by the doctors that do the exact opposite.

To make meat juicy, they inject the burgers with water. But that water would naturally evaporate, so they have to add surfactants and other chemicals to make the meat retain the water. Guess what some causes of high blood pressure is? Water retention. So a patient is prescribed diuretics to make them pass all that extra water. Drugs like Benzufluorizide.
Caffeine also raises blood pressure. Same with sugars. Phosphorus in soft drinks removes calcium from the body. But calcium and other elements are required for healthy brain function and memory.

I have an occasional coke. I have a problem with insoluble fiber. I get beezoars every now and then. To get rid of them I just drink an occasional coke, one half liter bottle is plenty, once a month is fine. I guess it is because of a lack of amylase or something. The beezoars are a pain. I like veggies too. I haven't identified all the foods that cause them yet, some foods actually inhibit amylase production and that makes it worse. I look back at my life and see that it has always been a problem for me. But I did not know that food choices could help. I actually avoided the high insoluable fiber foods most of my life, and increased consumption because they are said to be good for you. The phosphoric acid in the coke seems to work as they say it should. I'm sold, I really do not like coke that much but have come to realize I need to drink it once in a while. When I explained this to the wife she laughed at me, she said she would never give up her coke everyday and didn't care who said it was bad for her.

I also learned that when I gave up my occasional beer around sixteen years ago I did not make up the lost chemistry it contains and I wound up getting deficient in a few things over the years. Strange how it took two years before the symptoms appeared. I did not start drinking beer again, I do not appreciate the headache. But now that I know what minerals and vitamins need to be added, I altered my diet and started taking small supplements occasionally, with a multimineral tablet needed every day. I think the need for the multimineral is actually an age related issue, the guts do not work as efficiently anymore.

I do not take or need any meds anymore, I researched things and found solutions to treat my problems. It is actually way cheaper than the copays on the meds I would need to treat the issues but I do get a little sick of the foods on occasion.

I doubt if someone would be able to control grand mal seizures with food, but for people who have milder partial seizures it can be done. Same with some heart meds, some types of problems can be fixed with diet changes. I am still studying things like depression and anxiety and it is apparant that diet can also fix those, adjusting dopamine and acetylcholine levels can be done without meds. The food chemistries the meds are designed off of can treat the problems. Also there are quite a few things out there that can boost or moderate intellect.

The Pharma companies make big money off of our being blind and ignorant. I also think a lot of fake rumors that are easy to prove wrong are started by some Pharma associates. These fake cures are started by someone, they are definitely not going to work. The medical field laughs about these when people bring them up, the doctors with their little smirks saying it isn't real. They know these fake cures are out there. Nurses overhearing a doctor say something also sometimes pass out fake info, the nurses should ask the doctor about what they heard, often what the doctor says is specific to that patient. I have known nurses who spread things that way over the years, they may not hear all of what is going on. Some nurses do know lots too, but how do we know when to apply the information.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699
Ironically, after I read your post a customer in my store passed out from a Shingles vaccination. Later in the day I overheard an older gentlemen say he got the shingles vaccination and ended up with shingles six months later. His "hair hurts," he said.

I've meet a slim few that receives a flu shot and doesn't get sick! I work in a pharmacy.
I've never had the flu shot and do not fall ill, at all, though I work in a pharmacy and handle all sorts of nasty things sick people touch. If a majority of people knew the cost of most cancer medicines they would revolt over night, or if most people had any idea how medical insurance works. It's a total scam from start to finish.

Another fun fact, and a symbol of just how stupid people are. They just changed the labels of all fish oil supplements to read "Omega oil." And because the labels no longer say fish oil people won't buy them. They don't believe me when I tell them it's the same exact fish oil they have been buying, just labelled differently.

This is how completely stupid people are, and I don't know what's worse: The fact people blindly buy fish oil and have no idea what's in it, or that people were buying fish oil just because a PhD told them too.
We laugh about it all shift. The old bags just don't understand it!

Oh my gosh....Every time I see those Shingles commercials my blood boils. Get the vaccine!! Now there's articles online about anyone 50 or older should get the vaccine. I also see them in magazines. They're pushing it hard!

No way am I getting the shingles vaccine.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

Ironically, after I read your post a customer in my store passed out from a Shingles vaccination. Later in the day I overheard an older gentlemen say he got the shingles vaccination and ended up with shingles six months later. His "hair hurts," he said.

I've meet a slim few that receives a flu shot and doesn't get sick! I work in a pharmacy.
I've never had the flu shot and do not fall ill, at all, though I work in a pharmacy and handle all sorts of nasty things sick people touch. If a majority of people knew the cost of most cancer medicines they would revolt over night, or if most people had any idea how medical insurance works. It's a total scam from start to finish.

Another fun fact, and a symbol of just how stupid people are. They just changed the labels of all fish oil supplements to read "Omega oil." And because the labels no longer say fish oil people won't buy them. They don't believe me when I tell them it's the same exact fish oil they have been buying, just labelled differently.

This is how completely stupid people are, and I don't know what's worse: The fact people blindly buy fish oil and have no idea what's in it, or that people were buying fish oil just because a PhD told them too.

Oh my gosh....Every time I see those Shingles commercials my blood boils. Get the vaccine!! Now there's articles online about anyone 50 or older should get the vaccine. I also see them in magazines. They're pushing it hard!

You are missing the BIG PLAY....ask yourself WHAT THEY ALREADY PUT INTO PEOPLE LONG AGO THAT IS NOW MORPHING INTO SHINGLES ....lol....what if the vaccines they give contain time-capsules of DNA that are set to turn to these types of diseases down the road...to keep the big pharma train a rolling.....you might NEED the shingles treatments if you have already been intentionally infected with a Trojan Horse virus.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Wanna walk me through your thought process there? Shingles is caused by the chickenpox virus, which just about everybody born before ~2000 has had (including myself, and I was born in '94). Are you trying to say the shingles virus is somehow injected in a dormant form with childhood vaccinations and triggered decades later?

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
1. Science constantly proves itself wrong. such is the nature of science
2. there are plenty of reasons studies are not published
3. medicine is not perfect

4. evidence based medicine is not the same as science and study backed medicine

when I think of evidence based medicine, I think about arriving to a scene with a patient who is presenting arterial bleeding. the evidence would be the arterial spurt, the color of the blood, etc. I would then have the evidence available to proceed with proper treatment.

5. The biggest problem with medical science is all the phonies and idiots out there putting out non-evidence based medicinal practices, like chakras and homeopathy. As a first responder, I can tell you first hand;

We have alot of answers. there are answers we dont have yet. We do, however, and I promise you, have the patient's well being in the utmost of severity.

What we don't like, is people propagating the idea that modern medicine is nothing more than a giant population control, or worse, anti-life.

tl/dr: Stupidity and ignorance is alot more dangerous than medicine. get your vaccinations so we don't have another outbreak of measles.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

I agree. The question is more about the corruption of science if used wrong in my view. p-hacking is so common in all branches, not only social sciences.

I met researchers in neuroscience, physics etc. that are extremely biased and "territorial". They would do anything to save their theories and careers.

Also in medical trials, aren't there regional differences in placebo effects for different drugs? So painkillers are best to research in western Europe, anti depressants in south America for example. Companies aiming to get their drug approved know this and get their samples respectively, resulting in a sampling bias.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: texasgirl

You are missing the BIG PLAY....ask yourself WHAT THEY ALREADY PUT INTO PEOPLE LONG AGO THAT IS NOW MORPHING INTO SHINGLES ....lol....what if the vaccines they give contain time-capsules of DNA that are set to turn to these types of diseases down the road...to keep the big pharma train a rolling.....you might NEED the shingles treatments if you have already been intentionally infected with a Trojan Horse virus.

Oh, no, I get it. The polio vaccine contained the cancer virus before they corrected it. Those who had the vaccine between 1955-1963 are higher risk of developing cancer. The CDC admitted this a few years ago. Interestingly enough, I told my brother about this and he received the vaccine in '57. He had prostate cancer in 2000.

I don't get flu shots or take drugs, except the occasional aspirin or ibuprofen. I haven't been sick since 2001. But I eat a Mediterranean diet and have been trying to wean off eating meat. Tried a vegan diet for 10 days and it was hard but my body felt amazing.

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." (Hippocrates)
edit on 21-4-2018 by texasgirl because: Added more

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
So nice to see other people wake up.
it is a sad and depressing world...

now eat the s$%& they feed you!
or wake up and DONT.
and Try! to wake others.
but good luck on that.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I've had more experience with the flaws in our medical system than most.

While corruption is absolutely an issue, I feel there are more facets that make it even more difficult to solve.

One major aspect is the inability to admit fault. It seems like the concept of "science is self-correcting" is somehow bent into justification on how its incorruptible and never wrong. Sure, its easy to say otherwise, but actions still speak louder than words.

My own experience has also shown that disregarding the evidence completely, on a doctor-to-patient basis, is a problem. Stemming from that inability to admit fault, I have had doctors literally say they don't believe, say, the results of an MRI.

In my case specifically, my Socorro at the time openly called me a drug seeker and hypochondriac. All the evidence pointed to very, very serious issues, but that objective evidence simply wasn't relevant. I was told by this doctor things like "people your age can't break bones," and "there are two schools of thought on whether or not a bone is broken."

Another doctor has a personal grudge against me, after they got in trouble for dismissing me completely. As she is the gatekeeper for the neurosurgery department within my healthcare system, I am essentially unable to receive any treatment through them. So, instead of simply saying "yeah, I made a mistake," we get a situation where one individual can control treatment based on nursing a personal grudge. Trying to get this worked out has been fruitless.

The only time I have received appropriate treatment is when I push hard for it, and have a doctor that is willing to be wrong. My records are very, very clear about some very serious issues, but that's not enough.

So, not only do we have an issue with corruption, but also one that puts personal bias above patients treatment. That's a helluva combo.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Modern science in all its glory does not seek to cure illness nearly as much as provide relief from symptoms. Curing illness means losing a customer. Relieving symptoms and nothing more ensures return business.

We should be scouring old medical texts looking for the answers to our problems. Granted, some of the so-called treatments from past times are downright barbaric, but some of them actually worked.

I wonder how much suffering and illness might have been avoided if doctors had been permitted to continue using and developing things like cannabis oil. It amazes me that we still have to fight just for the opportunity to do the research let alone use the product.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I have hypothyroidism. The company that developed Synthroid, was also the company that developed the TSH test. I was on Synthroud for years, and progressively getting sicker. But my TSH was in the "normal" range. Prior to the development of Synthroid and the associated tests, hypothyroidism was treated with natural dedicated thyroid, and the goal was symptom relief. I don't deal with doctors for my hypothyroidism anymore. They don't listen. I found a source of natural dedicated thyroid as a supplement. I dose based on how I'm feeling. I rarely get sick anymore.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes repurposing of drugs what a dream, like fashion it can be reinvented, financially rewarding for some indeed. The CEO who thought this one up will be well rewarded. Its almost a cost free exercise in profit. But some where in the back of my mind I hear a voice saying "let food be thy medicine " like some boring old tutor that was boring because he was always right, but not as much fun as a Big Mac with ice cream soda. But like everything else you can have your fun , but you must pay for it afterwards.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Yes repurposing of drugs what a dream, like fashion it can be reinvented, financially rewarding for some indeed. The CEO who thought this one up will be well rewarded. Its almost a cost free exercise in profit. But some where in the back of my mind I hear a voice saying "let food be thy medicine " like some boring old tutor that was boring because he was always right, but not as much fun as a Big Mac with ice cream soda. But like everything else you can have your fun , but you must pay for it afterwards.

You can have a big mac with an ice cream soda once in a while, it won't hurt you. It is when you consume more of this kind of chemistry than the body can detox or make enzymes to utilize that it causes problems. Going out to a fast food restaurant or eating highly prepared foods a couple of times a week is not a problem. Some people do better if they cook their veggies well. Others can eat more raw veggies.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

True enough no problems in having a treat once a week.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
My own experience with pharmaceuticals was a nightmare. I was talked into it. I won't ever be again.

The initial response was good, however after a few months I gradually descended into darkness. I lost all interest in life and eventually wished for death.

When bringing up the side effects, I was either given an increase in dosage which made things worst or put on something else which caused other side effects.

The major problem for me was that in a crisis, no one was available to help. My doctor at best was a 1-2 month waiting list.

I visited the hospital during one bad night to be told that only my doctor could deal with my prescription issues and was sent home. I almost jumped off a bridge that night, I actually sat on the side railing for an hour staring at traffic below. Thing is, I'm afraid of heights, and I don't have a deathwish. And that is when I stopped taking pills. I had a few relapses that required me to tapper off but I've been pill free for 4 months.

The 4 family physicians I've dealt with were similar in that when bringing up an issue the first response is for them to take out a prescription pad. On subsequent meetings when bringing up the side effects, those are ignored and they yet again pull out a prescription pad.

I've tried different pills, and each had bad effects. One of them made me poop blood for 2 weeks until I stopped. I was told to keep going regardless. But I couldn't deal with pooping blood anymore nor the pain associated with it.

I'm now trying to recover. While I don't wish to die anymore as I never was suicidal, I still feel nothing positive and I now have social anxiety.

Its not the drug dealers on the street you have to watch out for, it's those in bright offices..

Edit: regarding shingles, I had it develop on my lower back last January. It was quite deep. Interesting part is that neither I, nor my parents recollect me ever having chicken pox, nor is it registered in my medical history. I hadn't been near any children, nor had I gone to any hospital or been in any crowded areas in weeks prior to the outbreak. I wasn't sick, it just appeared and escalated quickly.

I've actually never had mumps or any of those childhood illnesses, I hope to never get any as an adult. The last shot I was given was in the 90s, in high school. I don't remember what, but I remember many sick people with fevers. I ended up with a swollen red stiff upper arm but no sickness.
edit on 22-4-2018 by Babalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Babalou
I put this in another thread but it relevant here as well, The guy gets a bit evangelical, but it doesn't take a genius to work out that , most of what he says is true. Like if vaccinations are so safe why did the government make them fault free? and compulsory. The fact is becoming clear that if you go to a doc. on a bad day you might end up on meds for life, and then again if you went on a good day. he might not prescribe anything.

People were not designed to live sickly and stressed, what happened to the pursuit of happiness?

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Babalou

I am sorry you went through all that. It takes a strong person to weather a storm to see the rainbow.

Hugs to you!

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

From my studies I see very few new chemistries being created, I guess that was done prior to the seventies and eighties extensively with funding from our government.

I knew this was true of antibiotics; I didn't know it applied across the board though.

Research peaked in the late seventies if I remember right.They did identify a lot of medicines and the effects back then of these meds, this database is what is used to design lots of new meds, they just have to make the chemistry newly patentable and accepted by the FDA for the disease.

Ongoing research these days is a lot less than people think it is overall. This database was actually paid for by our government at great expense. I have read of many drugs being formed from this database in the last five years. Even statin chemistry is an old known chemistry. The present increase of the cost of medicines is actually not justifiable.

At this point, I have a huge problem with medical patents in general -- in large part because taxpayers have funded so much of the research. And because the system has become parasitic to the health of the people.

I read about one drug, and I don't remember which one now, that was patented in a way that they knew was inferior, in order to later "improve" the drug and extend the patent. I'm sure that goes on far more than we know.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join