It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there a large scale airborne C3I / NC3 exercise on Monday?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
SO Monday was a bit slow at work so I popped on ADS-B exch around 1115 or so and was taken aback by the sheer number of C3I / NC3 platforms that were up over the CONUS at one point

1 E-4B Nightwatch Advanced Airborne Command Post
4 E-6 TACAMO Mercury (relays go codes to nuclear capable forces)
3 E-4 Sentry AWACS Radar Aircraft
2 RC-135W Rivet
1 RC-135S Cobra Ball
6-7 KC-10 Extenders
14-18 KC-135 Tankers

The Tacamo planes along with the Nightwatch were pretty much centered over the map. Travis had the KC-10's up which was quite a few over the west coast and 1 E-3 looked like it was pulling counter drug over Texas.

Coincidence? Sabre rattling? a drill?

Thoughts

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Some were moving to Nellis for Green Flag (I think). There's been a lot of movement into Nellis this week, but haven't checked the schedule. The E-3 over Texas is the one that was there last week I believe. I think it just came out of being upgraded and is testing near Dyess.

The tankers are pretty normal. The RCs, it just depends on where they were.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I’m not really a plane guy, but saw three C130’s following each other heading south Monday evening. They were pretty low for my area to be just moving around. (Late evening on a Monday?)
From NAS they fly around low training, but 60 miles away from base they usually have altitude for travel.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

What general area?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
I’m not really a plane guy, but saw three C130’s following each other heading south Monday evening. They were pretty low for my area to be just moving around. (Late evening on a Monday?)
From NAS they fly around low training, but 60 miles away from base they usually have altitude for travel.

Training out of LRAFB of that sort is common practice.

new topics

top topics

join