It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barbara Bush dead at 92

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I think I heard congestive heart disease and COPD.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

RIP Barbara, I can only imagine she lived a very full 92 years. Wow.. Hopefully she passed feeling content and pain-free

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I don't want to derail, but I though condolences were always offered to the family and friends of the deceased? What does this serve to just voice your opinions? Wouldn't it be better to find the Bush Family (or individual family members') Twitter accounts or something?
Who are you offering condolences to? Unless the Bushes lurk on ATS . . .. .

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
She took the same course as Mom (who passed on Christmas Eve this past year).

You were a strong woman. God Bless and rest in peace, Barbara Bush.

edit on 4/17/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 17/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: frostjon361

I offer condolences everywhere, the thought, the action, goes somewhere in the universe.

I say it for all I admire or respect. Or to people loss in tragic events.

Some other people do that.

If you do not wish to type condolences and share it on the internet, that's your prerogative but please don't use threads such as these as a springboard to cynicism on how humankind behaves on the internet.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

I offer condolences everywhere, the thought, the action, goes somewhere in the universe.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
found this gem on The NY Times website. Such a kind heart,
Her candor occasionally got her into trouble. In 2005, while visiting victims of Hurricane Katrina at the Houston Astrodome, where they were being temporarily housed, she remarked that many of them “were underprivileged anyway” and that their Astrodome stay — though the living conditions there were dire — was “working very well for them.”

Maybe if they could read it would keep the AIDS and homelessness away...
edit on 18-4-2018 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
I always liked Barbara. I didn't know she was in failing health until the announcement earlier today that she was switching to palliative care. Has anyone said what her health problem was?

she had copd and congestive heart failure...

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
well it didnt take long for the first troll to craw out from under its rock :

source

obligitory sunnary :

randa jarrar , a english proffessor secured her 15 seconds of "famme " with a series of twitter outbursts attacking the former first lady

my opinion : regardless of your opinions on the bysh dynasty ms jarrar is entitled to her opinions - i am nore concerned over what the tweets reveal about her - than the insults hurled at the bushes

oh and PS - what did mmrs bush ACTUALLY do to earn such emmnity ?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I guess when someone who you watched on TV dies after you've not heard much of them for a while, it leads one to reflect somewhat on times past.
I never really thought of Mrs Bush as responsible for the war crimes of her family, so I hope she does indeed RIP.
I can say with certainty, though, that will be no thoughts of peace from me whatsoever, should I still be around, when her husband or son meet their maker.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   
RIP Barbara

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I agree. I never wish anyone that didnt do me harm any ill will. I think we should be mindful of who the people are that we give national recognition to or even social accolades to and why.

She wasnt a bad person but to praise and revere her does a service to her Husband and her son that did what they did to propel her into fame. They are not deserving of those honors.

This is not a sacred church with rules of reverence and no one is actually speaking to the Bushes to insult them or even insulting Barbara Bush. I havent seen that, though its been said by opportunist liars.

Well wishes are fine for her on a human level if you are just sending out good vibes. I did that myself. I hope that is all this is. If not its not very healthy nationally to revere the mothers and wives of presidents, even as former first ladies, simply because they were related to national leaders.

We dont have kings here in the US and dangerously damaging political leaders shrouded in controversy should not get fanfare when their mothers and wives die. Sorry but its inconsiderate to the people that this pseudo Dynasty hurt on a scale that we weigh war crimes on and historical damages to humanity on. It is like that. So very sorry, but it is.

That said, I will say this now.

RIP Barbara Bush. Godspeed.

edit on 4 18 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: UKTruth

I agree. I never wish anyone that didnt do me harm any ill will. I think we should be mindful of who the people are that we give national recognition to or even social accolades to and why.

She wasnt a bad person but to praise and revere her does a service to her Husband and her son that did what they did to propel her into fame. They are not deserving of those honors.

This is not a sacred church with rules of reverence and no one is actually speaking to the Bushes to insult them or even insulting Barbara Bush. I havent seen that, though its been said by opportunist liars.

Well wishes are fine for her on a human level if you are just sending out good vibes. I did that myself. I hope that is all this is. If not its not very healthy nationally to revere the mothers and wives of presidents, even as former first ladies, simply because they were related to national leaders.

We dont have kings here in the US and dangerously damaging political leaders shrouded in controversy should not get fanfare when their mothers and wives die. Sorry but its inconsiderate to the people that this pseudo Dynasty hurt on a scale that we weigh war crimes on and historical damages to humanity on. It is like that. So very sorry, but it is.

That said, I will say this now.

RIP Barbara Bush. Godspeed.

Unless some poster personally knew her, you're totally spot on.
From what I gathered she had a disconnect from the general public. Came off as being aloof at times when certain segments of the population faced dire times. Literacy doesn't stop poverty or HIV. And being poverty stricken doesn't mean you should have to deal with the Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome conditions Katrina caused those who had to shelter in the Superdome.

Just because someone dies doesn't mean we have to ignore their faults...

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Owlbear - I think the whole quote about literacy and the battle against preventable disease and homelessness may have been misconstrued.

I take it as someone who advocates education as a means of empowering others to be better read/educated/informed about the dangers of unsafe sex, and empowering people to be lifted out of the poverty cycle. Not just USA-centric but globally.

Obviously in terms of homelessness, the factors that lead to this are much far removed than what it was in her generation - we got financial stress out of the individuals control, we got mental illness and/or substance abuse issues, escape from violence in the home and so on.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Roger Stone said she's ascending into Hell as we speak... as opposed to descending into Hell which would of been more creditable.

Barbara Bush was a mean-spirited vindictive drunk, she's ascending into Hell right now

edit on 19-4-2018 by Infoshill because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join