It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon Apologizes for Shipping Ten Thousand Copies of Comey’s Book to White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
www.newyorker.com...

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Calling it a “regrettable accident,” Amazon apologized on Thursday for shipping ten thousand advance copies of James Comey’s book, “A Higher Loyalty,” to the White House.

Cartons of the book arrived early Thursday morning and kept coming throughout the day, until stacks of the book clogged virtually every hallway and office in the building.

Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon, said that he had “absolutely no idea” how the ten thousand Comey books made their way to the White House, but advised Trump to follow the procedures on the Amazon Web site for returning unwanted merchandise.

Amazon is expecting returns.

“You can print up the return labels at home,” he said. “The books should be picked up and out of there in two weeks, three weeks, max.”

Bezos said that shipping the ten thousand books back to the company’s warehouse would not be overly costly for Amazon. “We get an amazing deal on postage,” he said.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Before people get their panties in a wad....

Andy Borowitz is the New York Times best-selling author of “The 50 Funniest American Writers,” and a comedian who has written for The New Yorker since 1998. He writes the Borowitz Report, a satirical column on the news, for newyorker.com.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The left is always dreaming about what they would do. 8years of saving the environment, saving Chicago, saving dreamers...eat,etc.... I guess this loser is just dreaming

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

Is this a funny story, or satire fiction?

If real Trump could donate he books to thrifts stores and get a tax writeoff.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'm taking it for satire fiction. I thought it was funny.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Why call the article writer a loser?

Is it because he's making fun of Trump?

Did the article trigger you?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
About as funny as something "comedian" Al Franken might come up with.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
the only polite thing i can say is that mr Borowitz is writing for a " target audience " of merkins with a very different sens of humour to mine

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
But Russia-paranoia and a 1000 year climate issue are among the most pressing matters of our times /sarcasm

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Too bad it isnt real. I love a good prank.

Then in a reversal, Trump could have had them turned into building materials, "upcycled", and donated to some cause that would make liberal media look like assholes if they tried to criticize it.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Looks like the Whitehouse's toilet paper supply is taken care of for the foreseeable future!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
But Russia-paranoia and a 1000 year climate issue are among the most pressing matters of our times /sarcasm

Ten thousand copies, those poor, poor dishonored trees.

And people wonder why trees are so angry these days!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Sooner or later they'll blame all the global warming on the Russian's hiding under your bed.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Sooner or later they'll blame all the global warming on the Russian's hiding under your bed.

Ahh, that explains why I can't get a study funded on the direct correlation between Nancy Pelosi opening her mouth and the climate change in California in real time. I have a hypothesis that every time she opens her mouth, California loses a quarter percent of its moisture, and the temp goes up by a 10th of a degree from all the hot air she expels.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Sad part is I could almost believe this. Amazon will probably go down as the biggest supplier of cardboard waste in human history. I ordered some lables for work and amazon shipped it in 2 boxes one being 15 times the size of the lables.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Didn't Monica wrote a book ?

new topics

top topics

join