It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix: Lost in Space series

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

So I have been watching the new Lost in Space series on Netflix and I am about into the 4th episode and I am really impressed in the production value and casting of this show. Each episode is around an hour long and story is much of an drama-action that is not overly dramatic. I really recommend it and wanted to see if anyone else has seen it.
Also, its rated PG so if you have kidos it's something you can watch together.

Bing

Set 30 years in the future, colonization in space is now a reality, and the Robinson family is among those tested and selected to make a new life for themselves in a better world. But when the new colonists find themselves abruptly torn off course en-route to their new home they must forge new alliances and work together to survive in a dangerous alien environment, light-years from their original destination. Stranded along with the Robinsons are two outsiders who find themselves thrown together by circumstance and a mutual knack for deception. The charismatic Dr. Smith is a master manipulator with an inscrutable end game. And the roguish, but charming Don West is a highly-skilled, blue collar contractor, who had no intention of joining the colony, let alone crash landing on a lost planet.

Wiki

An extinction event caused by a celestial object crashing into Earth threatens humanity's survival. By 2046, mankind has launched a number of Jupiter ships, taking selected families to colonize a new world. The Robinson family is selected for the 24th such trip, but before they arrive at their destination, alien robots breach the station's hull which forces some of the families to evacuate early in their Jupiter craft. However, the Robinsons’ Jupiter 2 and other craft fall through a rip in space and crash land on an unknown but habitable planet. The Robinsons and other colonists battle the strange new environment and their own personal demons as they attempt to escape the planet.

~Morpheus

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MorpheusUSA

I saw this listed but got drawn in by The Client List...

Lost in space will always be Timmys mother, and Zorro, and make room for Daddys daugbter

Oh and wish them into the corn Anthony...
edit on 4172018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

We watched the first 3 episodes this past Sunday. Very enjoyable. Impressed with the upgrade on the robot, not sure how I feel about the back story overshare on the Robinson's personal relationship. Parker Posey makes for an interesting take on "Dr. Smith".

I give what I've seen so far a thumbs up!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

We just started watching this yesterday. We're just a few episodes in and really enjoying it. The robot is awesome.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I LOVED IT!

Miss ROBOT IS ONLINE...lol but interesting Robot

Great special effects and the story is fairly believable and has a CONSPIRACY THEORY subplot! The family is believable and I like the kids the parents took me a bit to warm up to as did the rest of the crew. Enjoyed Don and Dr. Smith (Parker Posey) motives and intent kept me watching past episode 3!

Can't wait until season 2
edit on ambAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 17 Apr 2018 10:03:43 -0500am10America/Chicago by abeverage because: Robot is online

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Be prepared for American politics in space.

Complete with conspiracy,identity politics, and the biggest kicker of them all.

To boldly go where no man has gone only to have your 3d printer locked from making GUNZ when you most need them.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
A few things, from my perspective.

Characters have changed a bit..... Not exactly surprising, but still a little strange when familiar with the original series and the movie.

The CGI and production is top notch, I'm actually amazed at the amount of work that went into this show. Netflix sure has the spare funds to make something like this happen, and I'm glad they did.

HOWEVER. The science aspect of the show....... is...... horrible. It's almost like the writers picked up a sci-fi novel from an elementary school and based everything off of it. For example, they're on ice, trying to get the (adopted?) daughter out of the ship. The temperature is supposed to be -60 or something like that, but nobody even has the hoods pulled up on their jackets..... Not to mention...... it starts to rain. Not snow, not hail, but rain. In -60 temps. I watched that over the weekend and still trying to wrap my head around it.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I tried, but the non-stop action/stress put me off. Others may like it however.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Binge watched it over a couple of days. Took me a few episodes to really get into it,but picked up fabulously after that. Definitely hoping for a season two if for no other reason than to see "Dr.Smith" get her comeuppance.
Had a real hard time with her character being able to slink around and others not saying anything. Slimy to the core.
Hoping they soften out Maureen as well. I'm all for teaching kids to strive and thrive,but she's hard ass and comes across as completely uncaring. Can see why hubby kept his distance. ..
edit on 17-4-2018 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
We watched a few of these already and they are pretty good. We have been watching Doc Martin for a while too. Primevil on Amazon prime is pretty good too, and we have been watching Sirens too. We ran through the Merlins a while back and also some other series that we had never seen. It seems we are watching way too much TV the last year.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Yeah, Dr. Smith was probably the first person I hated when I was young and watched the original series. I was laughing as we watched this (about half way through currently) and my daughter started really hating on Dr. Smith

I do agree with others that the graphics are great. Really enjoying this reboot.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Loved it.

It's not exactly like the original though reboots seldom are. They kept the spirit of the original and for that I'm quite happy. There isn't much difference in the core of the show.

10/10!

Robot kicks arse too! I love how they portray it's friendship with Timmy. This one is far more realistic than the original from the origin to the plotline.

Smith is such a believably horrible person. It truly made me despise the character!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

First two episodes in and I'm enjoying it...old enough to remember the original and if you watch it now it's cringe worthy. I like the robot but he creeps me out a bit without giving anything else away...I like the character dynamics and nothing appears to be forced with respect to gender roles or being politically correct...it all seems organic even though it's a sci-fi show...

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
first season played out like one really long pilot episode ,hopefully it gets picked up for season 2. was funny seeing the guy who played captain flint as a space captain. the robot was an interesting aspect kind of curious to see where they are gonan go with that for next season

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I debated on showing the first episode to my 7 year old, but for a "PG" show the first episode had a LOT of imminent death sort of situations... like, at the same time. Will was consigning himself to being burned alive at the same time as the rest of his family were feverishly trying to keep their other child from suffocating to death in five feet of solid ice, and both situations were resolved by the same "Deus Ex Machina". Even I found that a little bleak. The scenes of the robot blowing holes in people was a bit graphic as well even if there was no blood. The second episode was good, and i'm starting to really like the red-headed daughters sarcastic sense of humor. All I've seen so far.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Greetings MorpheusUSA; glad you posted this; as I have watched a few episodes myself...

First of all, I am a sci-fi nut, or more accurately, I prefer to watch good sci-fi over any other movie genre. I do enjoy other forms of movies very much, it is Sci-Fi that has my heart. Ha!

Yes, I am enjoying the series...although the "storyline" is not at all like the original series, except in the rare moment of plot formation.

Yes, the robot is pretty cool..good effects there. So far I am enjoying it better than most Sci-Fi that come out.. (My near top of the list was Terra-Nova that was cancelled)

However I am not so pleased with the subtle, or "not so subtle" political indoctrination being employed in the series.

That element of it all...puts a big damper on being able to fully enjoy the series.

The "too deep" thing of divorced parents.. perhaps stuck in the series so over half of the young children, or young adults could relate to. Because they had that happen to their family when growing up??? Anyhow...thats not the main "beef".

The 3-D printer "lock out" was a step in a direction, and a major political statement...yet written well into the plot, and purpose for the lockout made perfect sense..Ha! It was subtle, yet loud at the same time. For me anyhow..

When those "things" show up in movies, (most of them have "it").. it takes away big time the quality of the movie or series. If it becomes too political for me, I quit watching.

For example, the Star Trek series of movies... one of my least favourite was the "save the whales" one. Although I really enjoyed it, it is just the least favourite, for me, of the Star Trek movies because of the heavy political theme.

The Lost in Space series still has my interest and enjoy watching it. I just have to filter out the political, or social engineering aspect of it all. I see it, recognise it, and dismiss it...probably most of the watchers would not filter it out.. or even recognise the "propaganda" and mind engineering behind it all.

But it is sci-fi.. and alternative timelines, and where society could go in the future.

Pravdaseeker

link   

double post, don't have a clue how it happened..sorry.
edit on 17-4-2018 by pravdaseeker because: for some reason it posted the same thing twice, storming here, lightning too.. so?? Blame it on Thor.

link   
It's kinda. Meh... In my opinion.

And the way it's looking like, they're going to tackle 'social' issues with this new series.

I wished it was more like the original.

link   

Greetings MorpheusUSA; glad you posted this; as I have watched a few episodes myself...

First of all, I am a sci-fi nut, or more accurately, I prefer to watch good sci-fi over any other movie genre. I do enjoy other forms of movies very much, it is Sci-Fi that has my heart. Ha!

Yes, I am enjoying the series...although the "storyline" is not at all like the original series, except in the rare moment of plot formation.

Yes, the robot is pretty cool..good effects there. So far I am enjoying it better than most Sci-Fi that come out.. (My near top of the list was Terra-Nova that was cancelled)

However I am not so pleased with the subtle, or "not so subtle" political indoctrination being employed in the series.

That element of it all...puts a big damper on being able to fully enjoy the series.

The "too deep" thing of divorced parents.. perhaps stuck in the series so over half of the young children, or young adults could relate to. Because they had that happen to their family when growing up??? Anyhow...thats not the main "beef".

The 3-D printer "lock out" was a step in a direction, and a major political statement...yet written well into the plot, and purpose for the lockout made perfect sense..Ha! It was subtle, yet loud at the same time. For me anyhow..

When those "things" show up in movies, (most of them have "it").. it takes away big time the quality of the movie or series. If it becomes too political for me, I quit watching.

For example, the Star Trek series of movies... one of my least favourite was the "save the whales" one. Although I really enjoyed it, it is just the least favourite, for me, of the Star Trek movies because of the heavy political theme.

The Lost in Space series still has my interest and enjoy watching it. I just have to filter out the political, or social engineering aspect of it all. I see it, recognise it, and dismiss it...probably most of the watchers would not filter it out.. or even recognise the "propaganda" and mind engineering behind it all.

But it is sci-fi.. and alternative timelines, and where society could go in the future.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

The colonists being defended by an alien 'Assault Weapon' gave that away.

They didn't think it through.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join