It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Hannity ID’d as Trump Lawyer Michael Cohen’s Mystery Client

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Trump attorney Michael Cohen is also providing legal counsel to Fox News host Sean Hannity. The news emerged after a federal judge in New York ordered the name released from documents seized in Cohen’s office last week, multiple sources reported.

www.yahoo.com...

Listening to his radio show he swears that he has never paid cohen and that only asked him a few minor questions after asking cohen if client confidentiality would apply.

Wow it is hard to tell but shawn says he never retained cohen.

However this news is spreading pretty fast.

What say you ats will hannity become the next victim of the investigation or is this all hogwash?

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

This just seems to almost prove that all politics are just talking heads like Hollywood. While entertaining on one end they are just a face on TV and to not be trusted. Awhell I guess it’s time to go watch TV lol

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Hilarious...." the next thrilling instalment " The Crazy World of Politics brought to you by our sponsors....the shiny missile makers Inc....new faster jets Ltd....slogan ball caps ...and of course new clean coal !!!

Truth is so much stranger than fiction.

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
So much for attorney-client privilege.

One more right we are losing to Government overreach.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Shawn is always bragging about how damn tough his street martial arts makes him.

Maybe he will shadow kick his way clear of this?

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
So much for attorney-client privilege.

One more right we are losing to Government overreach.

From what i have heard from lawyers the only ones who are allowed to sign off on the breaking of attorney client privilege is the Attorney General or the Deputy Attorney General.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

They won't be able to investigate Hannity simply for being a client (or not being a client as he said). For those who haven't been keeping up, the judge wanted details on Cohen's clients. Basically from 2007-2017, he was not doing any private practice and only working for the Trump and Trump org.

He claims that starting in 2017 he went back to private practice to some degree and has 10 clients. 7 of the ten were not legal clients and he didn't name them. Of the remaining three, he had named Trump of course and Elliott Broidy (which it was already public knowledge that he'd rep'd him in the hush money payoff of the playmate). He was refusing to name the 3rd client, saying that the client instructed him not to reveal his name.

Judge wasn't having it apparently and Cohen's lawyer was compelled to reveal the identity of the third client in open court.

One interesting aspect of this is that Hannity has been "reporting" on all this stuff with Cohen all along and has failed to disclose his involvement with Cohen as a client. Somebody else at another outlet and he might be looking for a new job. As it stands, he's Sean "I never claimed to be a journalist" Hannity and it's Fox News.

Mostly likely the fallout here will be that he trends on Twitter, a blip in the media for a day or two and that's about it. Unless it comes out that Hannity is lying and Cohen acted as bag man for some scandal of his.
edit on 2018-4-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
ROFL! Obvious very bad optics and more aside, and we will have wait to find out the facts, imagine if Obama and Rachel Maddow shared a lawyer. Talk about derp state!

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Shawn is always bragging about how damn tough his street martial arts makes him.

Maybe he will shadow kick his way clear of this?

Probably confirms what we've all suapected -- Hannity was the thug who threatened Stormy and her offspring in the dark alley.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
ROFL! Obvious very bad optics and more aside, and we will have wait to find out the facts, imagine if Obama and Rachel Maddow shared a lawyer. Talk about derp state!

Who needs facts when there are lives to be ruined...super sarc

Seriously though lately all it takes is for sponsors to back out and bamn he is retired.

and in 3.2.1....

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Finally we get the REAL reason for the FBI "warrant executions" !!!

BwaaaHaHaHa

😯

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt

You'll have to wait now for the IG investigations !!

They name the names !!

👋🤓👋

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

So what IF Hannity did hire him? Did he commit a crime?

I don't really care for Hannity but why is this even news?

edit on 16-4-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

One interesting aspect of this is that Hannity has been "reporting" on all this stuff with Cohen all along and has failed to disclose his involvement with Cohen as a client.

Why should he need to disclose this to you or anyone else?

I feel like his privacy has been violated, but I guess we don't care about that anymore in America. This is just one more reason I don't have social media. Too many people think they need to be in your business. People have a right to a private life...even those in the public eye.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Cohen had an alliance with Squire Patton Bogs.

So ....people are on a witch hunt.....

Seriously unhinged.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

So what IF Hannity did hire him? Did he commit a crime?

I don't really care for Hannity but why is this even news?

Hannity say's he never hired him but has had several communications involving shawns past harassment claims against him i believe.
Now who really knows what the real deal is?

Either way if the crime was so egregious as to break the client privilege then there just may be something very serious there.

By now you can bank on the fact that sessions has reviewed the raid cause it is not inside the scope of the special council.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Not sure what they could investigate him for, honestly. He's not in any position of power, elected office, or anything else. I mean they *could* drum up some manner of "impartial media" case on him but assuming that survived accusations of First Amendment violations the entire news industry would have to be brought up on the same charges.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This is just More bread and circuses.

MOAR BREAD!! MOAR BREAD, We're TIRED of the CIRCUSES!

and not the crappy wonderbread fluff, I want REAL bread, like German Peasant Bread!

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
if hannity is telling the truth, then, by what I am hearing by the tv talking heads, he wasn't a "client" , which makes me wonder why he was brought up in the courtroom as being one, especially when he made it clear that he didn't want to be mentioned.
either cohen is too stupid to know what a client is, or he's hoping that they'll be able to keep the conversations between the two confidential for some reason.

but with no retainer, no billing, it might be a little hard to convince the judge that he was a client. more like one of those friends that every lawyer has that's looking for free legal advice, or maybe a media spokesman looking for clarity of legal issues so he can understand a story better.
or, maybe cohen was a go between between hannity and trump helping to coordinate the echo chamber that seems to exist between fox news, trump's tweets, and other far right soundboards.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Not sure what they could investigate him for, honestly. He's not in any position of power, elected office, or anything else. I mean they *could* drum up some manner of "impartial media" case on him but assuming that survived accusations of First Amendment violations the entire news industry would have to be brought up on the same charges.

Harassment

The claim is harassment as far as i know.
Even though he is not elected he rubs shoulders with the whole lot.
Likely payments over harassment claims. imo

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join