It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany's Echo Awards Presents Best Album Award To ‘Anti-Semitic’ Muslim Rappers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

No worries Lags!

hope the wee man is safe keeping the peace !

aww ma best for you and yours !

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

No one is more pro-Israel and the Jewish people than me, however, I still stand by the need to keep unfettered free speech. I think censoring anyone leads directly to that place you want to avoid. Let people expose themselves for who and what they really are. We are all better off exposing these people to the light of day.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I support free speech so I don't see the problem.
I'm also bored with the WW2 holocaust being rammed down our throats all the time. It had nothing to do with me, didn't happen in my country, none of my ancestors were involved in it, not my problem.
Same as the Cambodian & Rwanda genocides, they were # all to do with me either, but Cambodian people don't go banging on about it like I should remember their dead for some reason.

...and Hitler didn't only kill Jews, gay people gypsies, look at someone the wrong way, gassed, but no, let's just bang on about the Jews who died. Absolute tragedy but # all to do with me so I care as much as I do for any people killed in the world.
Heck if we remembered every genocide we'd be crying every day...when is the Bosnian genocide rememberance day? Anyone know or actually care?

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

No one is more pro-Israel and the Jewish people than me, however, I still stand by the need to keep unfettered free speech. I think censoring anyone leads directly to that place you want to avoid. Let people expose themselves for who and what they really are. We are all better off exposing these people to the light of day.

That may be true, but they still got a price, as I said in another posting.
Which is just not the way it should have happened. They should be shunned, they should be ridiculed, they should be the laughing stock. But not the award-winning heroes..

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

No worries Lags!

hope the wee man is safe keeping the peace !

aww ma best for you and yours !

Thanks mate.

Proud and chuffed that he wants to defend his country (France) and others too...

He joined the army (especially his regiment) for international peacekeeping services...

Not to kill..

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
He joined the army (especially his regiment) for international peacekeeping services...

Not to kill..

Urm...you've served as well, so you know that will not be his choice.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I totally agree with you on this one.

There is no reason they should win a award for being hatemongering a-holes. I was simply saying they have a right to free speech...not that they should be rewarded for it...that is some BS.

edit on 2018/4/16 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Muslim rappers? I immediately thought...

Aren't there strict laws in Germany about this? Or is it only holocaust denial?

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

So to move on, one ignores the lessons to be learned from the past?

That sounds like a good way to repeat the mistakes of the past, doesn't it??

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Absolutely. That also allows us to point out when that free speech is reprehensible.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
So to move on, one ignores the lessons to be learned from the past?

Everyone has learned the lesson, it's not like if Jews stop banging on about the holocaust then we are suddenly all gonna want to start gassing people again.
That 'lessons to be learned' argument is tired in my opinion.

Do you remember the Rwandan genocide? Cambodian? Bosnian? Take your pick of genocides since WW2, does your lack of remembrance for all those other genocides mean you are not learning a lesson?
Nope, I'm tired of hearing about it, wasn't my country, none of my ancestors were involved, and I certainly don't need a lesson that gassing people is bad.
edit on 16-4-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: typo

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Nope, I'm tired of hearing about it, wasn't my country, none of my ancestors were involved, and I certainly don't need a lesson that gassing people is bad.

I find that hard to believe unless your family emigrated to England after the war. They were in this middle of it.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I find that hard to believe unless your family emigrated to England after the war. They were in this middle of it.

My ancestors were fighting the Nazis who were gassing people.
None of my ancestors had anything to do with gassing people, that is a German and Austrian shame, not mine.
I don't need a lesson that gassing people is bad, and I don't think any rational person does either, so yes, I am sick of Jews banging on about it all these years later.
There have been plenty of genocides since then which nobody remembers outside of the countries where they happened.

EDIT
And the Jews weren't the only ones...
Gypsy - gassed
Disabled - gassed
Gay - gassed
Look at an SS officer the wrong way - gassed

I actually object to the monopoly on genocide that Jews dictate, millions of people have been massacred since then, but they don't matter because they weren't Jews. SMH.
edit on 16-4-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Free Speech? OK while we are all dissing these rappers, those nice jewish folk are shooting unarmed people as we speak. Who only want to return to ` THEIR` land, which the brits gave to the survivors of WW11. They used a tank last week to kill a guy, all the while being cheered on by those nice jewish folk . Who were sat on deck chairs drinking and cheering. What a joke this anti semite cr*p is. A really good example of the only democracy in the ME. I want to puke every time I hear the word holocaust, uttered by these creatures for they are surely not humans...
Gods chosen? This god must be a big asshole, for his chosen are nothing short of a festering pile of cr*p.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

My ancestors were fighting the Nazis who were gassing people.

Exactly my point.

None of my ancestors had anything to do with gassing people, that is a German and Austrian shame, not mine.

And this is a topic about Germany.

...so yes, I am sick of Jews banging on about it all these years later.

A lot more than just Jews in those camps. Secondly, their remarks DO scream antisemitism.

There have been plenty of genocides since then which nobody remembers outside of the countries where they happened.

Uh huh. Seems like we haven't learned after all.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: illuminnaughty

Good points

But of course any suggestion that the state of Israel treats Arabs like # is apparently anti-semitic. Lame as # if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Uh huh. Seems like we haven't learned after all.

So do you spare a thought on the remembrance days for the Bosnian genocide, the Rwanda genocide, and the Cambodian genocide?
I don't, they mean as little to me as the Nazi Germany genocide.
...and again, I don't need a lesson that gassing people is wrong, and I don't know anyone who does either, do you need this constant reminder?

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

In point of fact I do. One of my best friends from days gone by was a survivor of the Killing Fields, he's all that's left of his family. But what has that got to do with this? I haven't seen entire websites dedicated to hatred of Ruandans, or Cambodians, etc... Can the same be said for Jews?

...and I am very sorry, but unless Europe is totally different from the US, I don't see any "banging on" about the Holocaust as some herein imply.

Have any of those other groups you mentioned had a long history of pogroms launched against them anytime some asshole needed a scapegoat? Thousands of years of it. Being as you live in Europe, surely you're even more familiar with the history than I am?

Look, I'm not trying to be a jerk about this, but humanity has a long history of forgetting the lessons of the past, and when repeating them, doing it even better than the last time.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I'm not a Jew, I'm not German, and I had nothing to do with events prior to my birth, why should I care about the Nazi holocaust any more than any other?
I don't think you're being a jerk either, different perspectives is all, but I am tired of the Jews monopoly on public awareness of genocide.
We don't need 'a lesson' that gassing people indiscriminately to death is bad.

EDIT
270,000 Jews live in the UK with a population of 66 million, less than 0.5%, yet every year the big remember thing is on TV like we should all feel guilty or whatever. I don't need that lesson, and neither do the overwhelming majority of my countryfolk.
Germans and Austrians may need that lesson, but we don't in the UK, and I care as much about the Nazi genocide as I do Rwanda...but Rwanda people don't bang on about it like I need to remember their dead. Only Jews do that in the UK.
I'm not a Jew and my ancestors fought those who gassed Jews...why do I need a lesson?

edit on 16-4-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Not to kill..

Urm...you've served as well, so you know that will not be his choice.
He chose... not me

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join